Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t yet have a thread dedicated to this amazing brand and Founder/CEO, Danessa Myricks. She launched her line at Sephora in February 2021. I have been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from her brand! I have been following her on Instagram for many years prior to that and was so excited for her to come to my favorite beauty retailer, Sephora. As a makeup artist, she always seems so genuine, warm and positive, and her line was founded on inclusivity and creativity.

On her website, she has instructional videos, some free and some for subscribers or purchase. She does incredible looks with color, but I’ve always been impressed with her complexion looks on all skin colors, tones, and textures. I started following her when I was working part time as a makeup artist at Sephora and I wanted to become more familiar with makeup colors on darker skin tones.

My first purchases from her line were the Colorfix pigments, which can be used anywhere, can be mixed together, and are incredibly versatile. They come in mattes and shimmers/foils in a massive range of colors. Most recently I have absolutely fallen in love with herDanessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork Vol. IV: Transcendence Palette - Illuminating Eye & Face Pigments . It is a phenomenally stunning palette with shades that are guaranteed to turn heads!

Even though I’ve even on a foundation no buy, I couldn’t resist her Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundationand Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide .

I’ve added a pic of my current DM collection below. I’m missing a couple items from this pic, so I’ll update once I have everything together. 

So, please join me in sharing your loves and observations and pics from this great beauty line! Please post here and tag me if you catch announcements of any beauty releases or other news!

DM Sephora Brand Page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/danessa-myricks-beauty

2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg

From the DM Website:

73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg

Tags:

Re: The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

@AznAngelLiz Stunning look! I am also curious about the blush.

Oh wow! Gorgeous - those greens! How do you like the Yummy cheek and lip? @AznAngelLiz 

Here’s my thoughts on the Yummy lip and cheek - super pigmented! It felt so smooth/thin that I made the mistake of thinking I needed more and I had to tone it down with some powder foundation on top. The color lasted all day but I noticed it moved downwards by the end of the day. 

The texture of this balm and the universal balm makes me want to try their colored balm. Thinking I’ll pick one up during the spring sale. 

@sister13 @CynthieLu @Mellmars1185 

Aha, great to hear! I’m looking forward to try it! @AznAngelLiz 

@sister13  Thanks for starting a Danessa Myricks thread! She definitely seems like the kind of person you could sit and chat with over coffee and tasty snacks. And I love that so many of her products can be used anywhere on the face and body. 

A couple of Colorfix shades were my first brand purchase, too. I went on to buy more of those, plus shades of Vision Flush (not a huge fan, mostly because of the heavy fragrance), Metals Pigment, Waterproof Cushion Color, and Illuminating Veil. I also have 2 shades of the Dew Wet Balm and a Twin Flames liquid eyeshadow, and I've tried Danessa's Evolution Powder in a couple different shades. My most recent purchase was probably the Yummy Skin balm. And I have Lightwork II, III Mini (missed out on the full size), and IV—which I agree is absolutely stunning. Might have a couple other products I'm not thinking of right now... I should pull all my DM stuff together for a collection photo soon. (Note to self!) 

Some of those products aren't available anymore, at least not direct from DM's site. I think you can still find a few shades of Metals Pigment (loose pigment) and Waterproof Cushion Color (liquid liner) at Beautylish. Some older Colorfix shades have also been retired, so I've been rationing the heck outta my Galaxy metallic Colorfix. 😄 

And I gotta say: Danessa always strikes me as genuinely positive. You know how some people are a bit... too positive, to the point where it feels forced and fake, and you know they're putting on an act or wearing a persona for some kind of personal gain? I never get that vibe from Danessa Myricks. Sure, I don't personally know her. But she's one of the very few makeup artists I'd enjoy meeting and spending a little time with, I think. 

I think you are totally right @WinglessOne her smile is so friendly and just makes you want to smile back 😊

I second that, if anyone did make the master class, please share, what was it like? I'm soo curious but I was back to work 🍽

I agree that she seems positive but genuine and she always makes me smile! I missed the masterclass this morning as we had some unexpected houseguests! I love the color fix and have been eyeing the lightwork complexion palette but haven't been able to justify buying it yet, lol. Would love to see your collection one day when you have the chance! @WinglessOne 

@sister13  Aw, sorry you missed it! I had a scheduled conflict so I knew I wouldn't be able to attend. If a BIC member did attend, we'd love to hear how it went! 

I pulled some of my DM collection together last night for photos, so I'll post that in a minute. 🙂

Oh yay! @WinglessOne 

This palette is a beauty, I 100% reccomend it. This is #Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette (There is nothing mini about this palette)

It so fun to wear 🤩 and these colours go on so smooth and creamy! 

MTXX_MH20230130133902066.jpg

MTXX_MH20230130133835815.jpg

20230130_115742.jpg

MTXX_MR20230130132007489.jpg

@CynthieLu Really pretty. The swatches and your beauty looks are making me feel like I need this !

**Edit i think it is sold out on the Canadian Sephora site. I check DM direct and it is sold out!

@Mellmars1185

I'd been following that palette since it's last sell out.. and waited for the restock email and luckily I grabbed it before it sold out again. I really truly wanted The Transendece Palette I was on the wait list for that one too, but it's been removed from the Canadian Sephora Site so my hopes are atm dashed that I'll be able to get that one day. I'm afraid of the duty charges if I order it directly from DM but it's been sold out foever

I love this one thou, so I lucked out big time ‌‌‌😁‌‌‌

@CynthieLu I didn't realize it is so hard to get. It makes me want it more! Haha. Congrats on getting one! I can see why it is so high in demand 🤩

@Mellmars1185 I hope the future brings more to the Canadian site 🙏 😀 🤞

Oh, so pretty - the swatches and the delicate but vibrant color on your eyes! @CynthieLu 

Another good point @sister13 You can build intensity depending on how much you use 😄 They even say that, depending on if you wear it on its own or over different coloured eyeshadow, you can create different and unique colours. I haven't experimented with different base eyeshadows thou, I'm having to much fun with them on thier own atm 🥰

Those swatches are so beautiful and you gorgeous, @CynthieLu ! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin this palette is playful at its heart ❤️

I just want to find reasons to use it everyday 🤩

A Danessa Myricks Masterclass coming up this Sunday, February 26th! From Instagram:

5E21DE9B-C257-4F89-ACE7-275052DD364F.png

197788AC-936B-4683-A159-BAF3EDF2DAFF.png

That’s so cool @sister13 ! Sadly, my Sunday is going to be a very busy day, I won’t have time for anything.

That's the one! @sister13 I work that day 🥺 lol. But I'm sure it'll be so fun!

I read you can register but they suggest showing up early day of, due to limits on how many people can join.

I've never caught a master class in anything lol have you ever? 

216 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos102
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liners
  • I lightly finger-diffused the left end of each swatch.
  • 1 Inglot cream shadow and 2 Danessa Myricks cream highlighters.
  • hauls2022-April-13-eyelinerswatch.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Lightwork vol. III Mini. Couldn’t catch the duochrome shift on some of these swatches very well in my bathroom lighting.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
  • The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
  • 73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg
  • 82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
  • 2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg
  • 50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg
  • D7D84DE4-B935-4C42-89D6-16578BE412BF.jpeg
  • 1EDFA3A4-E425-48EA-BA0B-72E6FA6508BD.jpeg
  • 624DC076-237D-456B-9E84-90E09DB830B0.jpeg
  • B03E28F5-DBAE-4F57-87E4-5E1D635D2EDF.jpeg
testing