Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Safiiiii same for me with the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss ! I got a DS size in a SC Favourites set a while ago and immediately fell in love ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@Safiiiii I LOVE the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss formula.  I probably have about 6 or 7 in my backup stash right now ๐Ÿ˜.

@heartsmyface Also forgot to add Vegamour HYDR-8 Deep Moisture Repair Mask for Dry, Damaged Hair 5 oz / 147 mL Olaplex Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner Set For Soft, Shiny, Healthy Hair 

@Safiiiii   Thanks for sharing! I love olaplex!  I was sent some Vegamour and havenโ€™t tried it in my bid to use open products up.  My curiosity is peaked. 

I got a trial of LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL. I already had a strong feeling I would end up loving it before I even cracked it open. Itโ€™s unbelievably hydrating and sensitive skin friendly. I was really hoping to avoid adding more things to my planned haul later this monthโ€ฆ

IMG_4700.jpeg

Please excuse the messy lid. This was after fishing out every last drop inside. 

@JoSometimes  Laneige has a very good track record for me as well.  Iโ€™m currently loving the kit I got at Sephoria for its hydration!  Ha and I find myself resisting getting more flavours of the lip sleeping mask.  

@heartsmyface I resisted buying the lip sleep mask for the longest time because I bought one from COSRX. That is, until they rereleased the mango oneโ€ฆ

The water and cica sleep masks have turned up at Winners/Marshallโ€™s multiple times and I finally picked one the water one a few months ago. I canโ€™t sleep without it now. 
Thatโ€™s amazing that you got some Laneige products at Sephoria!

L'Orรฉal Professionnel Metal Detox Strengthening Hair Oil 1.7 oz / 50 ml 

This stuff smells so good, but it is a strong fragrance, the sample absolutely got me!!

I tried it on my hair damp and I ended up with healthy soft curls with no frizz in the morning 

IMG_20220709_210746214.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster The definition on your curls is insane!!

Thank you, it's the product @cianni ๐Ÿ’“

Wow, your hair looks amazing!!! @lmaster 

@sister13 thank you!! I was amazed 

@lmaster  Ouhhhh i havenโ€™t seen this one!  Your hair always looks soooo good so any hair product you suggest is worth seeking out .

Thank you lovely, you're so kind @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Your hair looks great!

Thank you so much!! @Cissy63 

@lmaster  All I can say is wow!

I didn't hesitate to buy the FS @Ispend2much6 thank you!

It looks fantastic, @lmaster! I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

I'm in love with this!! @curlychiquita 

wow your curls look gorgeous @lmaster !

348 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg