Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Ooo, tell us what all you added in! That looks yummy! We love to share recipes here too!

Highlighted

Thanks lylysa. We eat lower carb so this was bagged PowerGreens, chopped roast beef tossed with fig balsamic vinaigrette and scallions, and baby bella mushrooms topped off with mozzarella shreds and sprinkled with a smoked paprika/hot pepper blend. I try to keep a few staple ready-to-go ingredients so when we hit the house starving, all I have to do is mix up the dressing and let it stand while I chop the meat and mushrooms and compose the salad. It saves us so much $$ and bad eating from temptation to stop on the way home if I know I'm always ~10 minutes from serving this up.

Yum! And I'm sure you can do so many variations with different meat or spices to top it off!

I used to be HORRIBLE with veggies, but I'm better now. I started making cucumber salads like the ones at sushi restaurants during dinner or for a light snack so I get a fresh veggie kick but also don't fill up on anything too heavy, especially if it's served with a whole meal.

It's super easy to make and if you have a slicer it cuts time even more to have a stash of thin slices in the fridge where you just top off with rice vinegar (I mix in a bit of sugar and warm water so the RV isn't as sharp) then add crab meat and sesame seeds!

For lunch today I'm having enchiladas, spanish rice, veggie refried beans, and a large strawberry lemonade. Yum!

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Strawberry lemonade sounds PERFECT for this weather! Oye!!! You should make a frozen slush version!

@lylysa it's funny you should say that because I was JUST thinking about how nice it would be in a slush formation. Haha. I really want one of those slushy magic cups.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Ohhh those are fun! I had one ages ago, it took a while to start the slush creation but once it did....ohhhhh watch out and gimme a spoon! Smiley Very Happy

Breakfast for me today:

I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight home from a business trip.  To not feel so guilty, I also bought a banana Smiley Happy

LOL! Banana = guilt balancer, what flavors are those???? Gah, I miss Coldstone! They don't exist anymore in my area, it's only Marble Slab. There is one location that I just refuse to go into, I'm warning you right now....it's a gross/sad story....

I walk into MS with my friends and order Rocky Road (the girl has to make it since they don't have the flavor as is...simple, nuts, marshmallows, chocolate ice cream, right? WRONG! I see her grab vanilla and the RR mix-ins and think "No way can that be mine, I ordered ROCKY ROAD....must be for someone who was in line ahead of me who happened to want vanilla with those toppings!" She's mixing away and suddenly looks up with this glazed over look on her face and in a monotone, flat voice asks, "Oh.....wait.....you said ROCKY ROAD....right?"

*face palm* Did vanilla and RR mix-ins get called SMOOTH road and she thought I must have stated the wrong thing? Anywho, she scrapes off the vanilla and starts again, but over mixes and by the time she hands me my cup the ice cream is leveled into it. I mean, FLAT and flush on the top and it's melting like crazy. Ick.

On top of that, as I was leaving I saw the guy who was making waffle cones had several holes in his gloves at the finger tips so he's touching all of them essentially with bare skin......blegh!

@lylysa --- it's mint chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream!  YUMMMMMmmmmmmmehhhhhhhh!  

That's terrible about Marble Slab, ewwww!  Yeah places that do mix-ins always seem to mush the ice cream into the cup, I meant it's half melted already by the time it gets to you!

That looks amazing!

I was actually trying to think of strange foods. Probably the strangest I can think of are mountain oysters.......Whoever came up with that dish was probably high.

Ugh! I have tried a lot of things, but I never intend to eat those. Nope nope nope. 

Not my cup of tea! Smiley Tongue

It's funny when people don't realize what they are though. "Are they oysters that come out of a river?" Yeah sure they are. 

Good to know I'm not the only junk food eater here, but I'm still probably the worst. I've had 2 Frappuccinos today...so far. lol Other stuff too of course, but 2 freaking Frappuccinos! Had one yesterday too. On one hand I feel guilty...on the other I don't really care. Om nom nom nom.... Smiley Tongue

Oh heck no I eat junk food to like I love those Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes man those are good!

Oh goodness, it's not all about healthy foods 100% of the time here! Be it junk food or sweets, I love to hear about them! Especially home made baked goods, even better if a recipe is posted! Smiley Wink

You got that right girlie!Smiley Happy

@lylysa: wow and wow. I'm usually not a fan of Asian anything but I gotta say I would try that in a heartbeat.

@BeautyJunkie325: omg that dessert looks like chocolate heaven!! Even on the ceiling! Smiley Wink

Sorry about your mom too...that's rough. Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy It's really different, if you're not accustomed to miso you might not even be able to place your finger on it being what is used, but the honey really helps to give it a balance. Spyski isn't a miso flavor fan, but like I mentioned, any time I post recipes, I encourage folks to adjust and alter to their tastes to make it work for them!

I'm a big believer in "the nose knows" in regards to mixing up ingredients!

I'm sooooo trying to figure out why some of my pics are posting upside done.  Oye!!!!!

She was diagnosed a few years ago which was rough.  The year after she was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I was sooooo done with everything & everyone.  I had completely shut down & stopped believing in anything.  I couldn't believe that my mom not only was going to loose everything that made her my mom but now she had cancer.  My friends kicked my butt, prayed for her and did little things for us.  One of my closest friends made her a quilt out of blue fabric (her favorite color) to use when she went for chemo treatments.  We had a long year of surgery & chemo.  After going through that everything else is cake.  She has good days and bad days, but I'm lucky that she knows who everyone is, she just can't ask for a fork. Smiley Happy

Upside down or not, that looked delish!

All the best for your mom, you, friends, and family. It sounds like you have a really good, solid circle of people and that can make all the difference in the world when days get dark.

I think I'm now on a kind of rock star diet that consists of mostly sushi and Frappuccinos. lol Smiley LOL

sounds right up my alley Smiley Very Happy

1 Reply