Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

For the month of December I wanted a Challenge that would test my abilities and get me to try new styles and products. There are already a few different makeup challenges going on right now, and I’m in the habit of throwing my hair into a messy bun, so I thought a hair challenge would be perfect! We’ll start on December 3, 2017 and end on January 1, 2018. Share your selfies, styles, and products that you love to help create these looks! Most importantly, have fun with them babes, don’t be afraid to give it your own touch and style! Dec 3- Straight and Sleek / Dec 4- Big Winter Waves (Coming for ya Monday!)  / Dec 5- French Braid /Dec 6- Bedhead Waves (Who can utilize those French Braid Waves?!) / Dec 7- Half up bun / Dec 8- Waterfall Side braid / Dec 9- Ponytail (how can you personalize it?!) / Dec 10-Boxer Braids / Dec 11- Natural Hair (show us what you’ve got!) / Dec 12- Tousled Waves (let’s see some texture!) / Dec 13- Twist it to the side / Dec 14- Low Knot / Dec 15- Chignon Chic / Dec 16- Crown Braid(show us your crowns Queens!) / Dec 17- The Inevitable messy bun / Dec 18- Mai Tai Messy Beachy Hair / Dec 19- Princess Leia Inspired Buns /(where’s myStar Wars Fans?) / Dec 20- Fishtail Braid / Dec 21- Half Up Dutch Braid/ Dec 22- Old Hollywood glamour / Dec 23- Braided Pony / Dec 24 - French Twist (This will keep your hair out of the way for your Holiday Meal prep!) / Dec 25- Curls for Christmas / Dec 26- Tucked Braid (Get ready for those Boxing Day Sales) / Dec 27- Pinned Braided Bun / Dec 28- Gilded Bun / Dec 29- Milkmaid Braid / Dec 30- Twisted Low Bun / Dec 31- Big Sexy Bouffant (Happy New Year!) / Jan 1- Tight Too Knot / I hope you all love thischallenge as much as I do! My hope is that we’ll all uncover some hidden hair talent and find some new styles to use regularly. Cheers!

Tags:

Re: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

fullsizeoutput_63.jpegfullsizeoutput_64.jpeg

The waterfall braid was really fun to try.

@genieintheseaBeautiful hair!

@yankeefaithful thanks 🙂 This was such a fun style to play with, although it was hard to find lighting where the waterfall part of the braid was visible. I think it's a style that looks more striking on people who have added in highlights or lowlights so the pattern is more apparent.

RE: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

I love this style because I can twist and pin it up, dry and flat iron the bottom layer and I’m good to go! It keeps my hair out of my face but still looks cute

Re: RE: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

@bakeamuffin Your hair looks so pretty and healthy in all of your pics! How do you prevent it from getting damaged with heat styling?

It was getting really bad after I had it bleached blonde for a year so I went into hydration mode haha I got really healthy cut, and splurged on Alterna Moisture shampoo and conditioner, as well as the CC cream. I noticed the difference after the first use, it just makes it incredibly hydrated and smooth, less tangled, more shine, easier to manage, less breakage, etc. Since Alterna is pretty expensive, $67 CAD, I maintain my moisture using Verb Hydrating shampoo and conditioner because it’s more affordable (I got a set for $42) and it works almost as well as Alterna. I love the Ghost styling products by Verb too, especially the ghost oil! Also, always use a heat protector, the Ghost oil works or the Hot Toddy by drybar 🙂 

fullsizeoutput_61.jpeg

Now I remember why I never style my hair like this. It looks super easy to do, and then it takes me six tries to secure the bun so it doesn't flop to one side of my head.

RE: Re: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

It can be tricky trying to secure the bobby pins! Your hair looks so sweet like this though!!

Re: RE: Re: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

I think half my problem was I didn't have enough bobby pins. I buy bobby pins, and then three months later I wonder how I managed to lose, break, misplace, accidentally feed to the bobby pin monster 48 of the 50 pins. 

https://youtu.be/2Z5QGQRR9_o here’s a quick and easy tutorial for the half up top knot look for Thursday ❤️xo

fullsizeoutput_5b.jpeg
I combed out the worst of the tangles and just let my hair do its thing.

RE: Re: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

@genieinthesea you are gorgeous! I love the natural wave your hair got!! 😍😍

@bakeamuffin Thanks 🙂 It's so much easier to do low maintenance styles now that it's winter and there's less humidity making it a lot simpler to work with my waves. 

Do you live near the ocean? Humidity is such an issue for hair haha! We travelled to the east coast a couple of times and the wind and humidity were so different than western Canada, my hair was crazy! 

Yep, I live right on the coast and my hair goes a little crazy in the summer. When I used to live in Montana my hair was really manageable all year round with the dry mountain air so I had to go through a few bad hair years before I figured out how to deal with the humidity.

I didn’t wash my hair this morning, we’re going with Bedhead Waves for Second day Hair. I love the textured messy curls I get from the left over Braid Waves, I just touch up some pieces by curling with my flat iron

Such a pretty look! Your hair is gorgeous but I have to comment on how flawless your skin looks. Lovely!

RE: Re: RE: 30 DAY HAIR CHALLENGE

Awe thanks @yankeefaithful ❤️ I’ve been using Dr. Jart+ skincare religiously to clear up acne and uneven skin tone andnits really been helping to create a smooth canvas for my makeup ❤️

I forgot to post my French Braid picture yesterday ☺️

fullsizeoutput_59.jpeg

This is such a fun idea for a challenge! I wanted to participate even though I seem to have trouble taking photos of the back of my head, so here's a pic of my messy French braid.

Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 73 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos10
  • fullsizeoutput_59.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_5b.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_61.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_63.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_64.jpeg
testing