Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

Here are swatches of the new sequin eye shadows. I am  super fair and only Golden Chocolate and Rose Gold  showed much color on my skin at all. From top down is Golden Chocolate, Silver Heather, Rose Gold, and Prosecco. They are extremely sparkly so I think they would work best as a topper for other shadows.

IMG_0460.JPG

I bought one of the sequin eyeshadows last year after new SAs tried to figure out how to apply it (it can be used wet or dry). The amount of sparkle irritated my eyes and glitter covered my face. I returned it. I can count on finding some of BB's holiday collection at the CCO, and last year's sequins were no exception.

Thanks for posting swatches and observations about BB's holiday collection..

can any of you give me insight to the difference between the bisque shades and the peach shades of the correctors ? 

i just watched this video and thought it was so so lovely. she has such a light hand. simple, light layers. i used to be a bobbi brown girl, years ago. i think i'll revisit some of this soon.

That's always my thought with respect to BB.  Light and simple layers.  We never go wrong when we go for the natural look.  Love the video!  Thanks @jemly I have a soft spot for BB.

welcome ! i know i for one can use the reminder of the virtue of a light hand now and again 🙂

@jemly Lately I've been into black and sparkles (thank you estee lauder).  So your timing is spot on.  A gentle hand can be a wise choice! 

Anyone know if the Bobbi Brown book of beauty will be available at sephora?  this looks perfect for the gym/travellingupload_1942603299734936410.jpg

Never mind just saw its a nordstroms exclusive...

Adorable though!

The 5 Piece party picks kit with the highlight in Opal Glow was $120 at The Bay and now I believe it's $100- so a price drop!

I cashed in my points at birchbox and got the BBU lip palette. I really like it but I find it doesn't apply as opaquely as I'm used to with traditional lipsticks. Anyway have experience with this or any tips on how to apply with a lip brush?

I have and really like it, partially because i like sheer application 😛 You could increase opacity by applying once, blotting, then applying another layer.

Hmmm blotting could be the step I'm missing!!! It's growing on me already. It lasts longer on my lips than I expected it to. 

Some more holiday pics:

Screenshot_2016-10-07-19-13-36-1.png

I love the look of basically everything in the second and third row lol.

I swatched the *Naked Brightening Brick at nordstrom today, it is so pretty! 😄 I hope sephora gets it.

OMG is this something I need? =O lol

I swatched Opal glow and the Naked Brightening Brick next to each other. And the Brightening Brick is much more pigmented, but not in a glittery way. I felt like Opal glow was much more glittery. 

I'm not sure I need it, but I definitely want it! 😛 I forgot to take a picture of the swatch. 😞

That's okay. I wanted to know what Opal glow looks like! If it's glittery glad I'm not really missing out on anything!

I bought the Wine Eye Palette from Nordstrom. It's definitely a pretty palette! Unfortunately, the two brown/red shades in the second row are very underwhelming. The rest perform nicely though. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it for that price tag...

A shame that some under-performed.  When BB does it right I love it.  But, there is some inconsistency in the brand.  I might avoid this one.  Thanks @sephorax3

1,409 Replies
testing