Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Greasy hair

Hello! I currently have dyed blonde hair, which is decently healthy but somewhat dry and damaged at the ends. I thought I could try the Briogeo intense repair shampoo and conditioner. I love the way it makes my hair feel right after but only an hour or 2 after washing, my scalp is just so greasy. i’m thinking of trying the briogeo scalp scrub. any suggestions or tips for greasy scalp? I don’t think i want to switch brands for shampoo and conditioner but i need a solution Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Repair Solutions Set Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 32 oz/ 936 mL 

Re: Greasy hair

@valerieeb 

You know how we multi mask our faces because sometimes we have an

oily-zone but dry cheeks? Your scalp/ hair are very similar. You want to use a scalp balancing shampoo then continue with the conditioner (on mid-lengths and ends only) that is working for you. Oribe Serene Scalp Balancing Shampoo Kérastase Specifique Divalent Balancing Shampoo for Oily Scalp & Hair 

As far as dry shampoo, the best I’ve used is amika Mini Perk Up Plus Extended Clean Dry Shampoo 1.8 oz / 68 mL do not wait until your hair is oily, spray it day 1 to prevent it from getting oily. 

@valerieeb  Are you applying the conditioner on your roots? If so, I would avoid doing that and focus only on mid shaft to ends. My hair gets oily quick too and I do a scalp scrub every once in a while (maybe once or twice a month) but not sure it helps really. I do it just to "detox" my scalp and I love how the Briogeo scalp scrub makes my scalp feel afterwards. I am also a huge fan of dry shampoo on second and third day hair. Let me know if you want some dry shampoo recommendations so I can drop them down below 🙂

I only put the conditioner on my ends. I’ve tried the moroccanoil oily scalp treatment and it actually helped a lot, i can go 3-4 days without oiliness when before i would get oily right after washing my hair. if you have a recommendation for dry shampoo that would be great!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing