Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Ahh thanks. I will try that combo tomorrow 😄

Oh it's the same at mine and Guerlain is also catty corner...it's a nirvana!

I am a fan of their skincare and fragrances, have yet to take the plunge with their candles though. So far my favorite perfumes are Tam Dao and Do Son, their take on florals is gorgeous!

I thought since I've never tried them that this would be a great way to get acquainted with this brand and it would also assist in picking up the GWP at the same time. Has anyone ever tried this mini set?

image.jpeg

I have this set but have only made my way through one or two candles so far (I also bought some holiday scents at the same time, which I tackled first).  I do think it's a great way to try out a lot of different scents.  I would just caution that most if not all of these candles are woody and spicy scents.  If you're more interested in the floral or fruity scents you may be disappointed.  That said, I'm not typically one to buy these types of scents, so I viewed it as a good chance to try them out!  So far I'm IN LOVE with Ambre, which I never would have expected.

If you're more of a floral person some departments stores (Nordstrom for sure, and I think I got mine at Saks) have a set of three small candles which contain Baies, Figuier and Roses.  This was my starting point last fall and I loved all three.  I think Baies may be one of my favorite scents on the planet.

That's so pretty! I was eye-ing it the store..

i got the 5-candles set.. and have carefully stowed it away while i try the lesser(?!) candles first haha. I am a bit of a squirrel/hoarder.. They all smelled fantastic though.

I am going through a Feu de Bois votive separately, and it is the most gorgeous fireplace scent ever 😄

I looked at that one too!!! It just seems at that point I mine as well jump in with both feet 😜

Whenever I finish a candle first I take a pair of pliers to remove the wick.  Then I just wash it like I wash dishes.  I use liquid dish soap and a green scrubby thing (I never know what those things are called but you know what I mean right?).  

I started out with a small Tubereuse candle a couple months ago.  Since then I have branched out and tried more scents.  I like that they do a lot of GWP sizes so I have been able to get some different scents in trades.  I wish I had a store/counter in the mall near me so I could smell them in person.

My favorite so far is Baies but Tubereuse is amazing too.  

Good tips!  Wanted to add that I recently found Goo Gone will remove any black residue left on a candle holder (not that you get a lot of that with Diptyque).

Oh that's a good idea! I just used one of those Mr. Clean sponges and that worked well. Now I'm ready to do something with the jar...

Oh I never tried Goo Gone on these but you're right Diptyque candles burn so cleanly that it's not really necessary.

I think I need to try dish soap and the scrubby thing. I was lazy and did not trim the wick so the jar has some black stuff on it. I might even Oxy clean it..This is the first one that I finished..

I love Tuberose ❤️

Im in!

1 Reply
testing