Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Krismorganj, this is a fabulous moisturizer! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ Especially in the wintertime! Keeps my skin happy and healthy. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've tried a lot of mascaras (i keep a google tracker of all the makeup/skin/hair/fragrance I try - so i can confidently say that i've tried 18 different ones in the last 2-ish years). I received a sample of the Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara Noir and I am obsessed. If you knew me back in my early BIC days, youll know that i was a ride or die for Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL (and i still like to go back to her), but the YSL??? SO happy i was able to try this because it's amazing. 

@cianni  Good to know this is a winner ๐Ÿ˜€

@cianni  Ohhhh!   I havenโ€™t tried that YSL yet!  Is it thick like the damn girl or a more wet formula?  

@heartsmyface i dont find it wet! i have a terrible habit of getting mascara ALLLLL over my lids, and i didnt have too much of issue with this. definitely less than the Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara (which i found worse than the Damn Girl). i usually do 2-3 coats, and no clumping either!

@cianni I just recently got a sample of that myself but haven't tried it yet!  

@CookieGirl1 i hope you love it when you get a chance to try!!

@cianni Iโ€™ve tried one or two YSL mascaras and theyโ€™ve always worked out well for me. Glad you found one you liked. Iโ€™m going to keep an eye out for a sample.

@makeitup305 i think i got this one as a GWP that came with Yves Saint Laurent LIBRE Eau de Parfum Intense ! the perfume did not work out too well, but finding this was a win 

@cianni  Did you like the original Libre?  I was uncertain at first but then decided I actually like it. 

@heartsmyface i think i was neutral on it, but it was during a time that i was trying a bunch of samples per week, so i may revisit it. i find some fragrances take me a few wears to decide if i truly like it or dont (except for the ones that i'm immediately not a fan of haha)

@cianni I wasnโ€™t that big of a fan of the perfume either. 

Iโ€™ve become so obsessed with the Kรฉrastase Curl Manifesto Hydrating Leave-In Cream for Curly Hair 5.1 oz/ 150 mL ! Got this in the reward bazaar and my hair really like itโ€™s - it seems to do a lot for frizz removal for me ! I am going to snags a full size during the upcoming sale 

6F93EA1E-A8A8-4E9A-89C7-2735A274B6E4.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  It is excellent!  It works so well with the shampoo and mask.

@Kim888 I havenโ€™t tried this one but I bought one of the shampoo and conditioners from this line and have really liked them. They leave my hair really soft. I need to add this to my wishlist for when I run out of my current leave-in.

@Kim888  Good to hear it helps with frizz.  I may look for one ๐Ÿ˜€

Yeahy ๐Ÿฅณ for finding something you hair loves! @Kim888 

@Kim888  Their whole manifesto line is wonderfully hydrating!   

This is good to know, @Kim888 !  I'm always looking for products to help with my wavy/curly frizzy hair.

@Titian06 I agree, this line is excellent 

One of you enablers (Sorry, I don't remember WHICH one of you...) had raved about the Dior Dior Forever Skin Glow Hydrating Foundation so I finally asked for a sample of it when I was in store a few weeks ago.  Spoiler: I bought it.  Whoever recommended it (thank you, BTW) to me didn't steer me wrong!

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg
  • Nest Orange oil.JPG