Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Nature Walks and The Beautiful Outdoors photos 🌿🌷🏞

I love going on walks and if I'm lucky taking a few photos while I'm lost in nature. 🏞🌎🌺  Does anyone else enjoy that?

These are some of the views from a little walk today. 

20230517_133038.jpg

20230517_132106.jpg

20230517_130001.jpg

Spoiler
It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining but the breeze was cool. Everything smelt so fresh and we saw a few animals too. 😀

Feel free to share any photos you take out waking in the beautiful fresh air and sun shine 💚💙

I'd love to see what nature you see 👀 😀

Re: Nature Walks and The Beautiful Outdoors photos 🌿🌷🏞

That lily is such a pure shade of white!  I hope you find turtles for your little guy next time. @heartsmyface 

Wow, it's perfect @heartsmyface 🥰

@heartsmyface Turtles would have been cool but that’s a very pretty consolation prize!

That must have been so serene @heartsmyface, and you got a picture of a perfect Lilly. My phone would have drowned if I was trying to padle board and be responsible for my belongings 😆

🐢 Our turtles here have gone back into hiding after nesting, I hope you guys get to see some this year!

@CynthieLu  ha, the phone is waterproof.  I just wear it on a floaty lanyard when it’s out and tuck it away in my waterproof waist pouch (with the snacks and sunscreen) when it’s not needed.  
ours normally stick around all summer lounging in the sun on fallen trees.  There’s an area that’s hard to get to that they like a lot for nesting.  We get to see them from 50 feet away.  But sometimes we come across rogue turtles out in the water.  just seeing them makes my day even though I know they’re going to be there.  We didn’t make it that far out today though. 

That's cool! @heartsmyface 

There are many lakes and paths near me. But the turtles are soo shy. If we come across them they jump into the water and flee 🫣 

@CynthieLu  aw ours jump in too if they think we’ve come too close.  They’re fairly brave though and will sometimes pose for the camera (more like stick their necks out to better bask in the sun but I’m writing the narrative here) 

@heartsmyface beautiful 

Saw this butterfly on a short walk, I had to try to grab a picture.

MTXX_MH20230706_065211699.jpg

This one didn't want to give me alot of shots. It flew away pretty quickly but it was fun too see this big guy up close. 🧡🖤

@CynthieLu  For some reason, my son has a talent for getting butterflies to land on his finger.  They like it so much he can actually walk with it remaining on him.  I've never seen anyone else able to do that.   He started doing that as a child, and still can today.

The only thing I can figure out is, he stays still if he sees one nearby, raises his arm and crooks his pointer finger in the air and raises it so it's the highest point of his body.  And the butterflies just land on him!

So.... when is your nature album getting published? @CynthieLu 🤣

Wow @CynthieLu! That’s a great looking specimen. The colouration is so bright!

I'm glad you can see it @JoSometimes the way it's hanging we're only seeing the under side of the wings, and they aren't as bright and brilliant. It was a real pretty one 🙂

@CynthieLu   Soooo beautiful!  I haven’t seen a monarch in years!!   

They really like it here @heartsmyface and they are pretty huge.  This one was a giant and just fluttered himself slowly away 🙂

@CynthieLu @CorgiMommy Beautiful shots! Butterflies hate me. I do have a butterfly haven near me I need to visit.

@Samtian   lol.  I don't know why, but there's something about our minivan that attracts butterflies when I'm driving (or doesn't scare them away enough,) because I run into a lot of them!  It's so sad.

@CynthieLu beautiful.  I was lucky to capture this photo a few weeks ago

DSC_0661_2.JPG

@CynthieLu sorry I don't 

Oooh look at those! @CorgiMommy 

Do you know what kind they are? They are a lovely yellow 💛

@CynthieLu @CorgiMommy  They’re swallowtails!! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 20230517_133038.jpg
  • 20230517_132106.jpg
  • 20230517_130001.jpg
  • Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho
  • Acadia National Park Maine
  • Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho
  • Blackfoot, Idaho
  • Muir Woods, California
  • Oregon Trail Ruts I think, Idaho