Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

This is exactly what I'm worried about.  $50 is a lot to spend on an object that may or may not give off enough scent.  At least with a candle you have a nice flame to light up the room even if the scent is a dud!

I know some of you were looking for the small Rosaviola candle and one of the SpaceNK stores has just a few left-if you want more info please PM me 🙂

I'm a Diptyque virgin!  What scents would you lovely ladies recommend?  Is this RosaViola a fairly easy scent to like?  If I recall, I've smelt the popular one, Baies (?) and liked it.  I don't like heavy vanilla scents, nor earthy ones.  (although there are always exceptions) 

For reference, I am a Voluspa addict and my favourite scent of theirs is Makassar Ebony and Peach.  

Also, I'm just outside of Vancouver so I have access to a Nordstrom, although I'd probably have it shipped.  Is there often a gwp that doesn't require a $175 purchase? 

Thanks so much in advance!

HI! I can tell you my favorites-I like Baies, I also have Jonquille, I'm not sure if that is discontinued, but it's a green floral. The other one I have is a limited edition, the Beverly Hills and no longer available. Oranger I will be purchasing next-it smells like a creamsicle. The rose is really pretty, just a straight up light sweet rose.

Regarding the GWP, it's hard to say on the value. I think the in store SAs can do a GWP for lower than what you see online, but that may vary from store to store. There is a Space NK promo now for $125 purchase that looked good! Someone posted it on the Gift Bag Enthusiasts thread..

Thanks!  I do like green florals in perfume so the candle should be ok too.  Maybe I'll just have to pop down to my Nordstrom and start smelling them.  🙂  I want to pop my Diptique cherry.  

Who is getting a back up of Rosaviola? I'm trying to decide if I need more of these before they go away..the jar is just so darn cute, ya know? Do you all think this is back up worthy?

I've been seriously debating it.  I'm actually not that crazy about the jar, but the scent is amazing.  However, I'm still new to Diptyque, so I may save the money so that I can try a different floral when the candles I have burn out.  Decisions, decisions.

The scented oval is still in stock online at Neiman Marcus this morning. Might be an option if you don't want a candle. I think it is sold out everywhere else. 

Oh, I've been thinking about getting both!  🙂

Beautyhabit has the candle and oval in stock with a GWP that has a decent buy-in (as of the last time I looked).  

Do you have experience with the ovals (any scent)?  I asked this of the community a week or two ago.  I think a couple people were planning on purchasing but hadn't actually owned one yet.  I'm so tempted but afraid it might be a waste of money.

I know, it's an investment! If you aren't crazy about the jar you could always wait..

That scent, though!  I have mine on top of my dresser right now.  Every time I walk over to take something out of a drawer I get a whiff and I'm in heaven!

I finally opened mine just now to smell it so I could answer your question but when I opened it (it was sealed) the candle looks all scratched up and like someone filed down the wick.  😞

IMG_2482.JPG

This is very odd! I just looked at mine which I haven't opened yet and my wick is cut down but the wax looks fine. It's smooth and I do see roughness on yours. Nordstrom, thank goodness will always take care of something! Did you use your Nordstrom charge? You could always call the 1-800 number if you don't want to wait for Denny to get back to you..

It was hard to catch in picture but it's all scratched up on top.  I did use my Nordstrom card and was going to call like you suggested but Denny responded to me and is processing a return and then she'll send me a new one.  So I hope this one comes looking better.

I may be alone on this, but I personally wouldn't worry about the scratches as long as they are only on the wax (if the jar was scratched it might be a different story).  They will disappear once the candle has burned down a bit.  I can't get a good look at the wick, but I will say mine was extremely short on my Rosaviola but it's burning just fine.  I actually like to keep my wicks as short as possible in order to avoid flare-up.:)

The jar isn't scratched but I've never seen a wick this short on another Diptyque candle.  

Please tell me you kept the receipt so you can exchange it.  That's just awful.  What a bummer.

I don't think I did 😞  I ordered through AnneMCC's SA so I emailed her.  It's just so sad to me because she initially ordered it for me from Nordstrom online because she didn't have it in stock at her store at the time.  They charged me but never shipped it.  She had to call CS and get it reversed for me.  Then she finally got it in her store so she charged me and had it sent herself.  And now this happens.  I just feel bad because we also had such an issue getting the Dior highlighter so I feel bad taking up more of her time.  I did email her though.

It's not your fault.  These things happen.  I bet she will open the boxes to look at the candles before shipping them again though...live and learn.

True.  I emailed her and she just responded saying she will process a return for the one I have (I can keep it though) and she will resend me one.  I'm sure it will be fine this time.

I love it but I'm telling myself there will be something new to love so I should wait for that. 

8 Replies
testing