Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Is it bad for your hair to wash it everyday day?

I have super oily hair so I’ve found that taking a shower each day helps with that. But, after reading some things, I’ve read that it’s HORRIBLE for your hair. Is it true?? I can’t go more then 24 hours without washing my hair! My hair even looks super greasy in LESS then 24 hours! Help!

Re: Is it bad for your hair to wash it everyday day?

If you’re using products that agree with your hair and scalp then I think washing every day is fine. You can take the occasional day off if you find yourself at home and don’t mind an off hair day,  but otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it too much. 

Try using Briogeo’s Mango Cherry Shampoo and conditioner, its helped my daughter go from every day washing to every 3 days. 

I would say it’s fine to wash your hair everyday, if you’re worried about drying out your scalp you could alternate between a sulfate shampoo and a sulfate free shampoo (a very good cleansing agent that is technically a sulfate but isn’t really considered one and is in fact in a lot of sulfate free shampoos is Sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate. 

I would advise against trying to “train” your scalp by going very long without washing because what can happen is that healthy hair follicles can get clogged by build up which can actually hinder potential growth

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing