Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

What’s the best purple shampoo out there?

Hey guys! I recently bleached my hair from a level 4 to a 10, so it’s a little damaged and I need to find a good purple shampoo and conditioner to tone down the brassiness in between toning sessions. Let me know what you guys use! 😊

Re: What’s the best purple shampoo out there?

@alexloranger I've been using a shampoo by Matrix called Total Results Brass Off and it is incredible. Prior to that, I'd used the purple shampoos by Drybar and Amika. Neither of them were nearly as effective as the Matrix shampoo. It also cleans my hair really well and doesn't leave my hair feeling dry whatsoever, which seems to be a common theme with most purple shampoos. It also isn't as expensive (I think a litre bottle costs about $23 in Canada). 

@alexloranger I highly recommend the AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo. I have found it works amazing! 

Best,

Rebecca

you should try out our purple shampoo and conditioner~

AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo

AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Conditioner

I personally love Purology’s Perfect 4 Platinum line. It is a bit pricey and hard to find, but I find in beauty supply stores and stock up on it when I can. Sephora carries a purple conditioner/mask from Christophe Robin, which REALLY works for toning..

https://m.sephora.com/product/shade-variation-care-nutritive-mask-with-temporary-coloring-baby-blond...

In fact, it works so well that it turned my hi lights blue when I left it on for longer than the recommended time 😄

I really like Unite Blonda shampoo and it smells like grapes. I've heard wonderful things about Fanola No Yellow, too!

@alexloranger,

I have tried so many of them! One of my favorites is the Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo. It looks like I toned my hair after I use it and I find that it is not too drying.

https://www.sephora.com/product/bust-your-brass-cool-blonde-shampoo-P419705?skuId=2034965&keyword=am...

I have also heard good things about the Together Beauty Purple Reign Shampoo.

https://www.sephora.com/product/together-beauty-purple-reign-shampoo-P446878?icid2=products%20grid:p...

❤️ Melissa

Hey there @alexloranger !

I have blonde highlights and I like to tone down the brassiness with purple shampoo and conditioner once a week. I am currently using Fanola purple shampoo and Evo Fabuloso purple conditioner. Both can be found on Amazon for reasonable prices and work great at keeping the brassiness away for a week. The shampoo is very potent so fair warning that if you leave it on for more than 5 minutes or so (that's the longest I've done), it can leave your hair with some purple tints and it also stains your body/face if you don't wash them afterwards. I suggest you check them out and give them a try.

fanola.jpgevo.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • fanola.jpg
  • evo.jpg
testing