Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

@officegal- woops, as @kalex clarified, she mentioned it in my "itching to buy" thread!  You mentioned the LORAC tye dye lipset- what did you think?  I read such great reviews and even liked it when I tried it but I too have only worn it like twice!  I don't know why it didn't win me over!  The pigmentation is amazing though.

@kalex- I saw the Stila deal you are talking about on the front page of Sephora and I really want it- esp for the blush.  Although the LAST thing I need is a blush considering I am def going to haul some new blushes from Gueralin and Estee Lauder.  I have that Lancome Oscillation thing too, I don't even know where it is!  I can't believe how much $$ I spent on it and used it like 3-4 times.  I hate the sponge.

@sarithor- LOVE the pictures!  Stash pictures always make me want to drool Smiley Tongue

@macuser- how did you like the Korres primer?

@daisy- join in when you can, I wanna hear about your finds!

In honor of the mounting snow outside, I'm going to do a snow bunny look from the first BE eyeshadow set I ever purchased.

BE Snowflake (last used NYE)

BE Sapphire (not used for a long time)

Thanks everyone! Today was a wonderful day!!! The last few weeks, here in the desert, its been pretty much spring. So, it was another gorgeous sunny day. I got a lot accomplished today too. For those who were reading the "stress relief" thread and read and supported me through my college drama, Today I got a hold of the Director of Admissions and Records and she reviewed my file and my husbands and I got approved to be resident in California. The Residency clerk who had been giving me such a hard time and denying me and never returning or answering my calls, well she was absolutely in the wrong. She should've accepted my residency documents in the first places, months ago. They were acceptable documents to begin with! So I got a full apology from the Director of Admissions and I enrolled in one class (thats all that was left seeing how school starts monday), But I feel a 1000 times better!!! I knew I was right lol. I think the residency clerk is in big trouble from what it sounds like from the Director... Oh well, I hopes she learns to be more professional and less rude lol.

Today I also used my Too Faced Glamour to Go 2 little pocket palette. I use to use this palette ALL THE TIME but I got new stuff and it got forgotten like the Velveteen Rabbit Smiley Sad haha but I'm in love with it again.

too some pics again too! as you can see one lip gloss got loved a lot when I first got it lol. I hit the pan. But I use a different one today. The one underneath it. The onlyt thing about this palette is the extreme amount of fall out on it lol. But I still love it.

toofacedtogo.jpgtoofacedtogo2.jpg

@runy - I put two of the LORAC Tie Dye glosses in the TSB2!  I only use the beigy one (forget the name) regularly and I totally agree with you - not sure why I'm not crazy about them.  They were such great value and are good quality.  Maybe I'll grow to love them??

@sarithor - That's amazing!!!  Congratulations and I hope the residency clerk hears it from the director!  Can you imagine how many other people she put through this torture???  Love today's makeup pic, too.  Smiley Very Happy

Today I'm wearing the new Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact in "Sun Bunny" that I hauled from TSB2!

For lips I chose Tarte 24.7 in "Wednesday" and layered a Sephora gloss over top.  I had put the Tarte 24.7 out of rotation because it's a bit drying during winter but layer with balm underneath and gloss over top makes it better.

I didn't put any makeup on today......! THat's the first time in months!! I don't think I'll make it the whole day,though.

I was surprised at how well my etsy true colors lasted.I went about 8 hours without it creasing, and when it did crease, It wasn't too bad. I will start using that part of my stash more often!

I didn't wear a lot today, and I'm kind of enjoying it. I'm wearing Sephora collection mineral loose powder foundation, MUFE finishing powder, korres abyssinia oil volumizing mascara, and a Revlon lipstick in a super dark shade. Sometimes it's fun to just do foundation/powder for a flawless look, then pile on some mascara & lipstick & let the rest go. BTW, the powder is so close to being gone. There's maybe one more use in it, two at the most, then that one's out of my way! Not that I didn't like it, but I have others started too. The lipstick is also an old one I haven't used in forever. It's a good shade though and goes on smooth but seems to have staying power. Although I did put Too Faced Lip Insurance on underneath it...I almost forgot. The mascara is almost ready to be tossed too.

@sarithor Loving your pics, keep posting <3

Oh, that was a great answer! To look and see how much products cost in terms of size.

Smart lady!

My parents bought me a beautiful Vanity with mady drawers to avoid this problem. I also have a special rack for nail and hair items so I don't think I can jjoin this lol.Smiley Happy

Love this idea! Most of my makeup extras come from bonuses. I rarely love *everything* from a bonus gift and there are always wayward lipsticks or eyeshadows or what not that get put aside. Yesterday, I found this lovely warm gold-green eyeshadow from Cargo that was too strong for me, but nowadays, I like more colour around the eyes. I have a couple Kiko eyepencils (Italian brand) in blue and green so I made a kind of colourful smoky eye to match the irridescent colours of a hairband I have with peacock feathers. Paired this with a never used Clinique lipstick.

I also found a warming mask by Lancome... good time of year to use it, I think, considering the chill outside!

This is such a good (bank friendly) challenge! I definitely have enough in my stash -- I'll never use it all, and I don't need anything else right now Smiley Tongue.  I have things I bought even recently that I haven't used much! Today, I resurrected my favorite (but recently forgotten) NARS lipstick in Cruising, and my new(ish, but also recently forgotten) blush in Sex Appeal.

: )

>CRASH!<

That's me falling off of the Shop your own stash bandwagon! My stash really isn't that huge-- I've gone  on and off the makeup bandwagon  throughout my life, and often end up throwing old things away  by neccesity when I go back on the bandwagon, so I am going to make a purchase today!!!

.....I'm crossing over to the dark side.....

LOL!!!

What a bad, bad girl you are! Let us know what you purchase & how it works out for you. We have to feed our hunger somehow Smiley Happy

daisy346 wrote:

What a bad, bad girl you are! Let us know what you purchase & how it works out for you. We have to feed our hunger somehow Smiley Happy

Well, I HAD to get some of those 24/7 eye shadow pencils......and the new Tarte Amazonian clay blush. I NEEDED a coral and since the 500 point perk for Coralista was gone by the time I was ready to order, I figured I should just order a more natural blush......and I NEEDED the All Nighter make up setting spray. My foundation was rubbing off on my winter coats and scarves....... And the Midnight Mambo nail polish was limited edition and y'all know how much I love sparkles......and.........

and........

................hopeless junkie dedicated collector............

Smiley Very Happy

Today I wore my Maybelline New York ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad in Velvet Crush. I also tried a new technique with it. I read a couple weeks ago in Beauty and the Blog that this girl uses lip gloss/chap stick as an eyeshadow primer to make the colors more vivid. So, I thought I try it and it really worked!!! It didn't crease like one girl commented on that blog said it probably would. I bought all these eyeshadow quads from Maybelline, and I never thought there was a big color pay off, even with regular eye shadow primer. But this trick definitely helped! I used my favorite lip balm. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve, I buy it a Bath and Body Works, cause they always have some type of lip gloss sale, and I usually get that one, and the C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Gloss, and then I usually get another for free or something haha.

maybelline.jpgmaybellinelook.jpg

That looks great, sarithor!!!!!

I'm so glad we're rediscovering so many great things in our stash!

I try not to wear makeup when I don't have any plans... it might be Sunday this week.

I took a pic of today's products as well, though I'm not as brave as Sarithor is with displaying the artwork.  (It's all a mess now at the end of the day anyway.)  The shadow is a Sephora Collection palette called "Jungle Chic" and I wore the dark shade at the very top, keeping it near the lashline and within the crease only.

I also decided to put my perfume into regular rotation since some have become neglected even though I love all my perfume.

IMG_1538.JPG

@Officegal, Omg I want that sephora palette now, it looks soo pretty!!! Yeah, I don't expect everyone to be like me when it comes to pictures lol. I've never been shy about pictures of myself. I love ugly pictures of me, I don't know why lol.  Not saying the ones I've posted so far are that ugly, just meaning I have waaay worse pictures that I will make my facebook profile picture haha. I have such bad pictures that I make public that regular ones, look fabulous to me lol. I have no problem leaving the house looking like a disaster. apparently I rarely match according to my sister haha. She was telling me that the other day. She likes it, she says she wishes she could be more like me, more care-free. I don't even see it as being care-free, I just wear whats comfortable I don't even think about the colors haha. I will go out with a blue shirt with a bright yellow tank top underneath showing, with pink flip flops and a bright purple purse haha. I need to practice on the matching thing though.

Love the photo, sarithor!

And, here's how long my resolve lasted...NARS was having an event today at Nordstrom -- which my favorite makeup artist called to about. Could I have lied and said I had dinner plans? Had to work late? Used ANY excuse? Yes. Did I? No. FAIL!

Soooo, I went to NARS (I love having my makeup done because it always gives me new ideas) and I DID exercise a bit of self restraint (they always use 5,000 products) but they had a really cute Valentine's Day Tainted Love Set, with the Angelika multiple and gloss and a Schiap nail polish...it's $59, but really, it's a $78 value...and I bought the eyeshadow duo in Jolie Poupée -- it's a purpley duo. I might return it, or both items. Both of these are sold at Sephora, anyway, where I can get VIB points. I have a weakness for limited editions, but re: Tainted Love, I already have the Multiple in Riviera, which is pink (but a *different* pink!)...and the Angelika gloss is pretty...but I don't REALLY need the Schiap polish. The eyeshadow duo is pretty, and while I don't own many purples, I have the NAKED palette to use...aagh. Return?

Okay, that was long-winded...

@sarithor - That was an old palette that Sephora was clearing out in the fall and I got it for 50% off.  I don't think they have the same one anymore. Smiley Sad

@katie - It sounds like you need to return them both!  Or at the very least return the Tainted set since you don't sound crazy about the items.  If you must, buy Angelika on its own and forget the rest.  Smiley Happy

sarithor wrote:

I have no problem leaving the house looking like a disaster. apparently I rarely match according to my sister haha. She was telling me that the other day. She likes it, she says she wishes she could be more like me, more care-free. I don't even see it as being care-free, I just wear whats comfortable I don't even think about the colors haha. I will go out with a blue shirt with a bright yellow tank top underneath showing, with pink flip flops and a bright purple purse haha. I need to practice on the matching thing though.

I used to live in a really artsy, funky 5 college town. So many people wore such weird outfits there. It was REALLY a fun place to live! I once had a friend from there tell me "Not matching on purpose is sorta like matching." When I was getting dressed one day and couldn't find a matching piece. I'm kinda "matching crazy." Usually my underwear matches mt clothes, which matches my nail polish..... It comes from my mum who used to make me match my NIGHTGOWNS to my bedroom decor. I found this annoying. I'd be like "Mummie, NObody is watching me SLEEP!!!" Smiley Mad

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • dontuseoften.jpg
  • medontuse.jpg
  • toofacedtogo.jpg
  • toofacedtogo2.jpg
  • maybelline.jpg
  • maybellinelook.jpg
  • IMG_1538.JPG
  • mufelipstick.jpg
  • mufelipsticklook.jpg