Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

After chatting with a few of you it seems we were in need of an official "Project Pan" thread for longterm projects to get some use out of our respective makeup collections.  All are welcome to participate!

To accommodate various interests the purpose of this thread is for participants to pick at least 1 item (preferably an eyeshadow palette) to use for at least a month (for a "one month one palette") or until December 31, 2017.  You do not have to use the selected item(s) exclusively and working on simultaneous items is more than OK!

**No project is too big or too small, you know your collection, your goals, and your limitations, do what works best for you!**

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

To get started let us know:

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ™‚
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you have committed to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else

Need some challenges/ideas to help you along the way?  Here are some:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an โ€œeverydayโ€ look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look

Prefer to pan other color items like highlighters or blush?  Feel free to share your items, goals, and progress as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now let's see some pan!

**2018 Panning Challenge Thread located here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2018-Challenge/m-p/3604337#M317498

Re: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

Hereโ€™s my final update of what I panned. I use a lot of stuff. I put my year of makeup video on my channel, I think three pictures is the limit for a post.

BE82A7D9-6598-487B-ABF5-5EAC23CE3D1A.jpegA7116FF4-B69C-43E8-A3B7-FC7BFB3F3C7A.jpegCACADD04-06B9-4E89-8C76-08386708DEF6.jpeg

My final update for the 2017 Challenge.  Overall I am very proud of the progress I may in my first official year panning. I completely panned 2 smaller palettes and hit quite a bit of pan across several palettes.

For the month of December I primarily played with new palettes & used my longterm palette to accentuate.

November 2017November 2017

December 2017December 2017

I also managed to finish a shade from the Too Faced 500-pt perkDecember 2017December 2017

Thank You all for participating. I hope to see you in the 2018 thread ๐Ÿ’•

Anonymous Insider

What an amazing job @ElleElleG!  Such great progress throughout the year. It's inspiring!  Thank you for hosting this thread for 2017!

Thanks @Anonymous ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“

@ElleElleG what a great progress!! 

Thanks for your support @mezzotown88 ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Amazing job! Thanks for starting this challenge and inspiring me for 2018

Aww glad I could inspire you @Scott2017! Once you catch the panning bug it's hard to let it go ๐Ÿ˜

Hey all!  Just wanted you all to know that I will be posting the 2018 Challenge thread soon and will provide the link here as well as in the OP.

Finally getting off my lazy butt and uploading photos.

The Start, August: I originally started with 4 shades, quickly dropped to just 2. I used only these two for work, the two lightest.

Spoiler
30.jpg118.jpg

Current: December- I've hit pan in one, and have a nice dent in the other.

Spoiler
IMGP4407.jpgIMGP4409.jpg

Great work @Samtian! Thanks for sharing your photos I know uploading can be a hassle at times. 

Anonymous Insider

Nice job @Samtian!

@Anonymous Thank you!

I've been quietly following along in here and will defini...

I've been quietly following along in here and will definitely be joining you all for 2018... great work everyone ๐ŸŽŠ

Not necessarily hitting pan, but I finally cleaned out my stash of foils, perfume samples, new deluxe samples, unused Play box items, and random beauty items and brought them all to a local women's shelter. I forgot to take a picture, but it was just about 4 totally filled, gallon-sized ziplock baggies!

Anonymous Insider

@MissPuff, that is a wonderful act of goodness and kindness and will be deeply appreciated! 

That's awesome @MissPuff !  I am sure the ladies will love each and every item ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

@MissPuff you're so sweet and thoughtful ๐Ÿ™‚

That is so sweet of you @MissPuff

Conversation Stats
Photos80
  • Jan 2017
  • Feb 2017
  • Mar 2017
  • Apr. 2017
  • May 2017
  • June 2017