Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

This pic will not post. Odd. Trying it again. L to R- Crown Jewel, Burnt Red, Red Carpet. Note pilling at ends.L to R- Crown Jewel, Burnt Red, Red Carpet. Note pilling at ends.

Bummer about the pilling, @Sunnysmom.  They're nice colors.

I know @curlychiquita! I’m determined to figure it out! Operator error?! Lol. So pretty. 

@Sunnysmom  I see them now!  Thanks!

Here are my new BB Luxe Mattes. Jury’s still out for me on them. Colors and stains are very pretty but I am just having a tough time with the texture feel and they almost seem to ball up on me with some patchiness. I’m trying them with different balms or Bite primer etc and alone and just not sure if I’m sold. Red Carpet is very wearable neutral red on me, Burnt Cherry is my favorite as is deep red and then Crown Jewel is quite intense berry tho nice if just blotted on. So who knows. Will be good to hear others thoughts. Maybe I’m just not the best with these new matte lipsticks. I prefer a bit of creaminess or a semi- matte I think but colors are pretty. @TraceyEB @Ispend2much6

@Sunnysmom  I can't find your photos; I think they didn't post.  I can't wait to see them!

@Ispend2much6@TraceyEB So do yours not do the little pilling as you apply 2 coats? Just my lips?! They aren’t chapped or dry so I can’t figure it out. 

@Sunnysmomthank you so much for posting your swatches. All 3 shades are gorgeous! Mine arrive on Tuesday. I see the pilling in your photos and you mentioned patchiness. I watched an Insta live with BB Pro ashleys_edit yesterday and she mentioned that she had on a little lip balm but you don't want too much on due to the formula. She pressed what she had on into her lips and then applied the matte lipstick (Fever Pitch). She's doing another IG Live using the Cherry shade. I'd inquire via the online chat at BB direct to see what they might suggest (and in case other have experienced the same thing). @Ispend2much6, have you experienced pilling and/or patchiness?

@TraceyEB@Ispend2much6 Yes I will definitely contact them bec the shades are so pretty. I tried that too with a dot of balm and smooshing both it and the lip and then the lip on its own and smudging it also. Guess it’s gonna be a process! 🤣

@SunnysmomLet us know how it goes!! The shades look lovely!

@TraceyEB You know I will! I’m on the case! 🤣😎

@TraceyEB  The darkest shade I had, Burnt Cherry, felt much more dry than Pink Buff.  I applied them then smooshed them around with my finger, so I may not have experienced the patchiness others did.

@Ispend2much6That's good to know, thanks!!

@Sunnysmom  I still can't see your photos.  I wonder if it's my computer.  I didn't wear them long enough, probably, to experience pilling.  The longest I wore one was for 1 hour.  But, I did notice that there definitely was a texture difference between shades.  I think the darker, redder shades were more dry.

@Ispend2much6 That’s so weird I do see them this time ahead of this? No? Yes I feel like diff colors feel different especially Crown Jewel. It may have to go back. Do you like your Burnt Red?

@Sunnysmom  My Burnt Red was way too dark, and much warmer than your swatch shows on my skin.

@Ispend2much6 Oh no I’m sorry. My arm is probably different too who knows. It just looks like good deep red on me tho not too warm toned which is interesting. Not always the case. 

@Ispend2much6 Thank u! Hmm weird. Will do again here. It did seem strange after I attached them but said it worked. So thanks! 😘

Bobbi Brown Thread

Any Conway gave a sneak peek at a new product - Luxe Liquid Lipstick - on her IG Live today. Swatches (from her video) top to bottom: Luxe Liquid Lipstick in shade Camisole, and Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink Matte Luxe lipstick.

(top to bottom) Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Camisole, and Matte Luxe Lipsticks in Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink(top to bottom) Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Camisole, and Matte Luxe Lipsticks in Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink

So excited for liquid lips from BB. It also looks like Selfridges launches the Camo collection next week. I feel like I should just start mailing my paychecks to Bobbi Brown so many great launches coming.  

@TraceyEB  Her Boss Pink looks like my Razzberry!

1,409 Replies
testing