Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I’m so disappointed with inn beauty for you!! I love their products but I’ve never had to deal with their customer service. 

Not a dupe - but if you’re looking for an ascorbic/ferulic acid blend in a more airtight/light blocking container check out the brand “timeless.” Their 10% isn’t as irritating to my skin and it’s actual active vitamin c not just THD alternative. 

4 emails for a THD product would have me karening out hard! 

That’s odd that it wasn’t acknowledged by them, sorry to hear you had that experience @jaaayp 

Huuuuh. Did you ask them for an exchange @jaaayp?

itsfi_1-1717628544231.gif

The type of vitamin C in this product is one that should be more shelf stable so for it to oxidize does make me wonder about how old the product is. Does your bottle have a batch number on it?

Yup and i still had the box so I provided it and they came back with "color differs from batch to batch" and per out product quality team blah blah. I did ask for a replacement but they kept insisting it was "normal". I'm like.. I went to 2 bottles of this? And so when was it made? Hello? And I tried to give them a benefit of the doubt and gave it a try @itsfi. the night before last and I woke up with huge breakouts and I wrote a very angry email as I broke out for the first time in couple months (since I've been using beekman and VT, my skin has been 🙌) and they gave me a refund back after like 4 correspondences.

THEN I went to go open the sample size I got from iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit and IT WAS EVEN DARKER!!!!!

I called sephora and they're gonna send me a new set (even though I said I'll just take a portion refund..). They said to call sephora back if the product quality issues persists.

I am planning on panning all my innbeauty products ASAP because I do not plan on purchasing from them anymore. EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL here I come!

1000018188.jpg

1000018190.jpg

1000018224.jpg

1000018124.jpg

@jaaayp I hope you don't have any issues with the other products!

@jaaayp - The one I got in the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit is a dark moss green.  That doesn't look like what I would expect something called "GREEN Machine" to look like.  Variations in green is one thing, but this is not right.

THANK YOU @Titian06 omg you get it. I used it 1 day and broke out in pimples and I wrote a very angry email to them. They finally issued a refund after like 4 correspondences! ALSO. I just bought (like a week ago) the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit because I really liked their stuff and same issue! The sample size is even darker!!!!! 

I am tossing and will no longer be supporting this brand. Smh smh smh 🤦‍♀️

@jaaayp it's this the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Green Machine Vitamin C Dark Spot & Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL ? Mine looked exactly like that. I wasn't a fan. It's not supposed to look lime that?

Omg @makeitup305 my last two bottles did NOT look like that. It was green. I trusted their email and used it and broke out EVERYWHERE. I'm writing an angry email rn back to them LOL (I'm a Karen 😂

It's end of an era. I will no longer be purchasing this brand now.

1000018188.jpg

1000018190.jpg

@jaaayp omg I'm so sorry this broke you out! Mine was fully green and because of the name I thought that's just the way it was. I didn't break out but I didn't think it was good either. I made myself use it up to not be wasteful but I definitely wouldn't repurchase. I'm 0/3 with their skincare, although I love their glosses.

Ya... disappointment @makeitup305 I actually liked this brand but nope.. spending my coins somewhere else now.

when one side of my face has perfect lashes and the other side looks flat, no matter how many times I curl them.

@gratefulanddead the struggle 

is real

When my Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Luminous Powder Blush Happy or Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter brake then I compress it so it isn’t and little pieces, but brakes again 😣😭😤

sorry to hear of your experience, it’s nice to hear you tried to make it work, but frustrating for it to happen again and the first time even 😞 @UrFavGurl 

@UrFavGurl I've heard that a lot about this product, unfortunately. 

when some days my foundation looks cakey when it normally doesn't when i do it the exact same way i do it every day 😐😐

Maybe your foundation brush is dirty 😕

I feel this @777izabella isn't it so wierd when that happens? 😭😭

so real 😭🤚

when you check an ingredient list five or six times before you even consider putting a product in the cart, and after a product you thought was safe starts making your skin 100x worse you find out you somehow missed an ingredient you know you're allergic to. it took over a year for my skin to recover from maybe a month of using this thing, it was horrible.

1 Reply
testing