Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

Hi! I got one of those pointy overpriced lipsticks yesterday.

Color is I've Been _______

Spoiler
IMG_0191.JPGPhoto on 8-22-17 at 9.04 AM.jpg

I'm pretty impressed with the pigmentation! Going to see how long it lasts today.

Such a gorgeous color on you @malday! Man I do agree with you though. These seem really overpriced 😮 I finally got to see it in store and it is tiny

Still want to get one though lol. 

So, I finally got around to wearing it twice. I must say, I really like the formula and it lasted quite a while on me, which makes the $$ a little less painful! @Mcakes @NotCrocker @MissPuff

Good to know @malday! I like a lipstick that has good staying power. Thanks so much for the update, so helpful for a low lip maintenance person like me lol. 

Thanks for the update! Consider me enabled 🙂 November 20%, hurry up already!

Ooooh good to know @malday! Between the sleek packaging, how great it looks on you, and your report on longevity, I may suck it up and get one!

One can't hurt, right? Lol. And if you want more after you only have to buy the cheaper refills!

Ha, had to laugh at your description "pointy overpriced lipsticks."

That about sums it up! The packaging is super intriguing and the price point didn't sound too outlandish at first ($34?), but I happened to come across the lipsticks in person in a store, and WOW, they are really tiny. Deluxe sample size tiny, only 0.03 oz! Even the TF Lips & Boys, of which I own too many, are 0.07 oz...

It looks great, @malday, as always! And such a precise application! Did you apply from the tube or with a brush? 

Definitely let us know if it holds up across the day, it might help redeem the price!

Straight from the tube!

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting palette coming soon (Holidays 2017):

IMG_9075.PNG

Im not really sure I get this marketing strategy. The different shades for different people Just makes it sound like you'll probably not be able to look good in all the colors 

But in all seriousness I love hourglass but I am much more interested in their other 6 pan holiday palette which looks stunning! 

agreed, I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and I was in LOVE with last year's holiday palette. kicking myself in the foot for not buying it but i am anxiously waiting to see what they're going to feature this year (hopefully it's products that wear well on POC)!!! 

Ooh I like! Thank you for posting this @trishavt

@Mcakes You're quite welcome. Its going to be hard to resist this palette. Ive generally found its hard to resist ANY hourglass holiday palette. 😉

@Mcakes So based on this thread, I looked at the Ambient Lighting Blushes.  I tried them on over my usual blush, so obviously the results were skewed.  For reference, I think my skin shade is kind of run of the mill - light to medium.  I've narrowed it down to three.  ADVICE on which to choose would be helpful!

Mood Exposure: I think I like this one the best, but I'm concerned about it looking too muddy

Ethereal Glow: I like that it's a cool pink b/c I wear cool-toned blushes.  But I didn't see much of a color pay-off.  Maybe it will just give me a natural glow for that no-makeup look?

And Luminous Flush: I think this was my least favorite; it read darker than I anticipated - like an English rose color - but maybe I put on too much.

@greeneyedgirl107 I don't have Ethereal Glow but I do own Mood Exposure and Luminous Flush. Especially in the summer my light skin is more like light to medium so I think we are a good match. I have neutral undertones. 

Luminous Flush is my favorite hands down! It adds that perfect flush to the cheeks. Mood Exposure can get muddy if you add too much. It's also not as cool as I was hoping it would be. 

@Mcakes Thanks for the input!  I might just have to go in store without any blush on and try them on!  

Swatches of the new Confession Ultra Slim Lipsticks

ETA: They are up now on Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/confession-ultra-slim-high-intensity-refillable-lipstick-P420411?skuId=196394...

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 1.58.42 PM.png

veronika23 wrote:

Swatches of the new Confession Ultra Slim Lipsticks

ETA: They are up now on Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/confession-ultra-slim-high-intensity-refillable-lipstick-P420411?skuId=196394...

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 1.58.42 PM.png

These are really pretty! They look a lot like the Lip Stylo's though. 

I agree-they look similar to the lip stylos-- I wonder if they will be a similar formula 

testing