Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@heartsmyface I haven't tried that one yet but I need to sample it... like, yesterday. I've been eyeing a couple of Tom Ford perfumes and also want to sample the TOM FORD Rose Prick Eau de Parfum Fragrance 

@QueenMarceline, love perfume samples. Myth is one of my faves from the Ellis Brooklyn collection - I first tried a sample of that scent when I was vacation in Maui and went back to the Sephora store to pick up a roller ball before my trip ended and a full size followed at the next Sephora sale. All because of a sample.

@itsfi I've tried a couple perfumes from EB and honestly this is the only one I liked enough to purchase. I've always wanted to go to Maui, you probably definitely associate that smell with your vacation since scent is so powerful to memory--that's so awesome!

@QueenMarceline  Yes I like beach walks too!!!

@ather It's a really good one, I get compliments on it all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely products .... The glow recipe watermelon dew drops, new to me late last year. I'm so grateful for that one. Then over the summer I found make no mistake concealer, so that became a must have.

most recently the FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie-so fab scented! Coconut!

@ionianblue Oh, what do you like about the SC make no mistake concealer? I havenโ€™t tried that one yet!

@Guessgal @I like it's mattifying effect it's longevity; and it's obviously thick, but for a liquid to give the coverage of a cream concealer that made me re-purchase!

@ionianblue so much love for GR, thier Dew Drops are amazing. They give you such a glow.  I'm happy you found them ๐Ÿคฉ Have you tried the Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer ? It gives you quite the glow. I hope you can snag a sample of that one,  it's great!

They really do! the best I've found  โ˜บ.. And no Plum plump,not yet....

@ionianblue Glow Recipe products smell so good!!!  Iโ€™m trying to recall of Iโ€™ve tried the FAB but I know Iโ€™d default love it if it smells coconuty:) 

@ionianblue, ooh, this reminds me I have a sample of the GR Dew Drops I've been meaning to put to use. ๐Ÿ˜

@ionianblue  Yay for finding great products!!!

@heartsmyface this is a fun thread!

MALIN+GOETZ Essentials Kit 

Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

I tried this kit because I love tester sized items. It's great to try something in a small size before getting trapped with a large bottle or container.

I fell in love with MALIN+GOETZ Bergamot Hand + Body Wash **one of my all time favorite scents**, the MALIN+GOETZ Cilantro Hair Conditioner 8 oz/ 236 mL and MALIN+GOETZ Peppermint Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL , everything else in the kit was just menh to me , nothing to write home about.  But I bought those 3 in full size ๐Ÿคฉ

@CynthieLu, I love discovery sets for many reasons, including exactly what you said - being able to try out a product before committing to a full size is great - works out better for the wallet and for not having so many things that might not work out for you. I like that sets like this give enough products to really see if a product works for me over a period of time.

Exactly ๐Ÿ’ฏ  @itsfi and I give away the ones that don't work for me, sometimes a friend loves something that I didn't.  No waste and it's fun for everyone ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’œ

@CynthieLu  I have a bunch of foils from this brand. I need to dig them out and try them!!!! 

I've been on a concealer kick, lately. Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Cakeless Full Coverage Waterproof Liquid Concealer recently caught my attention. A little of this stuff goes a loooong way and it does hold up well. I haven't (yet) tested its waterproof claims but it has performed nicely in heat and humidity. @heartsmyface 

Benefit Concealer.jpg

@itsfi  Oh gosh I havenโ€™t used that stuff in years!!!!!  I used to LOVE BOing back in the day when it came in little pod jars! I love the pencil packaging much more!!   If I recall itโ€™s pretty thick and high coverage right?  

Heat and humidity are truly the ultimate test.  If it survives actual water and the friction of drying thereโ€™s an issue๐Ÿ˜„
 Okay are those erasers sponges?   I must know!  

@heartsmyface, it was a throwback to see this - yes, the little jars! The pencil packaging is so much better, in my opinion, at least. Yes, yes, good memory, the previous version was thiiiiick and full coverage. This one is still high coverage and it is on the thicker side but I feel like the formulation is much less thick than when it was in the pot, possibly having to do with it coming in a tube with a large doe foot applicator. It's not a liquid formulation, it's creamy and thick-ish that's for sure, but this one seems like this one offers more fluidity to it. That said, I find that for the under eyes, I need to focus on one side at a time (as opposed to placing a few dots under the eyes on both sides and then working on one eye at a time. 

Oh my goodness, that would have been a brilliant idea if the eraser was an actual eraser. It's just for show here. We need to get you on a development team - you have amazing ideas! 

This Boi-ing concealer was a happy stroll down memory lane, with all its updates. Benefit seems to be revamping some of its older product lines, either packaging-wise or adding to the range of some of its staples - I just picked up a foil sample of the pore-fessional. I'm hoping they bring back another of their jar products, the lemon-aid. ๐Ÿคž

@itsfi  This one some how got past my radar. I use to love the old version of these. Bonus points for it matching your nails and being on theme of back to school ๐Ÿ˜‰

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg
  • Nest Orange oil.JPG