Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Ladies 20 and over: How has your self esteem / Self Confidence improved since the teenage years?

Ladies what has picked you up since the teen years in the esteem and confidence area? What makes you feel good about yourself physically and mentally. What makes you feel beautiful. I really want to hear some of your stories. I'm 16 and feel at my lowest. My mother isn't in the position to help me at  this time. So what advice could you give? ♥

Edit 6/27/11: You girls are helping a lot more than you probably realise. :')

Highlighted

Re: Ladies 20 and over: How has your self esteem / Self Confidence improved since the teenage years?

One consistent thing I keep hearing is that it actually does get better in college. It's making me  a lot hopeful for what is to come

Re: Ladies 20 and over: How has your self esteem / Self Confidence improved since the teenage years?

Yes! It truly does get better. I frequently kick myself for not having the perspective then that I do now (isn't that always how it is?) -- I cannot believe how much I was influenced by what others thought. I think the key, as  dayw and mermadelove mentioned, really *is* to fake it till you make it and try to do things that leave you as positive as possible and feeling as good about yourself as you can. Find something that really interests you and pursue it wholeheartedly -- think about what you would like to do in the future, and set goals (don't worry about setting too many rigid goals, though -- just flexible ones). The "mean girls" may have it coming to them (in a perfect world), but sometimes they may not -- and life may continue to be unfair. No matter what happens, you have to concentrate on yourself, on your relationships, and make the most out of (1) what you have and (2) what you can control. Your happiness with yourself -- and others -- can only come from you.

: )

i couldnt have said it better myself. wow... she really had a good question... look how many responses that have bn made. i keep asking myself, "if i died tomarrow, what would i regret?" and then i think, isnt the key to life not having regret? basiclly, if u have to ask urself, will i regret this?- uh, DONT DO IT!!! life is too short to worry about what others think of you, and i never really cared about that in high school. i went kinda backwards. its when i became an adult and had a child when i began to care. but it made me better. caring what others think to a degree is good, but letting it consume u into being something ur not, or it making u do things u wouldnt normally do, thats when it becomes an issue. every morning i suggest looking in the mirror and committing at least one thing to do for urself that day. wether its taking a loooong hot bath, or volinteering at a homeless shelter. whatever it is, just make sure its for u and u alone, to make u feel good about being u. no matter ur age, young, old, in between.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats