Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

itchy scalp

I am so frustrated! can anyone help me find a good hair product that treats and soothes an itchy scalp as well as being good for bleached, colored, and dry hair?  I am thinking that the briogeo green juice shampoo and conditioner might be good... I was also wondering if there is a good dry shampoo that also does not irritate sensitive scalps... most seem to make my itching worse!

Re: itchy scalp

Hi Bella, for an irritated scalp we recommend KéRASTASE - Specifique Shampoo for Sensitive Scalp to cleanse and soothe the scalp to reduce itchiness. 

RE: itchy scalp

Your scalp needs care too just like face and body. You probably need moisture. You might try a hair mask once a week and leave in as long as possible. Also pure organic cold pressed coconut oil is fantastic for scalp and hair and you might try a hair/scalp scrub once a month to encourage cell removal. Just search “scalp scrub" in the home page. Lots of options. 👍

@BellaRose615 You may want to try rubbing an oil (like for you hair or for your body, they're basically the same thing) into your scalp. I just get a super thin layer rubbed onto my hands and then massage it into my scalp when it gets super dry- bonus points if it smells super good 😊. The one dry shampoo I used and liked was R+Co's dry shampoo paste- it was easy to control where I put it since it wasn't a spray, it kept my hair "dry" and separated without dirupting my skin, it didn't leave a super noticeable cast,  and it was usable without disrupting my curl pattern (Huuuugely important for me). If you have straight hair/aren't overly concerned with some special styling there may be better options though

The Briogeo superfoods shampoo/conditioner are the only daily products that don't irritate my very sensitive scalp! I'm allergic/sensitive to all sulfate products. They aren't super moisturizing, though. I also use shea moisture masks at least once a day.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing