Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Purchased 2 new BB Crushed Lip Colors in Regal and Cherry...

Thanks so much @TraceyEB. I will prob exchange ruby for something else. Blackberry looks really pretty too and others. I do like the feel of them and I'll play around with them some more as far as layering or pencil under etc tho I loved the idea of just a great stain as I'm always on the search for better ones! They are tricky! The smell does diminish I agree so that's good. 2-3 passes definitely help too. BB luxe and other formulas feel so good and always has the vibrant colors I love too! I would say my lips are a paler pinky mauve prob ☺️ And I usually go for cooler tones. Wonder what Grenadine looks like. Do we know when sephora will release them online? Didn't see a date but I haven't looked in a few. Anyway thank u so much! 😘😘

@TraceyEB Will do! I have those as well so will try it.  I've been mixing them also and they do add a lovely layer I agree.  Definitely basically a stronger pigment for first layer then the Crushed lip. Cherry is my fav but I ordered a few more so will share soon combos and what works! 😘

Let us know how it turns out, @Sunnysmom. I layered a BB Art Stick underneath one of the shades and it was lovely - less extreme matte and moisturizing. Hope you find a nice stain from this line!

Wow @TraceyEB I bought these same 2 and yours seem so much more pigmented than mine! I'm bummed! Mine feel like a balm with a slight stain tho not this much! I also got Ruby which barely even shows up on me and my lips are very pale even! I feel like they are completely different products! Lol. What do you think of the smell and taste? Kind of strong compared to other BB stuff I thought. I'm interested to see other colors when they are released. They were a good deal tho! They look great on you! I love same shades! 

Hi @Sunnysmom, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a different experience with your lipsticks! Know that Bobbi Brown is offering free returns if they don't work out. Mine are definitely closer to a lipstick than a balm or stain. The scent seems similar to the Vitamin Enriched Face Base though less strong; like a fruity scent that is somewhat present on Regal and faint on Cherry. I don't smell anything once on the lips. The texture seems thicker to me after 2 passes on the lips...similar to BB's Rich Lip Color. More thoughts below.

Spoiler
I'm thinking the natural shade of our lips influences the shade/vibrancy of the lipsticks. My lips are a pinky-mauve. I'm better suited warm tones and vibrant shades than pale or nude shades. I inquired about which of the pre-sale shades suited warm tones, and Regal and Cherry were recommended. Today, as an experiment, I applied Charlotte Tilbury's PillowTalk lip liner all over my lips and then applied Regal. The result was an extremely matte and more vibrant rosy-red shade. It was very flattering though I found the thicker texture uncomfortable and later added a touch of lip gloss. I'm curious about what shades BB online or at the counter recommend. I would certainly not keep lipsticks that don't flatter you.

Thanks for sharing! These are more opaque than I thought. The marketing made it sound more like a stain/balm. 

Oh these are so pretty on you @TraceyEB.  I didnt see these until i spend all my monthly make up allowance on AmorePacific and Pat McGrath matte lipsticks 😉

Hi @blackkitty2014, I had no idea these were being released until I saw Trendmood post a deal that worked out to be about $21 US each (reg. $29 US). I thought the Charlotte Tilbury 12 eyeshadow palette was being released soon but it appears to be a September (?) release, so I grabbed these. I've not tried lipsticks from either PMG or AmorePacific.

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

So the shimmer bricks used to be $54 CAD (or well at least the older shades still are). The newer ones that are out are $59 (I think they have a bit more product?). Man are those prices ever going higher and higher!

I haven't tried the BB bricks but Makeup Revolution has a...

I haven't tried the BB bricks but Makeup Revolution has a dupe for a lot less.

Hi, I think we're seeing a combination of a low, lagging exchange rate and a slight price increase.Fingers crossed a strong Cdn dollar will be reflected in prices in time for Christmas.

@jesscheems Does the Sephora brand still have shimmer bricks?  I heard they were a suitable alternative, and much less expensive.

@greeneyedgirl107 Not sure. I mean do do own quite a few shimmer bricks but off course I was curious about the newest shades. I'll have to look into the Sephora ones if there are any!

Downtown Cool Fall 2017 Collection

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 8.26.11 AM.png

I'm so excited about those eyeliner duos. A full size one lasts me forever, and this way I can try two for (hopefully) the price of one!

Eep, WANT. Want so hard-- those cream eyeliner duos look absolutely stunning. The green/purple and green/grey are totally catching my eye. 

are those eyeliner duos? 😄

BUMP

FYI-Amex offers has $10 back on $50+ for purchases on the direct website. Expires 8/17/17

bump!

LIPTRIO code is still working!

1,409 Replies
testing