Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Defined curls

Hello! I am looking for some recommendations on hair care for my 2C hair! I’m currently working on getting my hair back to a healthy state and it’s working and my curls are coming back! However for some reason the top half of my hair(2B)  doesn’t seem to want to curl as much as the healthier underneath. Any recommendations on curl products and how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Tags:

Re: Defined curls

CurlSmith has been a favorite brand for years. For your curl pattern I would recommend the Curlsmith Weightless Air Dry Curly Hair Cream and Curlsmith Hydro Style Flexi Hair Jelly  The blue label products tend to be lighter than the orange label. They also just came out with the green label line that is frizz control. I’m not sure if it is available at Sephora, but it is at Ulta and CurlSmith.com. 

Re: Defined curls

I don’t feel that any specific product helps to define curls @Hailey824 . I realize how frustrating this is but I feel that technique is more important than product. I can get more specific if you like but I highly recommend watching some videos by either Swavy Wavy Courtney and Manes by Mel. Above all try not to touch your hair while wet. I feel that it interferes with the curl pattern. Every once in awhile I like just air drying my hair especially when I know I am remaining at home.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing