Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Anonymous Insider

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

love this thread. i don't go anywhere without my ambient lighting powder. love love love it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 8.07.30 PM.png

Oh myyyyyy!!! I'm so freaking excited for this launch!!! Hourglass primer already blows me away!

WUT.

Can someone offer any information/educated guesses on what correction each of these shades would provide?

Well my educated guess is that Dim Light would be anti-redness (it's got some warm/yellow tones, to look at the sticker), and Mood Light would be anti-dullness, along the lines of the other lavender color correctors. And then Ethereal is probably a general brightener?

Grazie!

@etscore1 here's what the company says about the powder shades, so I'm guessing that the primers would have the same/similar effects:

"Ethereal Light: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow, even in broad daylight.
Diffused Light: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder that conceals redness and gives skin clarity like a soft ray of morning light.
Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
Mood Light: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion.
Luminous Light: A champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.
Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow."

Thank you so much for posting this @veronika23! I am beyond excited for this!

Ohhh my gosh, nearly just fell off my chair. I need all of them. 

Ohhh Hourglass, how I love you.

I've got quite a good collection of their brushes going (all the eyeshadow brushes, large concealer, and the blush brush) They're so heavenly! I only have one blush thus far (incandescent electra). I've also been loving their Illusion skin tint.

Their blushes are incredible. They have the most beautiful luminosity and really blend out perfectly. I don't have any blushes that are as perfect as the Hourglass ones. I want to get a few more, but because of the price they're more likely to end up on my birthday/Christmas wish list! 😛

I have yet to get an ambient lighting powder or strobe powders, but I'm determined to get them!

Ah, I agree!!! I have four of the blushes, and they may be the very best in my whole collection!! I'm hitting pan on one, so that says something alone! Lol

The upcoming Spring sale or the 20% sale at the end of the year are great times to get them! One of the best things about the brand is that they don't turn and burn their products like a lot of other companies do so you know they are going to stick around 😉

I always mean to pick up an ambient lighting powder during a sale, and it always gets overshadowed by expensive necessities that I actually need. I don't need another powder, so it's always been an easy thing to say "oh, I'll get it next time". I am definitely glad they keep their products consistent! 

This will be the year though! I'm determined! Hahaha. 

I hear you, my sale list is pretty much all necessities for this round lol. Yes, I'll check in with you later this year and remind you it's a must 😛

Hold me to it! Which lighting powder would you recommend I get first? I'm pretty fair skinned and thought ethereal light would be a good one to start with, but I'm not 100% sure. I swatched them all in stores and still couldn't decide which would be best.

Anonymous Insider

I have light toned tanned skin and I just got Mood Light and Dim Light. I LOVE them both. They are subtle, both would be perfect for fair skin as well, but buildable so you can adjust the amount of shimmer. Best highlighters I've ever used. Mood light is good for neutral/cool tone makeup looks and Dim Light is good as a neutral/warm highlighter.

I'll definitely hold you to it @Asche 😉 I am light to medium but get pretty fair in the winter and I really love Incandescent Light (exclusive to the ALP) which is similar to Ethereal Light in the permanent range. 

I have to agree with @JazaChai, Diffused Light is fantastic! Also enjoy using Dim Light all over the face on no makeup days but just want something to make my skin look awesome. 

Ethereal is nice for very fair skin but I think Diffused is better if you have a little redness that you'd like to correct or you don't want a total "Snow White" look. I'm "Kat Von D Light 42" pale (aka no foundation has ever been too pale for me) and I use Ethereal under my eyes and on any places I would typically highlight, and then Diffused over the rest of my face. Ethereal definitely matches me and it works well if I'm using a slightly too dark foundation, but I feel like it can make me look too washed out if I, not careful.

But it will really depend on the look you're going for... If you want full on porcelain princess, try Ethereal. If you want to neutralize some redness and look less ghostly, I would start with Diffused. It won't make you look tanned or darker than you are as it is still very light, but it doesn't have the slight white cast that Ethereal does (if that makes sense).

I am fair with warm undertones, and I use Diffused Light as an allover setting powder for when I don't want to be matte. It has the least shimmer of any of them, I believe, and the slight yellow tint is perfect for me. It is very slight though. It wouldn't look odd on at least neutral undertones, I would think

If you're much lighter or pinker than I am, Ethereal is probably a good choice, but I can't really compare them as I've never used that one.

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies! I will check out dim & diffused light next time I'm in Sephora. I don't want to look ghostly (that seems to happen to me easily), so perhaps ethereal isn't the best option. 

The palette is another option, but I always felt like I'd get no use out of the darkest shade.

The Hourglass blush is the only one that actually made me say, 'Wow!' after I put it on.  It's lasted an incredibly long time.

I also love my Dim light ambient powder.  I'm considering the palette.

6 Replies
testing