Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex or Kerastase?

Guys, please help me to decide, Kerastase or Olaplex? 
#kerastase #olaplex

Re: Olaplex or Kerastase?

Personally I don’t like either for shampoo/conditioner but I did use Olaplex no. 0 and 3 for years (in addition to salon treatment when I got my haircut) with excellent results. I still use the no. 9 serum and no. 7 hair oil from them today. 

Kerastase seems more well-liked if you are able to find the right line for your hair. I think their products are just so over-scented and was not able to find a line that I absolutely loved for the price. They all do see to be high quality and feel more luxurious than Olaplex, though. 

Ultimately I think different products work for different people, so you should maybe try them both out for a month or so and see what works best for you!

I've tried both brands and personally I like Kerastase more for my hair. 

I have used both. My hair is super thick and I love them both. Karastase gets the edge for moisturizing and overall impact. I use the hair masque once a week. It is not awesome for maintaining curls if you have them, but your hair will love the moisture. I never had issues with Olaplex and love the smell, I just love trying new things and it's out of my rotation right now. What do you think you will go with?

@Pritilika It really depends on your hair's needs. I tried Olaplex 3, 4, and 5 back when my hair was highlighted. I didn't see a benefit, but that might have been because my hair was not particularly damaged. I probably buy Kerastase more than any other brand. I like that they have many product lines to choose from so that you can tailor the regimen for your hair needs as they change.  The products I have used have performed as advertised.

Hi @Pritilika - personally I'd go with Kerastase. I've only heard good things about it, whereas Olaplex has gotten some bad press lately. In fairness, I don't know whether or not the bad press is justified. But Kerastase has a good reputation all around, IMHO.

Hope this helps!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing