Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I'm wearing it today @mrsbaine! It's really pretty and a great rosy nude for me! 😄

Testing out my Scent of a Dream sample. First impression: a powdery, soapy Mitsouko. 

I really tried to like this scent but found that, at least on me, it wasn't so great.  I get very few of the listed notes, much as I struggle to smell them (no peach, saffron, pepper, and barely any patchoulli or incense).

The tuberose is harsh (hard to do), though the violet softens it.  The jasmine is warm.  I read someone else say it smells like magnolia (not listed) and totally agree, along with pine.  Definitely chemicals, but not of the pleasant aquatic or ethereal vein.  I think the perfume got confused: is it old Hollywood glamour or a bohemian (though upscale) hippie market in Ibiza? At the end, it's very commercial and I'm sure many people will love it.  I tried a few times and finally decided it isn't for me.  Sadly, because I like the brand and the description.

@lachaton I still haven't received the free sample I signed up for but I'll be getting one with my order. I am not really good at describing the fragrances but I'll let you know how I like it in general. After reading your, k's and Mrs B's thoughts, It doesn't sound like a very appealing scent.

HA! I got the sample too @lachaton; it's like powder and honeysuckle. When I sprayed it, I said "oh... ok..." Then 7 minutes later, I was looking for anti-bacterial sanitizer. 

I don't like it, either.

I sprayed 3 VERY TINY sprays (one of them was more like a half spray) from the sampler vial, which probably equated to one full spray from a regular perfume bottle.

About 1 minute later, I wished I hadn't worn this perfume! I really got hit by the patchouli which I didn't notice as much when I sprayed it on my arm yesterday. Luckily, 6 hours later, it's almost faded to nothing...

@mrsbaine I could smell some of the patchouli/incense at first (so with the citrus, I thought of Mitsouko). But then it turned very powdery within about 5 minutes, and after that it was like pure soap. 

I don't think it's a bad fragrance, just not my cup of tea. I like florals but dislike overly "clean" scents. So I took a swim to wash it off haha.

I ordered Stoned Rose (been eyeing it anyway ;)) so I'd get this sample, should be here tomorrow! 😄

@k617 @fatimamummy I'm very interested in hearing what you two think of it! 

@lachaton so I got my order today, and upon first spray I didn't think the scent was anything special. I can't point out specific notes but I don't get any saffron (disappointing). Maybe I'm just expecting that delicious scent of opening a fresh tin of saffron threads, or a rice cooker full of saffron rice? 

I looked up notes in Fragrantica and I think I mostly smell the ambroxan...then it hit me...this reminds me of a more complex version of Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume. I *liked* it but it is far from being my favourite JHAG scent (Mad Madame is my fav). 

It's a bit strong and I think for me this would be a late winter scent that I'd wear into early summer. It would probably give me a headache during hot summer days.

I'm going to wear this to work tomorrow and see if my opinion changes!

Stoned Rose is a beautiful color, hope you like it.

@lachaton will do! I have a very unsophisticated nose so my opinion will be very short and simple! 🙂

@virgo87 it does look beautiful and a great nude shade for my lips probably! Lots of raves on blogs on this colour. Very excited!

I am still waiting for my sample to arrive 🙂

It seems like every order will come with a sample vial of the new "Scent of a Dream", a ribbon (?), and a mini key charm. I'm curious. 

saw someone post a picture of theirs on IG. It looks pretty cute. I'm kind of tempted because I was planning to order the magic cream soon anyway 😄

ct.png

Thanks to Spring and CT direct sales, I ordered a few new things recently! I got two of the Hot Lips, Bette cream shadow, Gold Digger shadow stick (sorry for the typo below!) and the NP LE Bronze & Glow

image.jpeg

Me wearing Secret Salma:

image.jpeg

Me wearing Hel's Bells:

image.jpeg

I'm really liking the formula of the two lipsticks! They're matte but not super matte, and they feel slightly dry but don't actually dry my lips out. It's hard to explain, but they go on smoothly and seem to set to a matte finish a few moments later. They also last pretty well and have minimal to no transfer even with meals! I also really like the two shades I picked out.

Hel's bells does look gorgeous on you! Can you tell me if it is close to kvd bauhau5 or dose of colors berry me 2? If not, then this might be my first Charlotte Tilbury purchase!

I really like Hel's Bells on you a lot! So perfect on you but then again so is the other colour and like every other colour you wear 😄

Hel's bell looks lovely on you. I am torn between it and Secret Salma.

Great picks!  I love the NP Bronze and Glow and CT cream shadows. The lipsticks really suit you!

They both look very pretty in you.  I just ordered Salma.  I have Bond Girl and do like that formula.  

testing