cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 Thank you! I used about a teaspoon of tumeric for the yellow effect 💛

A tale of two salads ... 🥗

Spinach, grilled bacon with Trader Joe's Bruschetta Sauce for dressingSpinach, grilled bacon with Trader Joe's Bruschetta Sauce for dressing

Spinach, strawberries, blueberries, chopped walnuts & chicken. I dressed it with a homemade balsamic vinaigretteSpinach, strawberries, blueberries, chopped walnuts & chicken. I dressed it with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Trying to eat more healthy since coming back from New York. The operative word here is "trying". 🤣 Baby steps, every little bit helps.

@itsfi ,

These salads look so good!   You are doing s great job!

Thank you @tsavorite! As much fun as it was to go out to eat, I do like having some meals in so it’s nice to be able to do that. I tried to get in some more veggies on Day 1 but wouldn’t you know it, the restaurant was out of the particular dish I had my eye on. 😆 Appreciate the support and encouragement; appreciate you always! 🤗 

You too, @itsfi , you too!  😊

Your salads at home look better than restaurant salads!  They are really pretty!

Oh goodness, that’s so kind of you to say @tsavorite! I’m keeping the salads quick and easy; it’s at to have fresh fruits & veggies.

That berry salad looks so sweet and delicious @itsfi

Thank you @JoSometimes! I've been making fruit or fruit-and-veggie smoothies for breakfast so I have extra berries just looking to be incorporated into a meal. 

@itsfi These salads look absolutely delicious amd fresh. Thank you for the reminder I need to buy greens when I go grocery shopping. I like the addition of fruits and protein in your salads. Using bruschetta is such a smart idea for dressing.

Thank you @Mellmars1185! my favorite quick-and-easy salad is spinach, bruschetta sauce and hummus for my dressing, and whatever protein I have around, usually a roast or rotisserie chicken.

@itsfi those look beyond yummy 

Awww, thank you @CorgiMommy! I need to find a dressing to go with the chicken and berries salad, or maybe I need to tweak my dressing recipe a bit more. Hmmm... 🤔 Gonna have to think through that one. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Ooh these looks good and I bet they’re yummy as well @itsfi 

Thank you @blackkitty2014! I do love salads; just have to find ways to make them extra yummy and find different combinations to keep it interesting. 😁 

Beautiful green and delicious! @itsfi 

😋Sure, it's not pizza. But they both look tasty and fresh. 💚

@CynthieLu, I think I had more pizza while I was in New York than I usually have in a year! Don't get me wrong, I love pizza; I just don't have it often. 🍕

I think when your in that City it's expected, much like bagels. You couldn't have not had pizza @itsfi lol 

100% agree @CynthieLu! I realized I was super hungry every time I had pizza when I was in New York. 😆 🍕 I devoured it each time. 😋 

Gonna have to tag @Samtian to post her pizza pic from NY in reply to the original post / thread(OP). Sorry I folded mine before you could get a shot. 😬 

@itsfi It was huge!!

@itsfi Yes!  Allll the salads this week.  Never mad at a salad that includes berries!!

I hear ya @missjeanie! It's going to be salads and mostly clean meals for this month. Notice the "mostly clean" qualifier. 😅 

10,829 Replies
testing