Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Weird buildup that look like dust

CA018AC2-78AD-4A98-9728-CF07BBF04F56.jpeg

FF7D5741-1E55-4836-9E37-68FA7AFD7B71.jpeg

A994435B-DAE7-4F2C-B6DF-9BCCE7EBDE4D.jpeg

7FF7188B-9844-4E7D-BCC6-2F2E3B796199.jpeg

Soooooo... I really need help from people in the beauty community to help investigate when the f my brushes always end up like this, all the time, and why this buildup is all in my brushes. I LITERALLY JUST BOUGHT this brush shown in the brush like 20 minutes before I took them. I washed my hair today, shampoo, conditioner, used microfiber towel, and used two leave in products. I brushed my hair with a different brush earlier but bought this to brush it and this what was on the brush after. I do not wash my hair every day, I wash my hair like every 4 or so days. Idk what this build up is but I keep replacing my brushes because it’s gross to clean these brushes and they always in my bristles!!! I tried quality danderuff shampoo and a product to help but it really didn’t do anything. Does this happen to anyone else????????

Re: Weird buildup that look like dust

Hair is made up of dead skin cells and dead skin cells make dust that’s just the dust that your scalp and hair has shed you’re completely fine !!❤️

Mine does the same thing! Drives me nuts. It only happens to my wet brushes. I’ve bought two already and both the same. I’m now switching brands.

Ik this comment is old but its not the companies fault!!!!!! its probably from a hot something idk what it is but in the winter your vents when they push out hot air their also pushing out lint and when that lint gets in the air it  may settle on your brush. so its not the company's fault so don't change companys

oh wow! I am on the same boat! It only happens to my wet brush and the paddle brush the other ones are good. At first I thought that it was dust build up because I kept my brushes close to the window. So I placed all brushes in a box - but the same thing kept happening. I wash my hair every other day, have no dandruff or dry scalp, and only use a light heat protectant cream. 

@Anonymous It’s happens to everyone in my family’s brushes. I just clean out the bristles with soap and water and it’s good as new. 

RE: Weird buildup that look like dust

I’m guessing because you wash your hair every 4 days you’re seeing product buildup from possibly overdoing treatments (1 is usually enough depending what you’re using every 2-3 weeks. Or you’re simply not getting all of the product out of your hair!!! Make sure all product is out of your hair. When you takeoff the microfibre towel is it smooth or knotted? It should be a little knotted if you removed most product!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos4
  • CA018AC2-78AD-4A98-9728-CF07BBF04F56.jpeg
  • FF7D5741-1E55-4836-9E37-68FA7AFD7B71.jpeg
  • A994435B-DAE7-4F2C-B6DF-9BCCE7EBDE4D.jpeg
  • 7FF7188B-9844-4E7D-BCC6-2F2E3B796199.jpeg
testing