Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

*~Sephora Watercolors~*

Working day-in and day-out on the Sephora site and apps, I am often seeking additional ways to be creative, and have fun, with beauty products. 

Iโ€™ve started a series that I dub *~Sephora Watercolors~*, mixing pencil, watercolors, a variety of shiny gelly roll pens and deco markers, and, of course, a healthy assortment of Sephora-sourced lip glosses, sparkly nail polishes, glittery face pigments, and more.

In terms of inspo? Itโ€™s a mix of the charming illustrations of Antoine de Saint-Exupรฉry and the (precious) watercolors of my grandmother, an artist in her own time, known for her Asian-inspired and tropical tableaus, mixing watercolor with fine pen marks. She also designed and merchโ€™ed up the windows for the historic West Coast department store I. Magnin & Company in Los Angeles, which I think is pretty cool. 

So, without further delay, here is the series. I will post whenever I have a chance, hopefully bi-weekly. Iโ€™ll note out the date of creation, link to the products and list out the materials used in the work. 

Canโ€™t wait to hear what you think! ๐Ÿ™‚ โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’„

Note: Worked with product management @ / contracted for Sephora previously.

IMG-9271.jpg

Left: 

• Sephora product: CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Parfum 
  • Date of creation: 4/19/23
  • Materials: Watercolors, pencil, pink gelly roll pen, gems, rapid tone repair dark spot corrector, Sephora Collection eyeliner, Dior lip gloss, Sephora Collection nail polish

Right: 

Re: *~Sephora Watercolors~*

Thank you! <333333333

so pretty @Julessss14! ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’• what inspires you to paint the products you pick? 

Thank you! โค๏ธ There often isn't a particular reason - depends on what i love currently on my beauty counter, products I am interested in trying or like the aesthetic of, or even some product recommendations from the Sephora site that are personalized to my tastes ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I just scrolled through all your new editions. They are beautiful! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿฉท

@Julessss14 ( I own a few of thier real life counterparts lol ๐Ÿ˜† )

Thank you for sharing these pretty pieces with us. They should totally be hanging on the walls of the most zen Sephora space โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡

omg thank you so much! Love the zen Sephora space idea โค๏ธ 

IMG-7488.jpg

This is exceptional working keep it up ...

โค๏ธ

IMG-8740.jpg

• Sephora product: Shiseido Urban Environment Vita-Clear Sunscreen SPF 42 
  • Date of creation: 3/20/23
  • Materials: Watercolors, pencil, orange marker, Kaja sparkly eye pigment, Dior lip gloss

@Julessss14 - Your latest posts are great!  I love the bright watery colors.  They make me happy just to look at them! ๐Ÿ™‚

Delighted to hear that! ๐Ÿ’›โ˜€๏ธ

IMG-9276.jpg

Left: 

Right: 

Just stunning paintings, @Julessss14. I love how you incorporate different mediums to add texture and interest. I hope you continue to post, your work is aesthetically soothing ๐ŸŒŸ 

๐Ÿ’œ

@Julessss14 - Your artwork is stunning! ๐Ÿคฉ  You are soooo talented! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–  I would love to see more of your series.

Thank you! โค๏ธ

@Julessss14 talent!!!!

Awww I am blushing! โค๏ธ

This is awesome @Julessss14! You are incredibly talented! Canโ€™t wait to see the next one you come up with. 

Thank you for the kind words! ๐Ÿ’›

@Julessss14  Great job! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos209
  • IMG-9271.jpg
  • IMG-9273 (1).jpg
  • IMG-9275.jpg
  • IMG-9276.jpg
  • IMG-7488.jpg