Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo

So my scalp is very dry and I have bad dandruff, and I'm using a tea tree oil shampoo and it's not working very well do you guys have any recommendations?

Tags:

Re: Shampoo

image.jpg

Girl, you need to try this cream for your scalp. You probably have seborrhecic dermatitis! I have it too.

GIRL, I know this may sound crazy but head and shoulders clears my dandruff up in one week. First I go in with head a shoulders and scalp massage if and then I go in with my normal shampoo and conditioner. 

Spoiler

@WinglessOne , thanks for the recommendation I have tried many different types of shampoos I hadn't thought to ask a doctor, but I think I might. I'm not sure if it really is a condition or something else and I'm excited to try the shampoos that you recommended. Thank you so much.😀

@Yogirljaycie  Are you able to see a dermatologist about your scalp? You might have a scalp condition that’s not actually dandruff. A doctor (a derm or maybe a primary care doc) can diagnose that and help you find treatment options tailored to your particular skin’s needs. 

Meanwhile, assuming it’s dandruff: have you already tried other dandruff shampoos? Nizoral is a popular option that works well, though it has an obnoxiously strong fragrance. Whenever I have to use Nizoral on my scalp, I follow with a second wash using my usual shampoo (a Redken moisturizing shampoo) because Nizoral beats my coils up. 

Another good option is any shampoo that contains pyrithione zinc. My favorite is Vanicream Dandruff Shampoo: it doesn’t lather, but it’s also not fragranced and it’s gentler on my hair than Nizoral. 

To help my dry scalp, I use The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + Hyaluronic Acid Scalp Serum 60ml a few times a week. It soothes my scalp irritation and seems to contain enough squalane (a very good moisturizing ingredient) to keep excessive dryness at bay. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing