Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Movies/shows I've recently watched (over several weeks)

• "One Day", the series. It was good but not a love.
  • "Anyone but You", which I thought was terrible.
  • "Marry My Husband", which started off really great but dragged on way too long. The male main character had no facial expression 90% of the time, but I'm not sure if it was meant to be on purpose since he's depicted as kind of stoic/unemotional? Regardless, I was ready for it to be over by the end of it. "King the Land" was the same. It should have been condensed a bit.
  • Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1&2. I loved it. Half of season 1 kind of dragged but Season 2 was so good. It made me actually read the manga to find out what happened. I don't think manga is for me but I look forward to future seasons of the anime.
  • I saw the "Through My Window" 2&3 (in the original Spanish) and liked them but they're just ok. I really enjoyed the first one and read the book.
  • "Upgraded" was a cute little romcom. Better than Anyone but You imo.

If you need something to really watch, go see "Dune 2". It's sooo good! The special effects are amazing. I can't say how close it is to the books, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

IMPACT x Nightline: Get Ready with Gen Alpha (Hulu)

I love this thread! 
I haven’t kept up with any current shows but I love to watch reruns of Psych, it is so goofy and feel good. I believe it was aired around 2006 so pretty nostalgic! 🍍🤩

Has anyone else seen it?! 

IMG_8764.jpeg

@peculiarzmakeup Psych is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I rewatch it regularly when I just need to see my boys Shawn and Gus again. 

and Jules lassie Karen and woody and the other guy who’s funny buzz I think I love it too I’m so glad someone can share in the nostalgia @alexasteph  🍍

Lately I have been watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix. I judged the show for long because it looks goofy but it is really good end of the world show. It is very dark so if you are sensitive be careful it is an end of the world so there is a lot of death. I also just rewatched stranger things 😊

I love stranger things! And sweet tooth is such an interesting title, definatley will look more into it ❤️🫶 @ThatGirlMadi  also thank you for adding that info it always helps 💕

@peculiarzmakeup Your welcome! Don’t let the title fool you it is a little darker than it looks.

Omg, @ThatGirlMadi, a cousin of mine suggested Sweettooth. It was much better than I expected. It wasn't as childish as I'd thought and had layers. 

@furbie Yeah I thought it would be childish too but it was a lot darker than I expected. It was a little cheesy in some spots but was still good.

Shōgun (2024 TV series) - I’ve watched the first 2 episodes and I’m quite impressed! I remember parts of the 1980 TV series, and now I kinda wanna rewatch it for nostalgia’s sake. To do that, I’ll probably have to check out a DVD from my local library. Meanwhile, the new series is very good. It’s visually stunning, the cast seems solid (very good acting so far), and since I already know the story, I’ll just say this series is (so far) doing it great justice. 

I never finished reading the novel for some reason (I started it decades ago). Normally I like to read a novel before watching its show/movie adaption, but I’ll call this an exception. I will restart the novel though.

Glad to hear your enjoying it! It sounds like it has a lot of history which is always an added element plus 🫶💕 @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne  Oh I am happy to hear that it’s been well done so far😊.  I also remember the one with Richard Chamberlain as the lead and really enjoyed it.  I haven’t started this one yet, but it’s on my list!

@Cissy63  It’s definitely worth a watch, even compared to the original series. I don’t often say a remake/re-adaption of a TV series is great, or even just good. There’ve been so many bad and unnecessary remakes. This is not one of those, thank goodness! 

I finished watching The Last Thing He Told Me on Apple + TV  with Jennifer Garner  and Criminal Record also on AppleTV it’s British and on MAX   Season 4 of True Detective Night Country with Jodie Foster

These were all great mysteries and had some surprising endings 😀

Omg how was the last thing he told me???

@AlliGC  We really enjoyed it!  But they wrapped up the season sooo quickly in the last episode.  And there were plot holes that were never addressed.  But Jennifer Garner is very good in this one! 

We just finished season 4 of True Detective too @Cissy63 . We thought the ending is a bit odd 

@blackkitty2014   I have not watched any of the prior seasons.   And really only watched this one because of Jodie Foster plus my love of Arctic and Antarctic adventures.  Like @WinglessOne  said there are holes in the wrap up at the end.  Although I certainly didn’t anticipate who was responsible for murder on the ice 😮

@Cissy63  “Although I certainly didn’t anticipate who was responsible for murder on the ice” —heh, I did, but I was mostly kidding when I called it during an early episode. So when it turned out to be correct, I had to pause the last episode because I was laughing so hard. 🤣 That reveal would’ve been much more powerful (with the message the show was trying to convey) if the show had delved deeper into… I’ll just say “the town’s culture” so as not to spoil things for others. 

2,104 Replies
testing