Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before Smiley Very Happy Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Light wonder foundation is sheer, but the coverage is buildable. It gives you a similar result as Burberry fresh glow foundation. I think it's a good foundation if you don't own any foundation with a glowing finish. I wouldn't say it's my HG though.

I like her compact finish powder, but it's been slightly, just slightly dry for my skin (which is already dry without powder). It feels somewhat similar to Guerlain compact on my face. It indeed blurs out pores/uneven texture, but I don't have too many large pores. I think it's pretty good. If you were to get only one among those three, I recommend this one. 

I also tried her light wonder foundation. It's pretty lightweight, luminous finish (but not enough for me, since I like dewy finish), but for me, this foundation was somewhat temperamental. When my skin's extra dry (lack of sleep), it would look horrible on me. It's a good one, but I have dewy/luminous foundation with light/medium coverage that I prefer over this. 

I haven't tried her lipsticks or blush, but I've heard good things about lipsticks. Shades seem pretty enough. 

I love the matte lipsticks…though others had issues with the formula.  I actually did as well, but only with the shade that is my favorite.  I have an eye pencil and that is one item I'd caution you on.  Beautiful but the wear time was pretty bad.  I'm PM you links to the videos I did on the matte lipstick.  The video add in hasn't been working, at least for me, for about a week!

I like her eye quads and blushes. The quality is very good, they last, are well-pigmented but not quite up to par with Tom Ford (but her stuff is also cheaper). I wasn't overly impressed with the one KISSING lipstick I got (Stone Rose) because the pigment was just average but quite moisturizing however did not last long. I have 3 eye quads which I love (Vintage Vamp, The Rebel and Rock Chick) and I'd have a few more if it wasn't for the fact that I get distracted by new stuff. I also really like the 2 blushes I have (First Love and Love is the Drug). My fav is FL cuz it goes with almost any other colors I'm wearing since it looks like a nude color on me. I'm not sure it would do well at all on darker skin. But she's got some other pretty, darker blushes as well. The lip pencil I have is average, works fine but nothing special for the price.

I I recently got Love Liberty matte lipstick. I am a big fan of Tom Ford's mattes but CT's (at least this color) takes several swipes for full coverage. I'd almost swear it has the slightest sheen to it. But it lasted well on me and the color is beautiful.  

I only have experience with her color products. And now that I'm speaking of them, I think I'll wear one of the quads to work later. Smiley Happy

I love what I've tried so far and have not found any duds. Overall, colors are well-pigmented and packaging is good. I think the whole makeup line is well curated. Having the makeup in sets just makes it so easy for noobs like me to look like I know WTH I'm doing to my face. It's like paint by numbers or bed-in-a-bag Smiley Very Happy I found my perfect nude lip combination in her Sophisticate set. Hepburn Honey lipstick+Pillowtalk lipliner+ High Society lip lustre = Wowza! So that's a what "nude lip" should look like! I'm skeptical about the skincare items and will stick to the makeup.

Quick thoughts:

• Filmstar Bronze and Glow - great for fair-med skin. Finely milled, really warms up and highlights the face, buildable color. I've seen a version for darker skin but not sure if/when it will be released. This is the only CT product I've tried that needs improvement in terms of packaging as it feels flimsy.
  • Eyeshadow palettes - only Sophisticate is all-matte. In terms of favorites, I'd rank Fallen Angel > Rebel (unique) > Vintage Vamp > Rock Chick > Sophisticate
  • Classic Powder eyeliner - so smooth and easy to use, does not drag and stays put. Wish it was twist-up
  • Blush - very pigmented and feels light on the skin, not sticky. Applies like cream, easy to blend.
  • KISSING Lipstick - love that there are so many nudes to choose from as that is a difficult color to get right. I hope they expand the colors in the range. Great lightweight formula, with the right amount of sheen. No strong flavor or scent.
  • Matte Revolution - easy to wear and light weight. I quite like it because it does not dry my lips as quickly as other mattes have. Less pigmented than TF matte though. Mild vanilla scent, flavorless.
  • Lip Cheat - My favorite lipliner so far. Thicker than NARS lipliner. Very creamy and easy to apply, stays put. Wish it was twist-up.
  • Lip Lustre - Comfortable to wear, not as sticky as Laura Mercier Lip Glace or NARS lip gloss. Complements CT lipsticks well, but dupable and not a must-have. No discernible scent or flavor.
  • Full Fat Lashes mascara - Love the brush! It really grabs and defines the lashes. I don't see much of a difference in formula vs classic Diorshow.
  • Magic Cream - tried a deluxe sample from the Nordstrom GWP. Just for fun, I bought a couple of CVS cold creams to compare it with. Magic Cream has a strong rose scent, pleasant, not overpowering. The scent did not make me cough like Guerlain Baby Glow did. It's much thicker than the drugstore cold creams and Clinique Turnaround overnight cream, yet surprisingly easy to absorb. Feels luxe (for the price, it should!). Worked well for my normal skin but best suited for dry/very dry skin. It's undoubtedly a very good moisturizer but there are products from Clinique and other mid-range brands that are just as good for half the price, so I don't think it's worth buying unless you have very dry skin.

Other items I have yet to test in my stash: Filmstars on the Go, Feline Flick, Colour Chameleon, Rock 'N Kohl, a few unopened blushes and palettes, foundation samples. Waiting for three Beach sticks to arrive. I have heard great feedback on the cream shadows, Air Brush powder and Retoucher and plan to try them as well.

If you're interested in a specific color of lipstick/blush/palette/lipliner, let me know and I'll swatch it for you if I have it in my collection.

I'm going to place my first CT order before the month is up. I've settled on the Filmstar Bronze and Glow and Hepburn Honey lipstick for sure (I'll probably add a lip cheat - I'm thinking Iconic Nude but might go with Pillowtalk). Then I'm debating on whether to get the Dolce Vita quad or two of the Color Chameleon Sticks. I don't hear a lot of talk about the chameleon sticks but two sticks vs a quad for around the same cost - I'm thinking the quad is the way to go as far as value goes? Plus the eye shadow colours look a little easier to blend than the sticks. This will be my first intro to the line so I've been going over what I want to order for at least a week now and it changes (and grows) almost every day. Eeek! 

Events in Toronto for the CT Launch:

Tilbury Taxis: The revolution starts on Monday 22nd June with the Tilbury Transformation Taxi. The Tilbury Taxi is a one of a kind stretch British Hackney Carriage that will be taking to the streets of Toronto. Jump in for complimentary Tilbury Transformations (choose one of Charlotte's Signature 10 women for a full makeover) and Quick Tricks (a mini-tutorial focusing on complexion, eye, lip or contouring) from Team Tilbury, Charlotte's experienced team of world-renowned makeup artists who have worked backstage with her on many different celebrities and models. Log on to CharlotteTilbury.com to find out where the taxis will be from Monday 22nd - Friday 25h June:

Google+ Hangout: Charlotte and a panel of beauty and media experts including Alexandra Weston of Holt Renfrew, Jeanne Beker, Canadian television personality, author and newspaper columnist, Vanessa Kraft, Beauty Director at Elle Canada and Stacey McKenzie, International model, TV personality and CEO of Walk This Way Inc. will be taking to Holt Renfrew's Google+ channel on Tuesday 23rd June from 4-5pm to discuss the transformative power of makeup and Charlotte's motto; 'GIVE A WOMAN THE RIGHT MAKEUP AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD'. Join the conversation live by signing up here: http://holts.io/1BbIWgi.

Charlotte's 10th Woman: Win the opportunity to become one of Charlotte's 10 women, completing her signature "1 woman, 10 different looks." The winner will join Charlotte live at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street, on Wednesday 24th June, to model one of her famous 10 women makeup personalities. For more information please visit Charlotte's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CTilburyMakeup

Artistry: Charlotte's team of world famous backstage makeup artists will be live in Holt Renfrew Bloor Street from Wednesday 24th June - Sunday 28th June. Complimentary 'Tilbury Transformation' makeovers and 'Quick Tricks' will be offered in celebration of Charlotte's stunning new counter at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street, which officially opens to the public on Monday 22nd June.

Be a Bloor Street Window Star: On Wednesday 24th June, to celebrate Charlotte's arrival in store, Team Tilbury will be offering select, hand-picked customers the opportunity to have their 'Tilbury Transformation' live in the windows of Holt Renfrew, providing a unique opportunity to be part of this momentous launch.

Live Red Carpet Makeup Secrets with the world's #1 makeup artist: Charlotte will be live in store at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street from 6-8pm on Wednesday 24th June supported by a spectacular cast of models, dancers and beauty influencers, as well as traditional London Guards! Charlotte will be revealing her Red Carpet secrets to Canada's makeup junkies with special guests from Hollywood and Canadian media. Music will be provided by DJ Natalie of Bellosound, sip on champagne and join in a moment of makeup history.

i have not tried her foundation, but have the powder and its seriously amazing. it leaves your skin glowing without looking matte or shiny, i believe it has crusher mother of pearls. it feels lightweight and luxurious. I'm a beliver! its worth it. The blushes are also great, they are highly   pigmented so a little goes a long way. I currently have sex on fire and ecstasy, lusting for the first love. The package is beautiful and will last you a long time!! 

I am really loving the Full Fat Lashes Mascara.  I'm surprised -- I can't remember the last time I really liked a mascara except maybe Lancome Definicils long ago.  It doesn't clump at all, it's buildable, it doesn't get hard and crispy and it doesn't smudge off on my upper or lower eyes throughout the day.  I live in a dry climate -- will have to test it in humidity and see if it does as well. 

Norman Parkinson collection is now available on the US site up to "a week before general release". Here's the email:

CT Norman Parkinson.png

CT Norman Parkinson 2.png

Additional info from Total Beauty: 

The swoon-worthy collection is available June 26 at CharlotteTilbury.com, July 9 at Bergdorf Goodman and July 23 at Nordstrom, Net-a-Porter and BeautyLish. 

I think I'm interested in the highlighter and the blush. But I will stay strong until I got more feed back from you lovely BTs Smiley Wink

Skintester had recently posted about a new Filmstar highlight/sculpt duo in darker shades from CT.

Reallyree has reviewd the item and posted swatches.  It looks much better on her website.  I will definitely look at this when Nordies starts carrying it.

In case anyone interested didn't catch this in my previous post Smiley Happy My Nordstrom rep hasn't confirmed yet but at least we have dates to watch out for.

Additional info from Total Beauty:
The swoon-worthy collection is available June 26 at CharlotteTilbury.com, July 9 at Bergdorf Goodman and July 23 at Nordstrom, Net-a-Porter and BeautyLish.

I've got two lipsticks (Penelope Pink and **bleep** Perfect(, three eyeshadow quads (Fallen Angel, Dolce Vita and Rock Chick), a lipliner (Pillow Talk), an eyeliner (Barbaralla Brown), the magic cream, the Supermodel body cream, a blush, the Filmstar Bronze and Glo, a beach stick, a Filmstar On the Go, and three creme eyeshades in the pots. I've ordered Mss Kensington from the new line and want to order the cream cheek tint. Beauty Professor has some products from the new line that she is reviewing--it all looks amazing. 

I'm a sucker for her stuff and feel like it always looks good on me no matter what--everything is so wearable! 

TF Pink Sand vs CT Colour of Youth - Pink Sand is much lighter, pinker and has gold shimmer.

No flash:

Cream blush TF vs CT NP.png

With flash:

Cream blush TF vs CT NP with flash.png

I was at Nordies today and tried two shades in the CT matte lipstick collection.  Actually, I tried 3.  I had planned to buy only one so that I can try the formula for an extended time.

1. 1975 red - was too neon on me.

2. Red Carpet Red (I keep calling this Vintage red) - It is a deep red, a going out shade.  I bought this.

3. Love Liberty - plummy colour.  Very pretty.  I will probably get this next if I am happy with Red Carpet.

The formula feels comfortable.  It doesn't skip or anything.  They are more long wearing satin than matte (I define matte as the liquid lipsticks with no shine).  Love Liberty "looks" more matte (it has less of a sheen) than Red Carpet.  But they both feel good. 

I just bought the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette since I'm in a highlighter phase. I debated long and hard about the Powder and Sculpt brush and ended up getting that too. I'm so excited and scared to use it 

I just got my first CT products ever!  CT + Norman Parkinson compacts!  I love them so far.  Somehow I missed the fact that these compacts are not metal, but I have been more than impressed with the products themselves so far, so I'm not disappointed that I bought them.  Still debating the cheek tint, but trying to be somewhat reasonable!  Anyway just thought I'd share.  Smiley Happy

upload_4340304728654547778.jpg 

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd compare Love Liberty with a few other lipsticks that I thought were similar. Turns out, it is pretty unique Smiley Happy

From Left to Right - Bite Beauty Brandy, Estee Lauder Reckless, Tom Ford Didier, MAC Rebel, Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty.

LL_Comparison.jpg

I had read somewhere that Charlotte Tilbury's masks and creams had differing formulas in the Europe and U.S.A  and that the products in the U.S didnt work as well as the European ones. This interested me so I compared the skincare product ingredients on the U.S and EUR sites and that is NOT true. They have the exact same ingredients in the same order (so there is not more or less of one ingredient over the other). I am planning to pick up her set once I run through my current products. Does anyone here own any?

2,303 Replies