Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I've had 2 instances of falling in love with samples lately. Of course, it had to be for the pricey items ๐Ÿ˜ญ

The first one is TOM FORD Traceless Soft Matte Foundation - it just sits so naturally and beautifully on my skin. And it's so lightweight. I still haven't bought the full size because it's $$$$ and I'm working through other foundations.... but it's on my list for sure.

Second is Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick Biscuit I've been loving cream products for a while now, and I'm always in search of a great contour product. I got a little blister sample of this, and the shade biscuit is so perfect for me. It's also so soft and creamy, and blends like a dream!

@elise222, that TF foundation has been on my list of bases to try. I like the sound of it being a โ€œsoft matteโ€ foundation. My skin will be getting drier as the weather cools and a straight matte foundation will probably not work out so well, but soft matte, that could work! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I always worry when I see "matte" in a foundation description since my skin tends to lean toward the drier end of things. But it's truly "soft" - to me, it looks so skin like and natural, not dry at all. It's definitely worth sampling if you can (in my opinion anyway)!

@elise222 Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick Biscuit is one of my favorite products. It's the only contour I've ever gotten to work for me.

It's such a beautiful product! I think it's going to be my next purchase.

What a fun thread. Honestly, what instantly comes to mind is mostly perfumes. Whenever I get a sample that I run through and enjoy the product enough to miss it. Over time, many of these love stories fade and then when I re-sample the same product I don't feel the same way but recently there have been a few perfumes that I instantly knew I needed and ended up buying.

Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl Glam Parfum Limited Edition 2.7 oz / 80 mL parfum spray 

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 

Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Surprisingly, these are all very different scents but somehow they all caught my attention to eventually splurge for a larger size. ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline I know what you mean about Beach Walk!  It's so pretty and fresh and although it doesn't necessarily sound like a perfume that I would normally choose on my own I also got a sample and it totally surprised me ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline I love this whole sub-thread โค๏ธ I totally agree, sometimes you find something so amazing but for whatever reason, with time, that fades or you even wonder to yourself, what was I thinking? I've learned to hold off buying full bottles and testing over longer periods for precisely this reason.

@QueenMarceline  Perfume samples get me all the time as well!  Most recently I caved and went for Tom Ford Bitter Peach.  Ugh why does it smell sooo good?  It was worth it cause it makes my eyes roll back in happiness every time I spray it ๐Ÿ™‚ TOM FORD Bitter Peach Eau De Parfum Fragrance 

@heartsmyface Bitter peach is so good, I bought the travel size after going through a sample, I love the scent !!

I just smelled this in store! Initially, I was like "ugh, this isn't peach at all!". But then it dried down and it truly is magical.

@heartsmyface I haven't tried that one yet but I need to sample it... like, yesterday. I've been eyeing a couple of Tom Ford perfumes and also want to sample the TOM FORD Rose Prick Eau de Parfum Fragrance 

@QueenMarceline, love perfume samples. Myth is one of my faves from the Ellis Brooklyn collection - I first tried a sample of that scent when I was vacation in Maui and went back to the Sephora store to pick up a roller ball before my trip ended and a full size followed at the next Sephora sale. All because of a sample.

@itsfi I've tried a couple perfumes from EB and honestly this is the only one I liked enough to purchase. I've always wanted to go to Maui, you probably definitely associate that smell with your vacation since scent is so powerful to memory--that's so awesome!

@QueenMarceline  Yes I like beach walks too!!!

@ather It's a really good one, I get compliments on it all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely products .... The glow recipe watermelon dew drops, new to me late last year. I'm so grateful for that one. Then over the summer I found make no mistake concealer, so that became a must have.

most recently the FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie-so fab scented! Coconut!

@ionianblue Oh, what do you like about the SC make no mistake concealer? I havenโ€™t tried that one yet!

@Guessgal @I like it's mattifying effect it's longevity; and it's obviously thick, but for a liquid to give the coverage of a cream concealer that made me re-purchase!

@ionianblue so much love for GR, thier Dew Drops are amazing. They give you such a glow.  I'm happy you found them ๐Ÿคฉ Have you tried the Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer ? It gives you quite the glow. I hope you can snag a sample of that one,  it's great!

They really do! the best I've found  โ˜บ.. And no Plum plump,not yet....

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg