Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I started with the Roses candle and been hooked ever since 

Their rose candle smells sooo good @dimpssss! I’m going to pull mine out now and light it! 🌹 

Diptyque Annual City Candle Event starts April 20, for just a week.

Photo credit: DiptyquePhoto credit: Diptyque

Photo credit: DiptyquePhoto credit: Diptyque

The city candles are typically only on sale in the city they’re named after, but for one week in April, purchases can be made online or through most local stores (though allocations per store may be limited).

I've heard there is a new city candle being introduced this year - Seoul. Not sure if it is a limited edition for this year or if it will be permanent. Usually, a new city candle will become part of the permanent collection but it hasn't been confirmed for the Seoul candle. 

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Just ordered this candle, hope I love it!

@Luvstravel that candle is gorgeous! I hope you love it just as much as I do ☺️🫶

It looks and sounds gorgeous,  @Luvstravel!

@curlychiquita, Sorry, I didn't even think about adding t...

@curlychiquita, Sorry, I didn't even think about adding the description to the pic. I do love a rose scent, so hopefully it will be here soon!

Re: @curlychiquita, Sorry, I didn't even think about adding t...

@Luvstravel, I looked it up! I meant it sounded gorgeous from the description I looked up.  I own a few older Dyptique candles so I sort of keep track of them but haven't purchased recently.

RE: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I’m not sure how to start a new thread about diptyque since this is my first posting on these groups-sorry! Butttt I was wondering if anyone has any inside info if diptyque is doing anything holiday? Through Nordstrom or any other department store etc? alsoooo- I just bought the huge Baies candle for our home to burn and then use to hold some makeup brushes and as its burning my husband tells me never buy it again bc it smells like soap! How dare he! Hahah ♥️

Re: RE: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Diptyque sent me an email with early access from Oct 10-13.  I was good this year and ordered the 70gm coffret to try the candle scents first instead of buying all three 190gm like I normally do.  If I like them, I'll order the full size.  Let me know what you get!    https://www.diptyqueparis.com/en_us/l/diptyque-s-lucky-charms.html?utm_campaign=101019_Holiday_Previ...

I've had the page open all day. I usually only like one or two out of the three, but they never sell out, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm considering the carousels as will sell out quickly and the 5 or 12 candle sets. The lid is beautiful, but wow that price! I'm looking for confirmation to pull the trigger on any of them. 

I took a chance on the larger carousel.  I purchased it last year and it never hung level and was unusable. I have the little carousels and have never had a problem with them so I was particularly disappointed with the large one.  Ordered the 12 candle pine set; seems like a very cute idea.  Was intrigued with the lid, but told myself to really think it over at that price.  20 mins later when I went back to check, it was OOS.  Probably just as well, but I could really use the luck and harmony they advertised this year!

@cyan8181 

That's good to know. I was thinking of getting a carousel this year and debating between the sizes...Maybe will just grab a small one then. 

Lid is back in stock.  I had put myself on the email list, but never received one.  Just happened to be on their site and noticed it was available again so I ordered it.  They have the worst site.  Never accepts my password, never sends the email to change it, etc.  Did you go with a carousel?

City candles are available online until 09/16.  You can always get the US cities by calling Diptyque stores in that particular city (NY, Beverly Hills, Miami), but it's a little tougher to get the internationals if you aren't traveling there.  I have them all by now, but my repurchase is always the Paris.  It's a bit like Baies, but more complex.  London is a powdery floral, Berlin smells just like Tilleul if you've burned that one.  I don't love any of the others and am trying to work my way through them.  Anyone else a fan of any of the city candles???

RE: Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I love the Beverly Hills Miami and Shanghai. Tried all the others and those are the ones I’m repurchasing. @cyan8181 thanks for update!

The GWP for the valentines collection is up on the Diptyque site  $150 buy in

B4B83E14-F81F-4D7F-893A-2254FE4DCEB8.jpeg

Looks like this will be branding for the 2019 valentine’s collection. I got this pic from selfridges. All the items were standard “roses” scent. The candle wasn’t posted yet, so maybe they’ll do something different  though they generally do the candle and hanging tablet thing in the same scent. 

2019 Diptyque2019 Diptyque

RE: Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I had a necklace to return to Nordstrom and was surprised to see diptyque, I didn’t know it was there! I thought after some expanded notes that I would want daninesca instead of my original choice of centifolia. I ended up sticking with centifolia, I loved the fresh scent. They weren’t stocking the minis so I ordered the mini through her and she included a mini rose too! Successful trip 🎉

@CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe...

@CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe the Damascena smell? Was it overpowering rose?
5 Replies
testing