Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

oh I meant you used to be able to stack the 20% and the $5 off coupons like below but now you cant! The Free Shipping yes you can always stack 🙂 

Not to spam my own thread too much, but here's another $5 off code: NEXTBEST. Expires 6/23. It's from a contest I entered and didn't win, so I guess $5 off is the next best thing. 😉

I think I'm going to get the Quartz highlighter. I've been asking a random lady on IG about it and she likes the texture (I was worried it would be too creamy and wet and my hair would get stuck in it, but she says that hasn't been a problem for her). @marlenecol and @rose41, how do you like yours? 

Hi @TKLJ!  I'm sorry for my delayed response- I wasn't near a computer most of the day.

I actually really like both highlighters and echo the praise from others.  For reference, I have dry and sensitive skin and I'm about an NC 20 (light, but not fair, and pretty neutral-toned, but leaning slightly warm).  It is creamy and very dewy, but not sticky at all (so no hair issues).  I really love the texture-- I find it seems to meld with my skin and feel pretty weightless.  I also think it's very subtle compared to most highlighters.  It's not glittery or frosty in the slightest, which makes it great for daytime. I also love using quartz for subtle brightening/color on my eyelids.  I actually think that might be one of my favorite uses for the quartz!

As for the topaz, I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I've found it really pretty on my cheeks for a sun-kissed look.  When I first swatched it on my arm, I was scared it would be too orange, but it's really subtle and pretty on my cheeks with or without additional blush.  The topaz doesn't really work on my skin tone as a traditional highlighter.

Overall, I agree that it has great staying power and it looks very pretty on the skin-- it never gets patchy!

The one thing I'm still working with is figuring out how to make it work with liquid foundations (I use either Koh Gen Doh or the Glossier Skin Tint).  I find if I layer it over my base and use the actual stick for application, it can lift my base a bit.  I'm experimenting with trying different methods of application (fingers and brushes) and also with layering it under any base.  It's pretty subtle, so layering under the Koh Gen Doh might not work, but I think it could with the skin tint.  When I just wear it on its own without base, it's beautiful.

Hi Friend!  I am actually really enjoying them, I have been wearing them every day.  For reference, I have oily skin, but I do prefer a somewhat dewy look day to day.  The quartz highlighter is beautiful!  It is not totally oily (which I was a little afraid of based on their description), but is somehow not glittery either.  It is just subtly dewy and glowy and totally pretty!  I actually do not have any issue with my hair getting stuck in it (I feel ya with that problem).  I wear them to the office every day without setting with a powder or anything and they do not break up or melt off at all.  They're easy to carry around for touch ups too which I always appreciate.

I have been wearing quartz every day just around my brow bone and very top of my cheekbone in a little "c" shape and tapping out a little with my finger, then wearing topaz on the apples of my cheeks like a bronzer/blush to warm up my fair skin.  It's subtle and super pretty.  I am actually surprised by how much I am enjoying the darker shade, it's so gorgeous, and would definitely look stunning as a highlight on someone with a darker skin tone than mine!

I believe you mentioned it already, but Glossier has the best ever customer service, so you've got nothing to lose!  I'd love to hear your thoughts if you go for it 🙂 

Thanks for the code! 

Being nosy and just adding my 2 cents - my Quartz just arrived yesterday. I've only used it once but I like it! I found that it is pretty much exactly as they described it. Not glittery at all, not too creamy but nicely dewy. No problems with hair getting stuck in it. I just swiped it on and blended the edges a bit - it looked almost natural (if a highlighter can look natural). I'm looking forward to playing with it when I have a little more time. 

Thanks for the feedback, @marlenecol and @JenniferOhJenny!

New $5 off promo code (sorry, I don't know when it expires): MOLLS.

Glossier has finally gotten into the highlighter game with a new product called Haloscope.  They describe it as skincare + makeup with a solid oil core.

Even though I'm pretty pale, I already purchased both colors because I have no self restraint...

Glossier_Haloscope1.PNG

I am so intrigued by Quartz, but I sort of hate cream products. I'll have to give it a good think.

I hate creams, too. Definitely oily to oily/combo skin. @TKLJ Did you go ahead with purchasing the highlighter

@36524 I just made an order for Quartz. I thought about Topaz, but I don't wear bronzer, and this way I get to try out the formula without making a bigger commitment. I had store credit and a coupon code, so it didn't cost me any real money. 🙂

Ahh, okay, I hope you like how it wears!

@marlenecol I also ordered both!  At first I was just going to order the quartz, but I am trying to up my bronzer game. I am hoping the topaz looks more "bronzed Gisele" than "dirt on face" on my light skin.  Clearly, no restraint here either!

Is anyone else having problems with the cap on the priming moisturizer? A couple weeks ago it just started popping off. It doesn't look like there is anything broken/cracked inside the cap, but no matter how careful I am it just doesn't screw on correctly. If I leave it mostly-on it eventually just pops off. I emailed them and they're sending me a new one, but I wondered if anyone else was having problems or if I am just dumb haha

Nope-- but I think this product is breaking me out. Which is v upsetting because I love how it works. 

That's weird. Luckily hasn't happened to me (I'm almost done with my second bottle), and I'm glad they're taking care of it.

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png

New Balm Dotcom scents in Rose, Mint, and Cherry launch Monday! I'll pick up Cherry when I use up the coconut one. 🙂

They're selling a 3-pack with all the new scents for $30 right now. Their snapchat has the link and code to use.

I'll never want anything enough to get Snapchat. 😉

Okay but I'm still waiting for the Skin Tint in Medium to restock??!!?!

ETA: Apparently there were issues with the previous batch, but still lol

Yeah, I've seen others complaining about the slow restocking. I understand for the skin tints since there was a problem, but I think some Boy Brow was OOS (and maybe still is?) forever. Let people give you money, Glossier!

Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png
  • Glossier_Haloscope1.PNG