Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

@SpaceLlama  OMG that looks so good! Have you ever tried the slu tty brownies? It's a brownie mix, with a choc. chip cookie mix and oreos. Cookie dough at the bottom, oreos in the middle, brownie batter on top. bake. The recipe is easy to find on google. Originally I think it was someone in the UK who posted it.

OMG I haven't had pรจtes de soeurs is so long!!!! I miss those! Not sure what bonbons patates and grand-pรจres are though.

@veronika23, yes, those particular brownies are so decadent and delicious! I've made them a few times over the years and they're always a hit. I wish the name was, ah, different though. I had to think fast when my 4-year-old son was asking what they're called!

@StephanieBT  yeah they sure are a hit!  Hahahaha I wish the name was different too! Could have called them over the top deliciousness in your mouth brownies ๐Ÿ˜„

I haven't tried those brownies yet, but they sound amazing, @veronika23@ ๐Ÿ˜.

Bonbons patates are just mashed potatoes, icing sugar, vanilla and peanut butter. If you like peanut butter, you'll love these! bonbon-au-patates-new.jpeg

Grand-pรจres are dough pieces that are "boiled" in maple syrup and water and then served with syrup on top! They're so yummy. 

grands-peres-dans-le-sirop.jpeg

They are @SpaceLlama! You must try them! I find they are better cooled down. ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks! I might have to give those a try. ๐Ÿ˜„

I havenโ€™t had sucre a la creme since I was a child! Thank you for reading me of this tasty treat @veronika23! I have to bake a batch ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Itโ€™s so hard to chose a favourite, but the first thing that popped into my mind is Butter Tarts so Iโ€™ll say those! 

when I was younger I didnโ€™t care for the crust and would eat the centre, now I could sit down and eat a two or three full tarts with no hesitation ๐Ÿ˜Š they are so scrumptious! 

Oh the sweet goodness @bakeamuffin

If you add maple syrup to your sucre ร  la crรจme, it makes it extra tasty, @bakeamuffin ๐Ÿ˜‰ then again, maple syrup just makes everything better ahaha

I had all of the ingredients on hand so I made them this morning @SpaceLlama, I added maple syrup like you suggested, and cannot wait for them to finish setting so I can gobble them up โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‹

I'm sure they taste wonderful, @bakeamuffin!! Now I'm craving some as well haha. Can't wait for the holidays!

Hope you enjoy your sucre a la creme! Ohhh butter tarts... I can't remember the last time I had one... if ever... I mean I think I have but it's been too long. ๐Ÿ˜„ @bakeamuffin

ooooooo @veronika23 that's easy one for me! my dad makes...

ooooooo @veronika23 that's easy one for me! my dad makes the best Walnut fudge ever!!! he puts Hennessy in it....omg it's amazing!!

Re: ooooooo @veronika23 that's easy one for me! my dad makes...

@lmaster, oh my goodness, can you please PM me that recipe?! I have attempted to make my family's fudge recipe 3 years in a row now, and failed each time. I clearly need to try a new recipe, and your dad's sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes I sure can, I'll text him later, he's at work until 4 ish, so I'll pm you as soon as I get ahold of him @StephanieBT 

Nice! @lmaster

4. What is your favorite holiday food? Anything that has to make an appearance every year?

*Not desserts/sweets. I'll have a separate question for that.

Image result for Holiday food

I really like tourtiรจre but having cut down on meat, I'll probably skip it from now on.

I love Canard a lโ€™Orange with a Cointreau sauce, stuffed quails ( orange based stuffing ) Funny thing though, Iโ€™m a French Canadian but I hate tourtiere ( which is ALWAYS part of Xmas tradition in the province of Quebec ) ! I miss my grandmotherโ€™s Sucre a la Creme ! @veronika23 

@keana1  blasphemy!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„  It's ok... we don't all like the same things. That would be boring! Your grandma had a good recipe for sucre a la creme?

She did @veronika23 ! I donโ€™t know if I can find it though? She had Ahlzeimerโ€™s and had to move to a home but my uncle inherited my grandparents house so the recipe might be somewhere, Iโ€™ll have to ask him if he can find it ! Maybe some of my aunts have it also? Iโ€™m going up north late next week, Iโ€™ll do an enquiry ๐Ÿง !

@keana1  hope you can find it so you keep the tradition going!!! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ @veronika23 !

1,856 Replies
testing