Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

That looks like a perfect shade @TraceyEB , love it! 

Coming Soon: Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in the shade Pretty Powerful.

IMG_20220307_112643.jpg

Coming soon - Bobbi Brown Glow and Blossom Collection Spring 2022, includes Petal Wash Eyeshadow Palette, Extra Lip Tints in Bare Rose and Bare Bloom, and Soothing Cleansing Oil in specialty packaging. Available at Look Fantastic US.

Screenshot_20220131-123041.pngPetal Wash Eyeshadow PalettePetal Wash Eyeshadow PaletteScreenshot_20220209-110440.pngScreenshot_20220209-110415.png

New - Skin Corrector and Concealer Sticks. Bobbi Brown brings back their concealer in stick form and introduces a stick form of their corrector (my HG). Available now at Sephora online and in-store Feb 11.  Sephora also stocking BB's reformulated Intensive Skin Foundation, new packaging includes a pump (thank goodness).

Screenshot_20220124-111254.pngScreenshot_20220118-105302.png

Screenshot_20220127-133756.pngScreenshot_20220116-120526.png

Bobbi Brown Skin Color Corrector & Brightening Concealer Stick 

@TraceyEB  I am so tempted to try these, though I wonder how they would work for the under eye area?

@PrettyPaint, they will work beautifully under the eye and are designed for that use. I've used BB correctors and concealers for a very long time in cream and liquid formations and they're high quality core complexion products for the brand. BB National Artist @micheleshakeshaft_artistry has tutorials/demos posted on her IG page, which can give you a feel for the formula and how they look when applied.

Perfect! Thank you so much @TraceyEB 

The stick form of concealer is so much better. I just bought one of old formulation off of Poshmark.

Has anyone tried her Jones Road products. I perused them and their are some interesting products. Like that they are cleaner formulations 

I have some Jones Road @melanito @TraceyEB and Tracey is right, feel like some are hit or miss. Love the blush, lip and cheek stick, eyeliner and certain shadows, balms are hit or miss to me and not that special. Some swatches on hauls, or if you need please reach out and I’m happy to repost. 💞

@melanito, it's great to hear that you like the new stick concealer formula - it's supposed to be more emollient like BB's foundation stick, which is so easy to wear. I'll be trying the corrector stick soon. I've not tried Jones Road but I think @Sunnysmom has. Some early products had a lukewarm reception and some resembled products that weren't my favourites when BB was with the brand. Let us know if you try anything!

oooh i love a good color corrector @TraceyEB I have the chanel one on my list but this looks interesting too. 

@Kim888, the only other corrector I've tried is Charlotte Tilbury and it wasn't the right shade. Have tried concealers across multiple brands but BB has the HG corrector for me (in cream and liquid forms) and I need corrector baaadddly!  

@TraceyEB I actually have really been liking the new Nars one, but that's a more liquid formula. I do like the CT one, but I usually use it when I'm doing a full face. The Nars one is better for being lazy haha 

@Kim888, I'll take a look at the Nars corrector when I'm in Sephora next. I'm all for being lazy these days!! 😂

New product alert! Launched in Japan and the UK, Crushed Creamy Color for Cheek and Lip. I love the glass-like effect these appear to give to the cheek. Launch includes new Crushed Lipstick shades in Sweet Coral (43), Supernova (44), and Parisian Red (45).

Screenshot_20220117-113227.pngScreenshot_20220125-004816.pngScreenshot_20220125-035307.pngIMG_20220124_015119.jpgIMG_20220124_015235.jpg

Screenshot_20220126-134537.pngScreenshot_20220118-104621.png

These look subtle and pretty @TraceyEB ! 

BB FF Sale.png

Ends on 1/28/2022 at 11:59 pm PT

My Luxe Foil Eyeshadows arrived today from the Claret Collection. All 3 shades are very pigmented; the formula is cream-to-powder, foil-like, and contains sparkles. I applied Opalescent with fingers and in the sunlight, shimmers were highly noticeable with fall out but I applied it haphazardly not realizing the extent of the sparkles. I applied Sun Dip with a brush (BB Touchup Brush) and it seems to increase the pigmentation while keeping the shimmers in place. I prefer them worn on their own and find that they aren't as foil-like when worn over a base shade. Still experimenting but wanted to share as BB is having a 25% off sale. They do not appear to be limited edition and are in regular packaging. See spoiler box for how they look on the eyes.

IMG_20220123_135727.jpg

Spoiler
Sun Dip applied with a brush,showing sparkle in the formula; Claret lipstickSun Dip applied with a brush,showing sparkle in the formula; Claret lipstickGilded Rose (left) and Opalescent (right), applied with fingers; Claret lipstickGilded Rose (left) and Opalescent (right), applied with fingers; Claret lipstick

You can access the Bobbi Brown Lunar New Year Collection now by typing Lunar New Year into the search bar on BB direct. Use Promo Code SARA15 for 15% off. I expect a lot of interest in the Luxe Eyeshadows.

BB LNY1.pngBB LNY2.png

It’s all so appealing @TraceyEB , and yes to the shadows! 

@Sunnysmom, I ordered three Luxe shadows (I own the fourth called Sun Flare). Really excited to try Opalescent, a pale gold champagne. I own the lipstick in the collection - it's a repromote but one of my favorites, so might pick it up in the special packaging, and maybe the Soothing Cleansing Oil.

10 Replies
testing