Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

I’ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I haven’t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, I’m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

Thanks @Titian06 I truly appreciate that. We all have different experiences obviously with products, ugh. I get it on the scent thing. Some of them are just a deal breaker. I can’t handle Kilian and I love the shades. 😕 Money will be better spent elsewhere for sure! I wish these were less! 

@Sunnysmom  Aw, too bad about the stickiness and lack of staying power. And the weird taste. You might've just saved me some money. 😂 Part of me still wants to test one, but not for $50 if it has all those issues. 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom  Same. Now I am reconsidering and that is good 🙂 I tend to buy lots of thing to "just try one" . All those "ones" add up!

So so true @ChristalM , they do! If you do see and try them please let me know your thoughts so I don’t think I’m crazy. 😣 @WinglessOne 

Well I don’t want to discourage you from trying just one @WinglessOne !😂 There are def still positives that I’m hoping will eventually outweigh the others. Hoping. Lol. The taste and stickiness isn’t terrible that’s for sure and the color is really pretty. I do think it’ll prob stay quite well but it did blend out /faded a bit. I didn’t apply too many coats bec I didn’t want to risk any stickier but l suppose we could. I’m hoping the taste calms down too. Maybe I should have some coffee. 🤣 Keep you posted. 😊

Oh she is here and she is a stunner!

Byredo.jpg

Congratulations, @ChristalM !  It looks gorgeous!  Enjoy!  💖💖💖

And here are some swatches. Sadly they are not very good and my camera is notByredo 1.jpgByredo 2.jpgByredo 3.jpg picking up the amazing shades differences 😞

@ChristalM - Thanks for swatching...so pretty!  I really like the green just above the silver. 😍💚

@ChristalM ooh I really like that silver, green, and pink! Thank you for the swatches. 

Wow 🤩 @ChristalM! Some standouts in there! You’ll have so much fun for sure! 

@ChristalM, she is absolutely gorgeous! 😍😍😍 Your pic of this beauty is the best I’ve seen! ♥️

You are going to have such fun putting together looks with these stunning shadows! Looking forward to hearing which is / are your favorites. 

Received the grey Fetes Noires palette - it’s deep and moody cool. The black glitter topper at least shows up vs the one in Boots in the Snow , tho this one is chunky. I’m just not good at using those so that will be unused I’m afraid, unless some of you guys can give me advice on how to use them! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 The other shades are very smooth . @LCResz @blackkitty2014 @itsfi @curlychiquita @Titian06 @Samtian @Ispend2much6 @ChristalM not sure who all may still be interested in these! 😊

BEE6FC97-E2BC-4D85-A4AA-25384BBDF827.jpeg

1DDA9656-F09A-4D70-891B-C8F588646153.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, I like the sound of "moody cool." The swatches look lovely - the neutral to cooler leaning tones here are great. They look like they might lean too deep / dark for me so I'll live vicariously through you. Thanks for the tag.

This reminds me of an OLD, OLD Lancome palette I got one year. It was a quad with 4 very deep dark shades - basically dark grey/black, dark plum/black, dark blue/black and one other. The only think I have ever used it for was liner with a wet brush. Seems like this is good for a smoky eye or liner, but not as easy for every day, it seems! @Sunnysmom Thanks for the swatches! 

That sounds fun tho @sister13 ! 💞

@Sunnysmom It's a really interesting palette but I'm not sure what I'd do with it, either. I really stink at doing a smokey eye, to be honest.  I own the TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette Double Indemnity palette and I absolutely love it, but I use it so much less than I should.

I know @curlychiquita I hear you. I love this TF one. I don’t use it enough but sometimes. I think like this new Byredo I will be using it with light layers on top on nights or days when I just want a crazy/ smoky / messy look with little finesse. 😳😂 Like when I want it to look like that slept in look I love and can seldom achieve! 🤣 @sister13 

@Sunnysmom thanks for the tag! Beautiful but those colours are not for me. I can't wait to see others looks with it though. I am sure it will be amazing for people with better skills than myself!

It’s def tricky @ChristalM and I’ll be watching for good ideas to temper it as well! It can be tho. I swatched it heavily too. 
@LCResz @Titian06 

@Sunnysmom Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what kind of looks you’ll make 🤩

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips with clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg
testing