cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD

More swatches + lipsticks are up but not available yet

https://www.sephora.com/product/studded-kiss-creme-lipstick-P427646?skuId=2026441

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 6.14.14 AM.png

I’ll need to get Ophelia, just because of the name. 

I'm actually kinda bummed about these because all my favorite colors are gone :'(  I will buy Gold Blooded because I have the special white tube that came out a couple xmases back & I won't use it because I am afraid I'll never get another, lol. 

Also bummed because I LIKE shimmer lippies & don't give a s&!$ what is popular,  I want to wear what I like.

@deathkitty  I'm with you on that! I like to wear what I like and not what is popular. I don't follow trends. 😄

@deathkitty Do you like Gold Blooded? The shade is beautiful but the formula of this one is the worst out of all of the studded lipsticks. It always comes out crumbly, like super crumbly. Hopefully the new formula is better. 

@darkiceis lol, I've never actually used my tube.  I am weird and worried I'd never find it again so I always talk myself out of using it. Now that I can get more I'm gonna try it and see if I have that problem, I was always happy with my other tubes.  I did find that the really old formula (before studded) was super dry. I love Adora but never really wore it because I had that original formula & it was kinda crappy.

@deathkitty Uh oh the fear of running out lol. That’s understandable. It’s the weirdest thing with that shade. All Of the other kvd lipsticks are fine, it’s just this one. Adora is beautiful! 

These look very nice, the pigmentation on some of the colours (like Mercy) look better than the old formula! I don't think I need any since I have most of the colours I want (should've picked up Tijuana while it was still in the sale section, darn!!)

@k617 Some of them do look better, but these swatches are too set up.  I need to see some real swatches.

This is true @darkiceis!

@veronika23 I’m hoping these are a bit more moisturizing than the previous version of the studded kiss lipstick. Hopefully we’ll get to test these out soon.:)

@trishavtyeah it's coming shortly! Jan 19th online at Sephora! Yay!!!  Although I might hold out and wait for the vault 😄 😄 😄

Me too @trishavt! I love the way a creamy lipstick feels applying it and throughout the day. She picked a great time to do the switch, since matte lipsticks are in their way out and creamy lipsticks are in for 2018! I’m so excited to try them 😊

Swatches of the 40 new/reformulated Studded Kiss Crème Lipsticks

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.12.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.13.04 AM.png

Oh, @veronika23

I love looking at these shades!  I could fall in love with some of these!  ❤️

OK, I got a question. How many of you picked up all the KVD Studded Kiss when they were on sale for forever? Are you really going to replace them with this new formula? I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it, but for one thing: I really LIKE the old formula! I know it's thick, but for some reason with this brand, I really LIKE it, and it lasts forever. I'm just wondering if anyone is panting to replace all their old KVDs with this new one.

The only ones I have of the old formula that are in the new formula are actually Adora and Mercy...Magick, Wolvesmouth, Thin Lizzy, Gothica, Chula didn’t make the cut. I don’t mind the formula on Adora and would avoid rebuying the same colour in general since I have SO many lipsticks. The only thing that bothered me about the old lipsticks was that the caps popped off so easily. Hopefully the new packaging is different. 

I'm really bummed out that they got rid of Magick, I've been trying to buy that one FOREVER and they never had it in stock 😞

@Mechart Have you checked tj maxx? I’ve seen that shade there in more than 2 tj maxx’s

@darkiceisWe don't have TJ Maxx in Canada, but next time I'm down in the states I'll take a look 🙂 Thanks!

I grabbed a few on sale, can’t resist a deal on KVD products 😄😄 I’m not going to repurchase the shades I have already in the new formula, but I am eager to try the new formula and compare the old and new 😊

4,065 Replies
testing