Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: @CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe...

@Luvstravel Forgive me because I’m not a fragrance expert at all! The centifolia was very fresh, I did get a lot of the greenery but also had a good balance of rose. The daminesca smelled like musty non-specific floral to me and I didn’t pick up a lot of rose from it. I didn’t get the honey notes either at all!  It’s funny how individual it is because IIRC you didn’t get much rose in centifolia but I did. 

@CC3616, On my way home from Dallas. Stopped in the Diptyque Boutique and smelled both candles. They had both burning so the store smelled so good, but I really wish just one was burning so I could have gotten a better sense of the candle. After smelling both, I did prefer the Centifolia over the Damascena but sense I didn't fall in love with either one I passed. I really wished I lived closer to a bigger shopping area so I could stop in whenever new products and new makeup is released, but oh well, it's by mail for me 🙂

@Luvstravel I understand, it's an hour plus to sephora/nordstorm/saks. It was pure luck that I landed near a store last week! I would be interested to smell them together, but that definitely doesn't help you with your purchase. I was originally going to purchase the mini set because of how the online description had them playing off each other, but I'm glad I stuck with just one. Money saved for something you love! 

@CC3616, I completely understand. I think I'm running to Dallas this weekend, so I will definitely stop in Nordstrom or the Diptyque store itself.

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

There's a Diptyque in Grand Central and they were burning one of the roses candles and the whole hallway smelled wonderful (quite the feat considering how big the space is!).  I'm excited to pick one up!

@lipstick4soul

The valentines collection just launched on Nordstrom! individual minis ($36) this set ($72) and the scented hanging oval you posted ($55) as well as a couple perfume sets! I love the concept 

What it is: A limited-edition set featuring two fragrances from the Roses collection, which celebrates the rose in all its form.

diptyque valentines.jpeg

What it is: A limited-edition set featuring two fragrances from the Roses collection, which celebrates the rose in all its form.

Fragrance story: This two candle gift set celebrates the most emblematic roses of perfumery: the centifolia rose and the damascena rose. Two singular rose scents in candles that can be lit together or separately. Individually, each candle releases its own singular scent. Together, they complement each other as the refreshing, delicate fragrance of one mingles with the luxurious, honeyed notes of the other.

Set includes:

- Damascena Scented Candle

- Centifolia Scented Candle

• 2.4 oz. each
  • Made in France
  • Item #5768169

@lipstick4soul and @ talifromcali, just received my Dipty...

@lipstick4souland @talifromcali, just received my Diptyque Centifolia candle and I'm returning it. Maybe the smell was too green rosy for me, I guess I might prefer the old lady rose smell better 😊

Re: @lipstick4soul and @ talifromcali, just received my Dipty...

Did you light the candle @Luvstravel? It’s quite possible that the “rose” would be more pronounced when the wax warms (again,  I don’t have the candles but going off what I know of the essential oils and how they behave). 

@lipstick4soul, No I didn't light it because I wanted to be able to return it, so that may possibly be true. Hope someone purchases both so they can give a better comparison 🙂

@Luvstravel I’m glad you posted this, I’m now reconsidering my purchase. Had everything I wanted loaded in my cart at Nordstrom. I have no boutiques anywhere near me to be able to smell the candles 😕 and our Nordstrom’s store does not carry Diptyque 😞

@imlostagain, I really only smelled a faint rose scent to this candle. Definitely more of a fresh green scent than a rose smell. Other poster was right on with the description of this scent. I guess I would lean towards the heavier rose smell of the other one.

@Luvstravel Thank You 😊 

@lipstick4soul, Thanks for the comments on the scents, ju...

@lipstick4soul, Thanks for the comments on the scents, just ordered the Centifolia candle 🙂

Thanks @talifromcali. I love the orange and purple this year!

ETA: I am interested to smell these and curious how they will compare to essential oils from the rose variety. I have never particularly liked damascena, it always smells like old dusty pot pourri to me but centifolia is more green fresh rose smelling. 

@Luvstravel@lipstick4soul thank you for sharing details on the scents!

@CC3616, your welcome.  I love a pretty rose scent.

@lipstick4soul @Luvstravel

its now up on diptyque too! I know where I am heading this week lol diptyque valentines.png

@talifromcali, I wish I had a Diptyque store or even a large mall close to me, I ending up ordering from Nordstrom. So I was happy when comments about the one I ordered being fresher,  since I have no way of going anywhere to smell them. The smart thing would have been to order both if them and send the one I liked the least back, but I'd be afraid I'd like them both 😊

@Luvstravel Honestly I love Nordstrom especially for the customer service which is way better than diptyque's especially for returns and such! I just go to the boutique because they are more likely to give gifts haha

I hope you love your candle!! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Just placed my order for the two large candles. Unfortunately no gwp at the moment. 

Thanks for the scent notes! I going to go into the Diptyque Boutique when they release the collection and see if I like both. Hopefully there will be a gift with purchase 😉 

I am also loving the colors! I love when the whole glass is colorful 🙂 

testing