Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex no. 3

I have been using Olaplex no 3 once a week for about 3 weeks now and love it. My question is I am getting ready to color my hair at home and wanting to know should I used the Olaplex before or after hair color?? 

If it is after, do I need to shampoo my hair before I put the Olaplex in? 

Tags:

Re: Olaplex no. 3

Olaplex couldn’t have said it better!!

Re: Olaplex no. 3

Hello!

Thank you so much for using Olaplex! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your results! 

You can use Olaplex before and/or after your color

Depending on the condition of your hair, you may want to do a treatment prior to your color to strength and prepare your hair. 
The more healthy bonds you have, the more color can adhere to which results in longer lasting, shiner color. 
If you feel your hair is healthy, you can use No. 3 after you've done your at home coloring to repair the bonds broken during processing. 
You can do both before and after if you choose, Olaplex can not be overused. 

Shampooing prior to your Olaplex treatments is always a good idea to ensure there is no barrier that can prevent Olaplex from penetrating to its best ability. Just towel dry and you're good to go! 

Let us know if you have any further questions! 
We'd love to see the final results! 

RE: Olaplex no. 3

You might want to ask Olaplex directly. They have a chat feature on their website where you can talk to one of their support people. Personally I would think that you would use it after you color since their other products, No. 1 and 2, are designed to be used during the coloring process.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing