Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Welcome to the Pan It Challenge, 2022 Edition!!

I'm claiming a 2022 that's greater than our wildest imaginations, also for my longtimers this will be our FIFTH YEAR doing this challenge. Thanks to all who've stuck around and everyone who's tested themselves and jumped into the madness. You all are amazing 😘

ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

@ElleElleG I definitely fell for the limited editions a lot. I was really into Urban Decay and Too Faced oh yeah and KVD. I have not decluttered any yet, but after this year the Tarte Rainforest After Dark will be decluttered. 

Impressive goals and great products, @Samtian!! Excited to see your progress!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you so much!!

@Samtian You adding the Tarte palette to your project makes me wonder why I ever decluttered it. Can't wait to see your progress 🤗

@AznAngelLiz Thank you! When it first came out I fell so in love, like it was the most beautiful thing ever. Haha now I'm like why was I so in love with this? Maybe it was the packaging. I worked on it last year during my eye shadow project and only ended up loving two colors, then again it is 6+ years old. 

Spoiler
Tarte Rainforest sm.jpg

Oh @Samtian, you're so organized with your panning goals! It's impressive. You've got this! 

@itsfi Thank you!! 

@Samtian I need to include at least one eyeshadow palette to my pan it. I don’t do so well with panning eyeshadows.

@blackkitty2014 It's fun and frustrating! 

I'll be interested to see this, @Samtian , especially the Tarte palette. I have Tarte's Fall Feels, that may make its way into my seasonal pans this year, so the encouragement from your project's progress will go a long way for me.

@heavyhedon Thank you! I've used it a bit this year and didn't see any progress, hopefully next year I will. But I'm not putting a heavy focus on it. That Tarte you have has some pretty colors in it. 

It does, and the blush is so nice, I could wear it daily for a month, @Samtian 

Yay!! I’m excited to be a part of this for 2022. I really need to start shopping my Stash.

There are a couple of things in 2021 that I will continue using up in 2022 like the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer and the original Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette but I’m adding the original Naked palette for 2022.

A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg

E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg

EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg

Great start, @AznAngelLiz!! I'm excited to see even more pan throughout the year!!

@AznAngelLiz, yesss!!! to shopping our stashes! Your product picks are gorgeous! It'll be a lot of fun to see your progress to pan with these beauties!

@AznAngelLiz -- I feel the energy coming off this already! Panning a Naked palette is going to be so cool to watch.

@AznAngelLiz Woo! I can't wait to watch your progress!

AHHHHH @AznAngelLiz you just gave me flashbacks! I did my Original UD for the 2018 challenge. I ended up depanning the few shades from the original and Naked2 after a few months and just working on those. Cannot wait to see how you progress!!

Calling all Project Panners, please tag anyone I miss. 

@itsfi @Samtian @blackkitty2014 @heartsmyface @Guessgal @heavyhedon @NotCrocker @Mellmars1185 

@ElleElleG Thanks for the invite!

1,327 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos343
  • ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg
  • A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg
  • E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg
  • EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg
  • BTE + UTNG
  • Dec Perfume Pan.jpg