Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

After chatting with a few of you it seems we were in need of an official "Project Pan" thread for longterm projects to get some use out of our respective makeup collections.  All are welcome to participate!

To accommodate various interests the purpose of this thread is for participants to pick at least 1 item (preferably an eyeshadow palette) to use for at least a month (for a "one month one palette") or until December 31, 2017.  You do not have to use the selected item(s) exclusively and working on simultaneous items is more than OK!

**No project is too big or too small, you know your collection, your goals, and your limitations, do what works best for you!**

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

To get started let us know:

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 🙂
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you have committed to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else

Need some challenges/ideas to help you along the way?  Here are some:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look

Prefer to pan other color items like highlighters or blush?  Feel free to share your items, goals, and progress as well 😉

Now let's see some pan!

**2018 Panning Challenge Thread located here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2018-Challenge/m-p/3604337#M317498

Re: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge

@Tamara76 Ahhh another Naked (I'm still upset with mine, lol for that peeve I posted, lol)!  Is the blush something that you would wear on the eye?  Not sure how pigmented it is but it may look great as a topper for the Naked3 eyeshadows?  

I will always encourage backups of MUFE artist shadows!!!  Do you have a pin to pop them out of the pan?  Their code should be on the back!

BTW, picking 1 palette to focus on each month is a great way to rotate your collection!

@ElleElleG  You are brilliant, my dear!  I never thought of using Super Orgasm as an eye shadow topper - I may have to try that!  

Thanks again for starting this thread! xoxo

i never use super orgasm as blush - i agree, a lil too glittery. but i've always used it, along with powder blush as an eyeshadow duo! 

@Tamara76, i was thinking about my Naked 3 as well but that would be too ambitious 😉

RE: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge

Here are my things to finish [or toss if I just can't!] -Nars Orgasm [Believe it or not I panned one and this was the replacement!] -Elizabeth Arden singles in a case. I forgot how much I like the mushroom color. -Clinique shadow singles. I predict the Plum color will be the last guy standing in this lineup. -Mini lipsticks. The UD one came from a Sephora set. The MUFE one was a freebie. I like both colors but I haaaaate the mini bullets.

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge

Good luck!  @fairlywell

P.S.  I really love this photo!   ❤️

Nice selection of items @fairlywell!  The purple looks like it could work as a subtle pop of color in the waterline or as eyeliner!  I tend to like browns and other deeper shades in my outer v so that's another option (if you need something lighter try mixing it with the pink EA shade).

nfgdvcsaevczHere's my sweet peach palette progress from January of this year!

Very nice @sysysysysy!  What are your thoughts on the palette thus far?

@sysysysysy Wow! Now that is inspiration! 

@ElleElleG I have a few things I'm working on (Becca Highlighter, Chanel bronzer, Tom Ford eyeshadow quad and my never ending lipstick/gloss collection). 

I'm going to gather all my items for a picture and track my progress. Great thread idea! 🙂

Can't wait to see @trishavt 

Nearly 100% certain the only thing at pan or within years of it is this Mac powder. It lives in my purse and gets nearly daily use. I'll track this one and keep an eye out if anything else is a remote possibility. 

IMG_0768.JPG

Nice pan @sister13!   Powders take me for-ever, never thought to carry one with me!  Please keep us updated.

@ElleElleG Yes, yes, yes! Let me rummage through my belongings and see what who will be the victim 😄

Can't wait to see what you select @darkiceis!!

RE: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge

Its hard to tell but I'm actually really close to hitting pan on Incandescent Light! Radiant Light is going to be hard because it's my least favorite. I'm also close to hitting pan on Tempera and if I do then I'll make this my eyeshadow project since I don't like the look of one empty shadow in a palette lol.

@Mcakes that Hourglass palette contains a TON of product per pan doesn't it??!  That's great progress!!

@ElleElleG it really does! I feel like you really get a good value with the Hourglass powders. They perform so well and they last!

@Mcakes I dust radiant light over my chest and shoulders - so far just for dressy stuff, but that might help you use it faster!

@fairlywell that is actually a really good idea, thank you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos80
  • Jan 2017
  • Feb 2017
  • Mar 2017
  • Apr. 2017
  • May 2017
  • June 2017
  • Finished June 14 2017
  • IMG_0249.JPG
  • IMG_0768.JPG