Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you.  Itโ€™s more like the texture of Smashbox original primer.  My foundation laid on top nicely @heartsmyface  !

Moroccanoil - hooked after my first sample many years ago.  Nothing makes my hair more beautiful. 

@spedteacher74  Their serum really is lovely especially for the ends!  Plus the scent! ๐Ÿ˜

My first introduction to the Nest perfume oils was this sample vial I picked up as a promo gwp. I enjoyed the scent enough to purchase the NEST New York Seville Orange Perfume Oil Rollerball 0.20 oz / 6 mL . The citrusy orange and grapefruit scent is fresh and light with a clean, green, and slightly sweet-floral touch that adds a pleasant softness to the citrus notes. It wears close to the skin and is best when layered with another fragrance. 

Nest Orange oil.JPG

Fragrances are definitely one of those beauty items that I like to sample before picking up a full size (not that I haven't made may share of blind purchases, lol). I've been slowly making my way through some discovery sets so I'm sure this will not be the last or only fragrance I post to this thread @heartsmyface!

I need the nest perfume oilโ€™s in my collection๐Ÿ˜ฉ Iโ€™ve always hesitated tho.. didnโ€™t know if itโ€™s worth it Great buy! ๐Ÿ˜

@eleby   Theyโ€™re worth it!!! The bottles look small but you donโ€™t need a lot and the fragrances last!  

@itsfi  Oh gosh this oil is WONDERFUL!!!  I bought a sampler of their oils and itโ€™s what I call the โ€˜adult โ€™version of Body Shop Satsuma oil!  
Turkish Rose is the fragrance that really grabbed me from the sampler set!  

@heartsmyface, oh that is a great description for it - it does remind me of TBS Satsuma but softer and gentler. I've been layering it with Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine so I can make that latter one last as long as I can. I do want to try the Turkish Rose oil. I think I need to pick up the sampler set at some point - I know, another sampler set! ๐Ÿคฃ Maybe during the holiday sale, if I can get through 2 of the 4, or maybe its 5, fragrance sampler sets I have waiting for me. That'll be my motivation! Ha!

@itsfi  I know๐Ÿซฃ, perfume oil samplers seem to get my attention more than actual perfumes for some reason.  perhaps theyโ€™re not sampled as often?  
i need to try more perfume layering- especially that combo!  ha, my daytime perfume wearing is about to take a dip cause I started as a chocolatier and chocolate and fragrance donโ€™t mix. What have I done to myself?   

โ€œโ€ฆyou started as a chocolatierโ€ฆโ€ @heartsmyface? Say more โ€ฆ ๐Ÿซ 

@itsfi I really like the Nest Oils. I purchased the NEST New York Perfume Oil Discovery Set which led me to buy the NEST New York Indian Jasmine Perfume Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL . I originally received the orange seville like yourself!

@Mellmars1185, how strong is the Indian Jasmine oil? I have become more of a fan of white florals, including jasmine, over the last couple of years (that took me by surprise) but the scents I tend to go for lean towards the softer side. 

@itsfi  If you love Jasmine (cough cough) Bitter Peach;);). beautiful jasmine notes followed by a peachy sweetness. 

Girl, that is on my list!! All thanks to you, @heartsmyface! I saw you mention it a few months back and I hightailed it to a Tom Ford counter to smell that baby! It smells ahhhhmaaaazing!! ๐Ÿฅฐ I will be picking up a scent during the sale โ€ฆ and it will be all your fault! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@itsfi  Oh you did manage to test it!!!  Itโ€™s so wonderful isnโ€™t it??!!!  I have so much enthusiasm pushing it on people (get me a job spritzing people a beauty counters๐Ÿ˜†)  Haha, I will accept full responsibility for how good youโ€™ll smell.  ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Great to know, @itsfi !  I love citrus scents.  I might have a sample of this laying around now that I think about it. ๐Ÿ˜„

@Titian06, I love the freshness and sometimes tartness of citrus scents; very fresh and refreshing! Do you have a favorite (or maybe favorites) citrus scent?

@itsfi - You want me to pick just one?!? ๐Ÿคฃ

- Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradise 

- Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

- The 7 Virtues Orange Blossom Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

- The 7 Virtues Patchouli Citrus Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

- NEST New York Citrine Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Beautiful list @Titian06! Never just one. Favorite or favorite- itโ€™s always the latter for me. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi - I meant to mention I did find my sample of NEST New York Seville Orange Perfume Oil Rollerball 0.20 oz / 6 mL . ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Interested to get your take on it @Titian06! ๐ŸŠ Totally understand if there are other fragrances ahead in the queue. Totally. Understand. ๐Ÿ˜† 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg