Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

help!!!

I have weird hair. It's a weird shade of brownish goldish, and it's thin and naturally wavy. After showering it is wavy, but the next day it's straight and poofy. If I brush it, five minutes later it is clumpy and frizzy and knotted and gross. It lacks volume and shine and has too much frizz and is a WALKING TALKING DISASTER. I don't use heat on my hair. After showering and air drying it looks really good but after brushing/the day after it looks really gross.

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do with my hair? And can someone recommend a good shampoo, a good conditioner, and a good hair mask/treatment for me? 

Re: help!!!

@natalia36912 It sounds like you might have 2a hair, like mine. You could check online for articles about how to find your hair type, and then look for information on care and styling specific to your hair type. You might want to also look for articles on the best hair cuts/styles for your hair type.

Products I use for my 2a hair include:

Lightweight oil: Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL , Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil for Fine Hair , or OUAI Mini Hair Oil 0.45 oz/ 13 mL .

Lightweight leave-in: Bumble and bumble Save the Day Daytime Protective Repair Fluid 3.2 oz/ 95 mL .

Lightweight styler: Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It Fine Hair Air Dry Styler .

OMG TY SO MUCH!!! you have no idea how much this helps me. ty so much 😭 🤗

Hi! I recommend sleeping with a silk bonnet for sure. Such a dramatic change overnight makes me wonder if it’s due to sleeping habits.

It also sounds like your hair is also loosing hydration from one day to the next. Def get some sort of leave in product to use after the shower like Ouai spray or JVN air dry cream or JVN instant recovery serum. You can also use these products to restore hydration to your hair in between washes. Maybe later you can consider using a hair oil (ENDS of hair ONLY). Just be careful and DO NOT use a heavy hand, since your hair is thin you don’t want to use too much product and weigh your hair down.

This might not be great advice but personally I find my hair does better when I don’t brush it the next day. Sometimes I just run my fingers through it to gently detangle and preserve the waves in my hair. Or I’ll brush it, use previously mentioned products, gather hair to the front and ‘swirl’ the hair in a pony tail to restore the waves. Idk if that makes sense lol. I just play with my hair and twist and twirl it. 

You could also use a little bit of dry shampoo at the roots to bring back volume. 

For shampoos/conditioners I’ve really liked bondi boost and JVN. You just have to be patient, try different techniques and find what works for you.

good luck! 

wow! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! this is so useful

@NadiaDenisse This is great advice!

@natalia36912 I have fine , straight hair so we have different hair issues.  I recommend you speak with your hair stylist, they should be able to help you.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing