Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Beauty Storage Hacks and Ideas

I was getting tired of digging through a tiny little drawer to get to my nail clippers, file, tweezers, etc… so I repurposed a cheap magnetic knife holder into grooming tool storage. It’s so much neater and easier to access now.

IMG_2593.jpeg

From this… 👎

IMG_2590.jpeg

To this! 👍

And that got me thinking… what beauty storage hacks or ideas do you use at home/work/school? I’d love to exchange ideas and see what you do to keep your beauty products or tools organized. 🤔

Re: Beauty Storage Hacks and Ideas

4A459467-B9F5-4F5A-860E-5CCE43D22C77.jpeg

What an amazing idea for a thread @JoSometimes 

I went on eBay and searched lipstick holders it doesn’t fit everything but it’s a start excited to get ideas from this thread 😊🫶

@peculiarzmakeup Those shallow bins are great for makeup! And I love your skincare corner. The way you organized it is so pleasing to look at! 💖

Thank you! I was thinking about what would make it most helpful to access when doing my makeup routine. I appreciate it, it was super fun to do 😊 @JoSometimes 

@peculiarzmakeup I see a lot of love for my favorite skincare brand

yes indeed!!! It’s so fun to try and fall in love with a brand and its products. Thank you 😊 @CorgiMommy 

@peculiarzmakeup  love it! Great idea to use the lipstick holder for concealers and other things too. And I love your Tatcha collection!

Thank you so much! And yes Tatcha is great 😊 @caitbird 

I am slowly trying to work toward getting my overflowing beauty stash organized in a way that's both functional and (hopefully) aesthetically pleasing. A couple of recent projects, with before & after pics:

Perfume sample storage:before: total chaos, good luck finding anythingbefore: total chaos, good luck finding anythingafter: neatly organized, easy to find what I'm looking forafter: neatly organized, easy to find what I'm looking for

I am a little bit (or a lot) obsessed with trying new scents and can never resist a discovery set or free perfume sample, so my collection of perfume sample bottles is...quite large, as you can see 😅 Before, I had them all piled pretty much willy-nilly in a bathroom vanity drawer, and then a box. This was not a good system for me, as it made it quite difficult and annoying to find what I was looking for. So I purchased this clear organizer off of Amazon, and the shallow drawers are perfect for storing the little sample bottles! I now have everything organized alphabetically by brand (what can I say, I work at a library 😂), so I can find things easily. I want to get some nicer-looking labels (currently using masking tape), but overall I'm quite happy with how this project turned out.

And today's project, organizing the skincare products on my bathroom vanity:

before: oh boy, I have way too many open skincare products and they are taking over the bathroom counterbefore: oh boy, I have way too many open skincare products and they are taking over the bathroom counterafter: still have way too many open skincare products, but now they look much nicer and are easier to access!after: still have way too many open skincare products, but now they look much nicer and are easier to access!

I have way too many open skincare products at the moment 😬, and they were taking up half of the bathroom countertop and things were stacked on top of each other and hard to get to. I bought this rotating organizer, also from Amazon, and was able to fit everything in it. Now the vanity looks much neater, and I won't end up knocking over half the containers every time I try to pick one thing up! 👍

I love the organizers you chose @caitbird! They are so aesthetically pleasing to the eye! 💖

Wow such a unique and innovative way to organize the displays look beautiful 😍 @caitbird 

@peculiarzmakeup  thank you so much! 💜

@caitbird mine are in a cosmetic bag.  I have been using them up so I have only about 20 left

@CorgiMommy  that's great! I would love to get to the point of using up some of mine, but I have so many that for now I am mostly focusing on just trying them all. And of course I keep getting more, so I never seem to catch up 😅

@caitbird you nailed the fragrance organizing.   Love the alphabetical order of your samples.  Nothing like that at my house. 

@CorgiMommy  thank you! I'm very happy with my new setup. How do you store yours?

@caitbird love it!!!!

@greeneyedgirl107  thank you! 💜

IMG_7080.jpeg

Revision number 3!

I added some cup hooks to hang a mirror on the door. Our washroom is pretty small. If both of us are getting ready at the same time in the morning, I would pull out the makeup I wanted to wear and finish upstairs where we have another mirror. Now, I can continue even if my wife needs the sink or the main mirror. 

And I wanted to take advantage of the empty space upper right corner. A flat organizer, some strategically drilled holes, and now it’s hanging up in the corner. 

And the new main organizer has a large space in the middle. I plan to use it as a place to lay out what I want to wear so I can find it easier. I can also use it as a dumping ground if I’m in a rush and don’t have time to put all my makeup back where it belongs. 

Such an amazing setup I love how everything is organized and the mirror is everything , love seeing the creativity and efforts! Adore it! @JoSometimes  🫶

@peculiarzmakeup Thank you! It’s a tight space but it works! I have a few things in a pencil case, which is my makeup over flow. 

61 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 306 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos26
  • I keep saying I'll paint the outside someday but still haven't.
  • The dark grey mesh things tucked into the case's tag on the right side are brush guards, in case I fully wash a brush (these guards let me dry brushes upside-down on countertops).
  • All Sephora branded products here were generously gifted by Sephora. Pretty sure this photo's missing a Fenty Gloss Bomb or 2.
  • Pretty sure Lancome's discontinuing the L'Absolu Lacquers, which is a terrible decision because they're THE BEST glosses ever.
  • Aw, so many discontinued products in the bottom row.
  • There's also a black version. Last time I checked, it cost a bit more than this teal green one.
  • Eyeliner pencils. I... might have a problem.
  • IMG_2593.jpeg
  • IMG_2590.jpeg
  • IMG_4777.jpeg
  • I've moved most of what was here to my new makeup area, but there are still stragglers.
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
  • IMG_2749.jpeg
  • IMG_5278.jpeg
  • IMG_5276.jpeg
testing