Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Question?????

What Skincare and Makeup can I use to make my makeup not crusty/cakey I have super dry flaky undereyes and when I put any concealer On my under eyes, it just starts getting really flaky and cakey. It sometimes ruins my entire makeup look. What can care products? Can I use to get not dry under eyes? I I am not old enough for like under eye treatments. Or anything with a retinol, so keep that in mind. And what Makeup product can I use ti make my makeup no cakey?

Re: Question?????

Hey!! I also have very dry under eyes and my new game changer technique is to apply vasoline under my eyes before bed. It sounds insane but trust me it works. You wake up with your eyes so smooth that the makeup goes on beautifully. My routine after I wash my face is:

I apply under eye cream La Mer The Eye Concentrate Cream 0.5 oz / 15 ml and then the concealer I use is the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and set with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder . Apply the powder with the Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking . The puff will smooth out all lines to make an even appearance!

I hope this helps!

alexsi 

Omg thank you so much I have been using this suggestion and it's working sooooo well thank you!

@BaileyRae2  In order to avoid cakey makeup in your under eye area it’s best to first thinly apply a colour corrector to neutralize any discolouration (peach neutralizes blue for example). This will enable you to use less concealer.  

Then thinly apply concealer directly over the colour corrector.  When setting with finishing powder- get the powder on the brush.  Brush the powder off onto your arm first so there is very little on the brush and THEN apply to your undereye area.  This will ensure you’re not applying too much powder which can be very unflattering on even the smoothest undereyes.

Finish the undereye makeup by bouncing a slightly damp and almost dry beauty blender over top to gently push the powder into the concealer.  
Less is more on the mobile areas of your face to limit creasing.  If you still get creasing throughout the day it can be helpful to do makeup checks and have your beauty blender on hand for quick makeup refreshing bounces 😉 

@BaileyRae2 do you use any under eye cream or moisturizer? What concealer are you using?

I do not use under-eye cream but I do use cere-ve moisturizer and I have tried the Elf camo and the Maybelline new York concealer. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing