Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Let it out and vent!

Hi all!

So totally random, but I wanted to vent a little and give everyone a platform to vent as well Smiley Happy I think that letting out your feelings is a healthy way to grow and move past the stuff that is bothering you, whether it is a big deal or something small that just gets under your skin.

Here are a few things bugging me this week...

1. Office politics, while I am currently free of this issue on a personal level, I see it all around me. People who use their power and/or connections to mess up other people who work hard and deserve better; it's usually out of jealousy or some insecurity. So sad that we deal with this as a adults on such an immature level.

2. Calling Kaiser customer service; I have called them about 8 times now and every time I wait about 7 minutes (to an annoying repetitive message), then they tell me to hang up and try again because the call volume is too high. I understand that customer service numbers can be notorious for sucking at the very purpose they serve, but to hang up on me every time and not give me a chance to speak to someone is upsetting. The doctor found a tiny round ball in my breast and I need to call about the cost of an ultrasound under my coverage, so I'm even more upset. I have a packed schedule so I don't have the luxury of walking into Kaiser and finding someone to help me. I guess I will have to wait another month before getting my info Smiley Sad

3. Lastly, my daily 2 hour and 15 minute commute to work. Boy I'm tired, I wake up when it's still dark and almost never get home while it's still light out. I am extremely lucky to work at a great company, with a great boss, in the heart of San Francisco...but I'm exhausted every day. My lease ends in 4 months, so this torture is temporary.

Thank you for letting me put my mess out there! I feel a lot better.

Feel free to vent your frustrations!

Re: Let it out and vent!

Yeah, I get told I am a downer or a "grump" (my mom's favorite) constantly. My own family does it constantly, clearly by my mom's favorite term. My mom will go as far as to jokingly growl at me when she thinks I have a "mean" response with an attitude. And people constantly saying it will only make it worse. 

Your vent made me think of this book I read last year called "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking." I think you'd enjoy the book. (It's out long enough that it's pretty much at most libraries.)

Oh my gosh, I need to read that!!! My Kindle is finding me that book tonight!

Student loans.....enough said.

I hope everything with Kaiser gets better.  Sending you positive vibes.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Yeah student loans are not fun.  I have 6 figures in student loan debt so I feel your pain.  But I guess it's taught me to just live in the moment and not worry too much about the future (otherwise I would be worrying about the insurmountable debt load that will be here for quite some time, lol)

Kaiser Permanente has their sample costs and coverage lists online with pricing.  Just google Kaiser with the name of your specific plan and breast ultrasound.  Should pop right up as a pdf near the top.

Highlighted

Ugh Kaiser services are TERRIBLE. I call an outside division to order medical supplies I need for a daily basis to survive and its impossible to reach a real person. You just go in a circle of voicemails. I once had to wait 2 weeks for my items when the delivery is supposed to be overnighted. Smiley Sad I hope your ultrasound goes well and all is ok!!

I can't imagine driving here to SF everyday, It takes me 45 minutes to an hour just to get from my end of the city to downtown as well- 2 hours though! 

@latinadiva I get that too "whats wrong, you look mad?" no.. i'm actually fine LOL.

@MGJM student loans are such a pain.. I'm still paying mine off it feels like its never going to leave me lol

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thank you, I hope it goes well too.

I still love working in SF, especially since I work in the same building as the Benefit Cosmetics headquarters Smiley Happy

So just a couple days ago I decided I wanted to apply for my MBA fall semester. Applications were opened Oct 1 and due April 1. I've already missed 4 months of preparation time, and I have to take a GMAT test and a write an essay. The GMAT scores are out within 20 days of taking the test and I'm taking it on March 11 which means scores will be out March 31. ONE DAY FROM DEADLINE. MAKES ME NERVOUSSS. I didn't have any test date options since many spots are already full. Aside from that, I only have 5 weeks to study for this test when people usually take months!! Stressin' over here.

Also my boyfriend and our friend is celebrating their birthday this weekend with a dinner and somehow I got stuck planning it.  It's said to be both my boyfriend's and friend's birthday dinner but it feels more like our friend's than my boyfriend's. (My boyfriend could care less to go or not). Then my friend keeps calling me and adding people to the list so I keep having to call the restaurant to change the reservations. I understand him wanting his friends to go, but does he need all their girlfriends, brothers, etc. too? Our party is getting so large I don't even know if they can fit us in one table. What's the point of a birthday dinner if we're all split up?

Okay. Rant done. Was a little bit annoyed, whew.

That sucks, I think it wouldn't be so bad if your friend was more considerate and didn't forget the whole point of the celebration in the first place; to be together on a special occasion.

@knadala: I understand being frustrated about long commutes! My own is almost as long, but not quite -- and it involves a bus, train and ferry. It's very beautiful, and in that sense I'm lucky, but I really miss working in the city. I don't have Kaiser, but I've heard their CS is a nightmare. I hope you have your questions answered soon and that everything is okay. Re: Office politics…I just can't. It's crazy how you think you've escaped middle school, only to have similar issues arise in adulthood. Ridiculous. 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Great idea.  Thank you for the opportunity to let this out.

When I was very young, there was an adult in my life with a very strong and controlling influence over me for a short period of time who was in a caretaker role (her character not known by my parents at that time).  The verbal abuse and absolute control was a game changer in my life for me being so young.  (Note that I am not talking about any kind of physical abuse, just a mean lady. Old sourpuss.) 

So if I may address her directly (you know how they tell you sometimes to write a letter to someone that you will never send? Consider this my letter to her out into the ether....)

Mrs. O:

I don't know what happened in your life that you feel you need to take your negativity out on a seven year old girl, happy and energetic with a positive outlook on life.  I understand the positivity I exuded irritated you because such thoughts are not a part of your world, so you sought to turn me into you by making me feel inferior, and that my expressions of joy and happiness at life were to be mocked in front of my friends, to make me feel it was not okay to be me.

During that time I went from being a happy, independent child to very insecure and withdrawn.  I could not have changed my reactions, as I was just a child then.  But these insecurities lingered into adulthood, and I have fought your ghosts all of my life.  Today I am telling you that I will no longer let you turn me into you, I will not let the echos of your insults ring in my head and make me feel unworthy, that this seven year old child is again happy and exuberant and cannot hear your malicious words any longer - she is freed from your influence.  You no longer have any control.

Sincerely,

The Seven Year Old

good for you to let it all out Smiley Happy

So, I'm currently writing a grant and a journal article in addition to my normal experiment workload. I just found out that I was volunteered to write another paper too, even though I didn't do any of the experiments for it and don't even really know what was done. "Oh, Linden can write that!" Like I don't have enough going on right now.

edit: oh yay, my boss just emailed from Germany asking me to submit an abstract for a conference later this year. The deadline is in 4 hours. Joy.

My vent is about a difficult/incompetent professor. I finally got the grade on my very first assignment (from last October). She randomly doesn't show up to class or our meetings outside of the classroom. If you try to ask her any question about the technicalities of our assignments she gets all confused and can't give you an answer. She forgets what she assigned, then emails us randomly during the week and tells us to do something completely different. I don't even know what my grade is at this point. Over half the class dropped it before the second semester. Moments ago, I got yet another email about an assignment that doesn't even following what we've been studying. UGH so frustrating!

I've also been fighting bronchitis for the past 3.5 weeks. Still coughing like crazy and I'm so sore I can barely breathe.

I had a professor like that in college in the sense that he would have on the syllabus the information for a paper that he said needed to be 3 pages. We would turn it in and he would say no, that isn't what I wanted, and in the specific example I am thinking of I had to make that 3 page paper a 9 page paper in less than 24 hours. I reported him to the dean (the bigger concern being his extremely racist comments in class, not even toward my race, his own in fact) but I mentioned the concerns with the class work and all she claimed was that a teacher has the right to modify an assignment blah blah.

I work at a college now and all I can say to you is when they do the teacher evaluations, DO THEM. As part of the ever fun "other duties as assigned" I have to facilitate the evals and students will complain the whole time about a teacher, but you get the eval back and it has nothing written on it. If you don't write down concerns, they will not be addressed. If you still feel like you want to do more, you can always call the department to speak to a dean about the professor. I sadly can't say how it will turn out because I truly think it depends on the dean. Even in my job now, I've reported a professor to a dean about one of my scholarship recipients not being able to buy a book because the professor was using books that were legit 15-20 years old, and nothing happened. And this is me as the employee telling a dean something needs to happen and it doesn't. But I can say I've always at least felt better that I said something.

Thank you. I do have plans to bring this to the attention of the dean - next week, actually. It's one thing if she were just changing our assignments but there are times when she literally doesn't show up for class without notifying anyone.

I need this class to graduate. I really do want to learn but she's making it impossible. I can't tell you one thing I've learn in this class. I believe her intention is to finish the textbook but we've barely even covered 1/3 of it.

Yeah, the not showing up thing she can get in trouble for. Professors have to notify their department when they are cancelling a class and a notification is supposed to be sent out, or at a minimum, a sign needs to be posted depending on the timing. Adjuncts tend to not report it because when they cancel class their pay is deducted for that day so they always want to avoid it. Not sure how it works in your school either and obviously don't know if you guys already do it, but here we tell the students if your professor doesn't show up, after 15 minutes, pass a sign in sheet around the room and turn it in to the department. This makes them aware that the professor didn't show up and that way it still shows that you showed up so they can't ever argue that you missed that day.

I wish I could vent what is going on in my life but it's very upsetting, But just being able to put this has helped. Thank You. Smiley Happy

My vent is about how AWFUL healthcare is in the US.  I had a minor (outpatient) surgery a few months ago and just got the bill.  For research on the internet and advice from my parents about what my copay would be, I figured I would be on the hook for $700-$1000.  NOPE.  I got a bill for $2500 dollars last night!!!!!  Are you KIDDING me?  I looked up in the healthcare bluebook what a fair price for the procedure is- about 4,500 dollars before insurance chips in.  The hospital I went to charged 11,000.  For a 6 hour stay including pre op and post op.  I'm sure they were charging me $20 per "blanket" that they put on me after surgery. UGH.  Anyways, I am on my last year of being on my parent's insurance, and luckily my parents had already met thier deductible, so my dad's employeer will likely pay him back for most of the part we are responsible for. 

Do they know how much make up I could buy for 2,500?!  I could buy a used car for that much!!!

Dont be afraid to negotiate with them!  And make sure you a detailed invoice to make sure everything they re charging you is legit!

Oh- regarding your ultrasound.  You can look up the fair cost of the exam on the Healthcare Bluebook.  They also provide sheets for you to print out to help you discuss the costs with the lab or your healthcare provider!  Good luck, that is a really scary thing to have happen, and I'm sending all kinds of well wishes your way!!

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_8999053863324323496.png