From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Beauty Confidential

Beauty Confidential

• 117839 Members
  • 3089 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Beauty secrets are for sharing. Discover the latest beauty news and launches from trending brands.

Beauty secrets are for sharing. Discover the latest beauty news and launches from trending brands.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Beauty Confidential
Ambassador Curated
What are you wearing today Pt2
|
Re: What are you wearing today Pt2
GO-GETTER I INSIDER
Reply: Stunning look, loving the glow, beautiful lip color, adore the headband, amazing oufit. 﫶 @JoSometimes ...read more
Stunning look, loving the glow, beautiful lip color, adore the headband, amazing oufit. 🫶💄 @JoSometimes
Recent images from this conversation
Magnetic lashes
|
Re: Magnetic lashes
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Ardell is a budget friendly brand and has amazing magnetic lashes!
Ardell is a budget friendly brand and has amazing magnetic lashes!
Does anybody have any lipgloss recommendations?
|
Re: Does anybody have any lipgloss recommendations?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Summer Fridays isn’t sticky and makes your lips look good.
Summer Fridays isn’t sticky and makes your lips look good.
Pan It! - 2024 Challenge
|
Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Thanks @missjeanie; that's really nice of you to say. That dent seems more "meh" than massive to me, but I concede it could be tha ...read more
Thanks @missjeanie; that's really nice of you to say. That dent seems more "meh" than massive to me, but I concede it could be that I see it everyday and think, "why have you not moved?!" 😅 That's a great question. Let's go back to the very beginning - here she is, Biba, in all her glory ... Goodness gracious, my Biba palette does not look like this at all anymore. It's so much more ragged looking, as @CookieGirl1 very aptly described some of the eyeshadow pans now. When I first started to pan, I figured I'd mostly be using the following shadows:First row: prarie !! (2nd shadow), coco (3rd shadow) & freckle (4th shadow)Second row: noneThird row: all but spot (4th shadow)Hilarious in hindsight that I actually thought prarie would be one of the shades I'd gravitate towards and it's now the last shadow on which I'm trying to hit pan. At the time, I liked looking at sparkly shades, but I didn't like them on me. It was too much for my everyday look. Or, so I thought. The lockdown and this pan it! challenge really shifted a lot of things for me. From a beauty perspective, it changed the way I went about buying things - slowly, but surely. I mean, it took me 2 years to fully pan that tusk shade (last row, last shadow)!!! And I was using that shade pretty much every single day in one way or another - by itself, as a base, as a transition color, etc. Needless to say, it caused me to think more carefully about purchasing palettes - I mean, I continued to do so but it's been pulled back a lot more. I'm also more thoughtful about it; less FOMO when it comes to eyeshadow purchases. In addition to learning to work with more shimmery shadows and at times, preferring those more than some of the matte shades in the Biba palette, I also moved from warmer nudes / browns to preferring more neutral or neutral-cool ones, or discovering more shadows / palettes that fit in the latter category. P.S. As for the Hanni Water Balm Instant Hydration Body Moisturizer Mist 6.76 oz / 200 mL, get it! 💖 Though I technically purchased it in December, 2023, I didn't really start using it until this year and I have to say, one of my best discoveries of the year. My legs and limbs are dry, dry, and dry. Even so, I'm not always the best on applying lotion or oil coming out of the shower. This mist has made it easy to do so in the sense that I just have to reach for it and spritz here and there. Easy peasy. Just have to be careful with it being a glass bottle but I think they changed that with the newer versions. Another layer of cream or lotion is best in the cooler months but this could be all I need in the summer - there have been nights this spring when I've just used the Hanni.
2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD
|
Re: 2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD
GO-GETTER II INSIDER
Reply: @ather I'm with you. I told my friend today that I will buy nothing until the next sephora sale or black Friday. I need to fund my ...read more
@ather I'm with you. I told my friend today that I will buy nothing until the next sephora sale or black Friday. I need to fund my vacations!!! I told her "if you ever hear me in the next few months saying 'oh I'm thinking about buying xyz', then just remind me that I'm poor". She laughed but I did not. House prices are crazy here. I live in like prime town, central everything so a house will come on market and get sold in like 5 days. Sigh* Oooh. I see. I didn't realize Canada military is similar to US military (moving around a lot..) or is that just all military? 😂 East.... Montreal, west... Vancouver 🫡 that's all I know LOLOL
Beauty Pet Peeves 2
|
Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Try the Milk setting spray!! I love it.
Try the Milk setting spray!! I love it.
Skincare
|
Re: Skincare
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @ana13medina If you don't have any specific concerns I'd recommend a basic routine that keeps you clean/protected. A simple clean ...read more
@ana13medina If you don't have any specific concerns I'd recommend a basic routine that keeps you clean/protected. A simple cleanser, and then a moisturizing SPF for day and a moisturizer for night time. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to try new things, but I also think keeping things simple is nice. Cleanser I'd recommend from Sephora Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser Moisturizer for Evenings belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb with Peptide and Ceramide SPF for Day Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Hyaluronic Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 45 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Good luck!!
Vitamin c serum suggestions please
|
Re: Vitamin c serum suggestions please
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: @RebeccaV2 that one has some positives like disclosing percentage of Vitamin C and airtight packaging. I don't care for in the i ...read more
@RebeccaV2 that one has some positives like disclosing percentage of Vitamin C and airtight packaging. I don't care for in the inclusion of fragrant essential oils, tho.
New Post in Beauty Confidential
Replacement for matte powder foundation
I have used the Sephora collection matte powder foundation 26 neutral sand for years and it’s no longer available. What is the mos ...read more
I have used the Sephora collection matte powder foundation 26 neutral sand for years and it’s no longer available. What is the most similar color in the matte powder foundation collection now?
218,671 Posts