Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

Just wanted to give a quick review of the serums, now that I've used them for a few weeks and I feel like I have an idea of the results! For reference, I have acne-prone combination skin.

Super Bounce: This one has the thickest texture of all three serums. It's milky and relatively thick. It does give a nice boost of moisture but just enough to stop my skin from feeling tight. II like using it under moisturizer because I feel like it enhances the moisturizer's effects. It's not super hydrating or life-changing but it has cut down on my flakiness without clogging my pores so I'm going to give it a 6/10.

Super Glow: So this has the thinnest texture of all. It's clear and almost exactly the consistency of water, which makes it hard to apply. Honestly I don't think it's done anything for me. It soaks in instantly and I don't see any extra glow or anything. Maybe it would show more results with longer use? So far I would only give it a 3/10. 

Super Pure: OK, so this one is my favorite by far! It has a normal thin serum consistency and it is clear. It soaks in pretty quickly. Since using it I've seen reduced redness and acne, especially around my nose. It is very calming and brightening,The one problem I have with it is that I'm going through it very fast, haha! 9/10. 

Thanks for the review! I'm super interested in the super pure serum so I'm glad to hear you like it 🙂 we have similar skin types.

@TKLJ How have you been finding the serums? I was looking at them today and was wondering how you fared with them. Also, I know you're a big fan of the skin tint right? Coverage wise from 1-10 where is it at?

@makeitup305 Good news first: I love the skin tint! Coverage wise it's very light—lighter than a BB cream, lighter than a tinted moisturizer. The first time I wore it, I freaked out. MY PORES! For all the world to see! I've grown to love it, but realize that may not be what everyone wants. If full-coverage foundation is a 10 and BB cream is a 5, it's probably a 3 (maybe a 4 if you build it up).

Meh news: I'm not in love with the serums. I've been alternating them (Maybe I should just stick to one for a few weeks? Although they say you can mix-and-match them). I don't think I'll return them, but I probably won't repurchase unless my skin undergoes a magical transformation soon. I don't like how they feel sticky on my skin after application; they don't sink in like I thought they would.

@TKLJ Thank you! I appreciate your input. I decided to give them a shot since I don't mind the stickiness after since I add moisturizer or primer anyways. I'm planning of using them like boosters, which is what I was using a similar product from Sephora for (they discontinued it ). I love trying new serums so hopefully these give my skin a little boost at least 😉

CCing @JenniferOhJenny and @marlenecol, because they wanted to hear about the serums. Marlene, how do you like them?

@TKLJ I think I am still deciding how I feel about them!  I have been using them every day with the Priming Moisturizer...

Super Bounce - I really like how this feels all over my face, but I have oily skin so I am not sure if it's doing anything to help moisturize.  I love the consistency and its the only moisturizing serum I own so I will continue using, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase, still up in the air.

Super Glow - I have been using this instead of the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum, and I actually think I like this almost as much.  I like that it doesn't have a scent, and I feel like my skin has been noticeably brighter and healthy looking.  I guess that could be due to any of these serums, but I like using it in the morning, and feel like it's helping!

Super Pure - definitely my favorite! The consistency is grea, and when I use it at night, it definitely helps clear up the redness and little breakouts I usually get around my chin.  I am definitely re-purchasing this one.

It's hard to draw conclusions on serums quickly, right?

@marlenecol So I have an update, and the good news is I like the serums more. I've stopped applying them directly from the dropper to my face. I found it to be messy and frustrating, as it would just drip off my face or go where I didn't want it. So now I just squirt a few drops into my palm and apply that way. I find my skin to be much more moisturized and supple this way. I still can't tell if my skin is, say, brighter after using Super Glow, but as I'm switching up the serums depending on that day's need, I think it's hard to tell. 

Thanks @TKLJ! They sound like a pass - appreciate your review 🙂

I just bought the three-pack to try all of the serums. Which ones did you guys pick up? I haven't seen any promo codes floating around, but let me know if you do and I'll edit the master post.

Here's some general info:

* I've seen the consistency described on IG as watery, like an essence, not oily.

* Apply three to four drops directly onto clean skin, dab into skin until absorbed.

* Use once a day. "These guys are potent—you may use more than one Super each day, but each just once a day."

* Super Glow results: "See results from Super Glow after 1-2 weeks."

* Super Bounce results: " See softer skin instantly with Super Bounce."

* Super Pure results: "See a reduction in redness and blemishes after 4-5 days of using Super Pure."

* Claims: "hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, paraben free, fragrance free, not tested on animals"

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Super Glow:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycereth-26, Propanediol, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium PCA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol

Super Bounce:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Biosaccharide Gum-2, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Octyldodecanol, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate

Super Pure:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Niacinamide, Glycereth-26, Propanediol, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Extract, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose

I bought the three pack as well!  I really hope some of these make a good substitute for the expensive serums I am using now 🙂 

@TKLJ I'd love to hear your thoughts on them for your skin type once they arrive!

I didn't purchase any but I'm interested in the Super Pure. I think I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I buy it. Plus, I already have a 10% niacinamide + zinc 1% serum so I don't really need another one right now. 

Good job on not overbuying. I just finished a serum and only have a few foils left, so I was all gimme gimme with these.

@TKLJ I'm not planning on purchasing any just yet but would you mind letting us know what you think of them once you try them out? Thanks!

@JenniferOhJenny You bet. 🙂

Fabulous, thanks!

I love Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser. I thought I wasn't going to like it but now I have backups 😄

PSA: Glossier is launching three new serums called the Supers on Sept. 12th! 

4glossier.jpg

They're called Super Glow, Super Bounce, and Super Pure. Super Bounce is a hyaluronic acid + vitamin B5 serum, Super Pure is a niacinamide + zinc serum, and Super Glow is a vitamin C + magnesium serum. 

They will be $25 or $28 each (I've heard both) or all three for $65. 

They're described as concentrated serums that allow you to customize your skincare routine depending on what you feel like your skin needs that day. They are also said to be suitable for every skin type. 

(photo creds to @caitlinmcavoy on insta!)

glossier.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Are these serums good as moisturizer for before applying full-on makeup in the morning? 🙂

No, I'd say you'd still need moisturizer. Glow and Pure sink in pretty quickly with minimal moisturizing, and while Bounce does hydrate, it's not as good as moisturizer. 

I'm so excited for super pure!

Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg