Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

*~Sephora Watercolors~*

Working day-in and day-out on the Sephora site and apps, I am often seeking additional ways to be creative, and have fun, with beauty products. 

I’ve started a series that I dub *~Sephora Watercolors~*, mixing pencil, watercolors, a variety of shiny gelly roll pens and deco markers, and, of course, a healthy assortment of Sephora-sourced lip glosses, sparkly nail polishes, glittery face pigments, and more.

In terms of inspo? It’s a mix of the charming illustrations of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and the (precious) watercolors of my grandmother, an artist in her own time, known for her Asian-inspired and tropical tableaus, mixing watercolor with fine pen marks. She also designed and merch’ed up the windows for the historic West Coast department store I. Magnin & Company in Los Angeles, which I think is pretty cool. 

So, without further delay, here is the series. I will post whenever I have a chance, hopefully bi-weekly. I’ll note out the date of creation, link to the products and list out the materials used in the work. 

Can’t wait to hear what you think! 🙂 ❤️💄

Note: Worked with product management @ / contracted for Sephora previously.

IMG-9271.jpg

Left: 

• Sephora product: CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Parfum 
  • Date of creation: 4/19/23
  • Materials: Watercolors, pencil, pink gelly roll pen, gems, rapid tone repair dark spot corrector, Sephora Collection eyeliner, Dior lip gloss, Sephora Collection nail polish

Right: 

Re: *~Sephora Watercolors~*

❣️❣️❣️

@Julessss14 Stunning artwork!

💖💖💖

Your artwork is beautiful, @Julessss14!

Much appreciated! 💜

Ooooh these are soo pretty! 😍 very beautiful work @Julessss14 

💚💚💚

@Julessss14 you are very talented.  Those are beautiful 

Thank you so much! 💖 I am alright!

Full disclosure I do have a graduate art degree in painting / drawing from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, so that helps a little bit 🎨

@Julessss14 All these are amazing.  Are you going to frame them?  They also make perfect gifts.

Thank you so much! @SportyGirly125 💖❤️🎨🥰 And, yes, I really want to frame some of the diptychs in delicate silver frames. They absolutely make fantastic host presents, thank-you moments or tokens of appreciations. I’ve given out quite a few out to friends and family (and even some co-workers at Sephora) and I’m always delighted to see people’s reactions and how they style them up 💝🤩

IMG-9273 (1).jpg

Left:

Right:

Sell on etsy or somewhere?

IMG-9275.jpg

Left:

Right:

So vibrant @Julessss14 ! 🩷💚